Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WIN a Fitbit with Team Ireland!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 CliM

My proudest achievement is my baby boy! After a long nine months and years waiting he's here and now all I need to do is lose the excess pounds that came with the waiting game! I'd love the fit bit to spur me on to be fitter like some of the other posters :) 

• Registered Users Posts: 24 CH1123581321

Climbing Carrantouhill and playing football fro Kerry are some of my finest achievements! would love this prize, fingers crossed I win :D

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

A personal achievement that I'm very proud of was cycling a Dublin Bike from O'Connell Street to every county in Leinster & back in the summer of 2015. This year I'd like to cycle one to Cork, Galway or Belfast!

Something that will pale in comparison to many of the achievements here, but for me it would probably be overcoming crippling anxiety and fear of failure to finally join a gym. I've still got a long, long way to go but even making that first baby step was progress that seemed impossible once upon a time. 

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭shannonman81

I had surgery on my knee in the summer of 2014, had played soccer for years and started taking the gym seriously.
    I planted my foot training one morning and heard/felt a pop... I had broken the tip of my tibia which the cruciate ligament is attached too....Long story short have a screw now holding it in place...
    Biggest achievement was getting back playing soccer and getting a barbel on my shoulders after months of body weight and then dumbbell squats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 TonyCochrane

Being a good dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Managed to stay alive for 63 years baby

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Started my weight loss journey and have lost 10Kg so far.
    A fitbit would help with tracking the exercise(walking/running) I am doing

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

Hi all,

With the Olympics only a short time away, the Irish athletes are already thinking of what they could achieve in Rio 2016.

Tell us what personal achievement you are most proud of below, for the chance to win a Fitbit Charge!

PBuyxVm.jpg

Just to note:

- This competition closes on the afternoon of Monday 28th March
    - One entry per person

We will announce the winner shortly after the competition closes, so ensure to check back with us if you have taken part!

All the best!
    The Electric Ireland Social Media team
    I lost 4 stone, then I quit smoking and managed to keep the weight off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

Topping the leader board on dig-dug at my local arcade, at least until closing time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

walking 10k in killarney national park. 25k in the period of 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

I overcame an eating disorder and instead channeled my energy into long distance running and weightlifting! Im only starting out but already being able to squat my own body weight and run 10km has been amazingly satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Ocditsme

I quit the alcohol in January and haven't looked back since.. training and life have never looked better.
    I'm well on the way to running a sub
    3:30hr Marathon in limerick on the may bank holiday weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 LifeasaPigeon

Ive joined the gym and stuck to it, which has helped me to get my depression and asthma under control, and I've been getting better at keeping up with college work! Sounds like nothing but it's a massive improvement for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭radia

Realising that I'm the one who needs to take responsibility for making my life change.
    It's been too easy to blame circumstances/others/lack of time/whatever you're having yourself.
    So now I'm making time, holding myself accountable, and ever so slowly inching towards where I want to be.
    Hope to still be proud of that in a year's time and beyond.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Siog-Alainn

Noticing myself becoming increasingly unhappy and unhealthy and doing something about it. Joined a gym three weeks ago so early days yet but starting to feel better!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Quit the smokes 5 years ago and have piled on weight since. Need help getting it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi all,

Thanks for taking part.

We will draw the winner now and announce ASAP!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

I wait to see who other than me won it, not too sure if :) or :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

I had surgery on my knee in the summer of 2014,   had played soccer for years and started taking the gym seriously.
    I planted my foot training one morning and heard/felt a pop... I had broken the tip of my tibia which the  cruciate ligament is attached too....Long story short have a screw now holding it in place...
    Biggest achievement was getting back playing soccer and getting a barbel on my  shoulders after months of body weight and then dumbbell squats.
    Hi shannonman81,

Congratulations - your competition entry has been drawn as the winner!

Sending you a message now.

Thanks again all for taking part, and for telling your wonderful, inspirational stories - keep an eye out for more competitions on our social media!

Kind regards,
    The Electric Ireland team

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement