Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Efibre

Options
  • 14-03-2016 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,

Can someone clarify this for me -

I have tested my phone for eir fibre and it comes up my home is now enabled for efibre.

I am currently on sky broadband and speeds are average 4 mb and I rang sky to tell them of this and they informed me that speeds would increase only to 7 mb and would not be worth my while changing for a extra charge of €10 a month on top of what I already pay.

I rang eir to see about changing and have been told that I will receive speeds of 100 mb - realistically I know this speed won't happen but even one fifth would do me!!!

I rang back sky to state what eir had said and they still stated it would be only 7 mb with fibre.

I know sky uses the eir infrastructure.

Can anyone please tell me how sky and eir are so different - are sky been honest (I mean they are going to lose me as a customer) or are eir giving me a sales pitch - if they are both using the same wiring how is it so different - sorry not terribly clued in, if someone can explain this please do?????

Totally confused. Thank you 🙄

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

The Grimm wrote: »
    Hi,

Can someone clarify this for me -

I have tested my phone for eir fibre and it comes up my home is now enabled for efibre.

I am currently on sky broadband and speeds are average 4 mb and I rang sky to tell them of this and they informed me that speeds would increase only to 7 mb and would not be worth my while changing for a extra charge of €10 a month on top of what I already pay.

I rang eir to see about changing and have been told that I will receive speeds of 100 mb - realistically I know this speed won't happen but even one fifth would do me!!!

I rang back sky to state what eir had said and they still stated it would be only 7 mb with fibre.

I know sky uses the eir infrastructure.

Can anyone please tell me how sky and eir are so different - are sky been honest (I mean they are going to lose me as a customer) or are eir giving me a sales pitch - if they are both using the same wiring how is it so different - sorry not terribly clued in, if someone can explain this please do?????

Totally confused. Thank you 🙄
    Hi The Grimm, 

Feel free to PM me your details and I'll clarify this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 10 The Grimm

I have sent PM Tracey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

The Grimm wrote: »
    I have sent PM Tracey
    Perfect, thanks.

I'll come back to you soon through PM's.

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

The Grimm can you tell us what Eir said, what speed are you able to get with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

The Grimm can you tell us what Eir said, what speed are you able to get with them?
    Is there anything I can help you with TireeTerror? :)

-Pamela 

• Advertisement

Going to send you a PM Pamela.

BTW Pamela, there are several users who have sent you messages to you "visitors messages" section on your profile, they include account numbers and all manner of personal details.  These users have clearly mistaken that section as your PM section.  It would be advisable to delete them, if you are not able to delete them, a mod could do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

BTW Pamela, there are several users who have sent you messages to you "visitors messages" section on your profile, they include account numbers and all manner of personal details.  These users have clearly mistaken that section as your PM section.  It would be advisable to delete them, if you are not able to delete them, a mod could do it.
    Thanks TireeTerror,
    I'll arrange to have them deleted.

I'm going through my PM's now and will be back to you shortly. :)

-Pamela

Advertisement