Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WIN a Fitbit with Team Ireland!

Options
  • 14-03-2016 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

With the Olympics only a short time away, the Irish athletes are already thinking of what they could achieve in Rio 2016.

Tell us what personal achievement you are most proud of below, for the chance to win a Fitbit Charge!

PBuyxVm.jpg

Just to note:

- This competition closes on the afternoon of Monday 28th March
    - One entry per person

We will announce the winner shortly after the competition closes, so ensure to check back with us if you have taken part!

All the best!
    The Electric Ireland Social Media team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

Hi all,

With the Olympics only a short time away, the Irish athletes are already thinking of what they could achieve in Rio 2016.

Tell us what personal achievement you are most proud of below, for the chance to win a Fitbit Charge!

PBuyxVm.jpg

Just to note:

- This competition closes on the afternoon of Monday 28th March
    - One entry per person

We will announce the winner shortly after the competition closes, so ensure to check back with us if you have taken part!

All the best!
    The Electric Ireland Social Media team

Quit Smoking for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 tezzywezzy

I lost 5 stone, going from 22st 3lbs to 17 st 3lbs. still a long way to go so the Fitbit would help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Won an all ireland Martial arts tournament when I was 17...and in shape :D been a long time since I was in that condition though!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I realised that most (if not all) gadgets marketed towards health and fitness are at best utterly useless. 

I'd imagine I'm not in line for a win here...?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 marzabar

There's a few; I went from hating exercise in all forms to someone who loves the gym and gets up at 6am every morning to exercise, went from not being able to run to running 10km in 50 minutes, went from restricting my diet to unhealthy levels to learning how to fuel it properly. 

But more proud of no longer being shy about being the only girl in the weights section! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I ran the London Marathon in 2012 and raised over five thousand for cancer charities.

I was on target for a 3 hour marathon at halfway but spectacularly imploded towards the end....a Fitbit would definitely help my preparation next time ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

Dropped some excess weight (4 stone) and took up running witht he best running crew in Ireland (shout out to the wibblys!) 

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭coolclogher

Cycled the Ring of Kerry over two days recently

• Registered Users Posts: 10,418 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I cycled from Waterford to Killarney - 200km,
    Then cycled the Ring of Kerry the next day - 180km....   
    Great fun !! 

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Biggest personal achievement was losing 1.5 stone and then having impressed my friends got them to be more active and healthy. Always nice having a running/cycling buddy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Quit smoking after nearly 20 years. No looking back now

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Gordy6040

After 15 years of neglect I got myself back in shape. I can now bench press my body weight, squat 1.5 times it and more importantly.... I can keep up with my kids in the playground. That last bit pretty much kills everything :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

Going from not being able to run 10 metres to jogging 10km.

hoping this distance will be doubled if you ask the same question next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

Managing to complete the Ring of Kerry cycle a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

got out of bed this morning... struggled but got to the toilet. Quick clean of the teeth, now im back in bed zzzzzzzzz. Fit-bit-tastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I went to my GP with a cough and managed to save my life.
    Had heart surgery a few months later!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Not sporting related but became an uncle!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I am most proud of saving my life. I lost 8 stone. I changed my life around. I went from a size 24/26 to a size 10. I completely transformed myself & have been the happiest that I have been in years. 

I would love to win this fitbit because I would love to have something to encourage me to get out there and exercise and I think this would be a wonderful tool to keep me motivated and healthy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Trev De rev

Took up cycling and running 4 years ago after about 20 years of no exercise. So far have taken part and completed several adventure races, ring of Kerry cycle,various runs. Hopefully I will complete a Marathon soon

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

When I was 22 I fell off a balcony, shattering my heel. The doctors told me I wouldn't be able to walk correctly again, needed a serious operation and a lot of tungsten to piece the heel back together and a month stay in the hospital, plus 6 months on the crutches.

At the time I was looking to go back to play rugby, obviously that was now out of the question, medical advise needless to say was to avoid contact sports.

5 years later, still limping around and having done little to no physical activity in the past 5 years I decided I'd make a change. I spent 18 months training and working and stretching every day just to get into shape so I could jog, never mind play sports. Eventually I decided I wanted to give rugby a go again, but not before going through 6 months of gruelling physio sessions and being told I probably wouldn't be able to go back and play the sport I love. 

3 years later and I've just finished my third season playing rugby. It hasn't been easy, and despite being told I probably wouldn't be able to achieve it I did. I'm 30 this summer, and hope to be playing until I'm 40!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭remeneerb

I'm proud of passing my driving test!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 rockinmama

Now fitter, healthier, lighter and far less lazy than I was before I got pregnant, all because I want to set a good example for my daughter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

cycling 200km over 2 days

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭corvus4906

I've walked from Dublin to Galway a few years ago. yes. Walked.

Also this year i bought a house! which i'm very proud to finally have been able to do. Moved in last week!

just need get into a fitness habit :P FitBit would be great to kick start it

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

My biggest achievement was completing my degree and moving onto further education. This time next year I hope to be a fully qualified accountant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭mrskinner

Located the gym! 

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭carolireland

I have raised 4 children and then turned my attention to getting myself fit and getting some time just for me. I have been doing Zumba twice a week for the past 2 years and have trained as a yoga teacher!! Feel fitter now than I have in years!!! 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭billbond4

going from not be able to run ,to doing the Dublin city Marathon

• Registered Users Posts: 13 EmperorKuzco

Finishing the Couch to 5K programme! I am (... was?) incredibly unfit and I NEVER considered I could be a runner, but I reached my first 5K in February :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

started my own company, three years in and finally turned a profit last month :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement