Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dormer extension cost query

Options
  • 14-03-2016 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone has any view on what they think this would cost?

In summary, we have a 3 bed ground floor bungalow with garage today (Gable roof) and the desire is to convert approximately 2/3rds of the property(including the garage) into a dormer with upstairs/downstairs rooms.(Making this a gable and valley roof)

Reason for this approach is because I have been advised that building up rather than out can be cost saving (avoiding digging basically)

In all, the project would include some additional mods,

At a glance I would say, re-wiring work, moving water tanks, some additional plumbing/routing, new stairs, new upstairs bathroom, some support work (trying to keep as much of the existing downstairs support walls but one wall might need to be removed in the new hallway) and then insulation/finishing etc

Alot to consider I understand but would anyone think you could do this to a decent standard with an 80k budget?

I understand a QS is the route to go but I am still in planning the idea hence my initial queries to get a feel for things ahead:)

Thanks for any feedback on this,
    Mimes:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mimesedit

I can't seem to edit the post - The approximate floor space would be ~80m2 downstairs.

Dormer would be only on one side of this.

Thx

Advertisement