Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco online and instore offers

Options
  • 14-03-2016 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

Im hoping someone might be able to help me with this. I went into Tescos today as I saw an offer online and decided Id go into the store and buy it. When I got there prices were different. I spoke to customer service who would not accept that I was right about prices I saw online. Was fairly rude to me. When I got home I spoke to someone on tescos help line. He told me that the prices online on offers arent always the same as prices in store. I thought this was strange?

Can anyone shed light on this> was I wrong??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

They were right. Offers online don't always match prices in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

Lordy I had no idea, just flew i when I saw the offer (easter eggs, I needed loads for different groups)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Nelly 21 wrote: »
    Lordy I had no idea, just flew i when I saw the offer (easter eggs, I needed loads for different groups)

They do online only offers!

Didnt notice!! You live and learn!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tracey turnblad

I worked for Tesco for twenty years and I didn't know that

• Advertisement

That the online and instore offers were different? Glad its not just me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

If you look at the site it says on some items *online offer only. In teeny letters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Can you order on line for collection in store?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

you can collect them at collection points, i have collected from clarehall. its not actually in store. its around the back.

Little update, My sister arrived home today with easter eggs from tescos at the price they were advertised for on the internet. This was the same tescos that I was in yesterday, customer service told me there was no sale and she knew nothing about it. (I was told the same when I rang customer service head office).

As I was buying a large quantity of eggs Im fairly disgusted. I rang the shop and spoke to a manager who is looking into it and ringing me back,

The eggs that were on sale were the other side of the shop...... away from the small and medium eggs were..... Of course I didnt walk around the shop as I was only buying eggs....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Nelly 21 wrote: »
    Little update, My sister arrived home today with easter eggs from tescos at the price they were advertised for on the internet. This was the same tescos that I was in yesterday, customer service told me there was no sale and she knew nothing about it. (I was told the same when I rang customer service head office).

As I was buying a large quantity of eggs Im fairly disgusted. I rang the shop and spoke to a manager who is looking into it and ringing me back,

The eggs that were on sale were the other side of the shop...... away from the small and medium eggs were..... Of course I didnt walk around the shop as I was only buying eggs....

with so many promotoons and promotions changing daily, it wold be difficult for any staff to know every promotion that is on at all times, so not fair to "blame" someone especially as they were on display somewhere in the store.

Store displays also get changed a lot, particularly on seasonal lines.

ne point to note is Tesco now seem to have an aisle with all current offers in many of their stores - so a quck look there is the easiest route to the current offers.

If you had purchased them the promotion price would ahve been charged.

VincePP wrote: »
    with so many promotoons and promotions changing daily, it wold be difficult for any staff to know every promotion that is on at all times, so not fair to "blame" someone especially as they were on display somewhere in the store.

Store displays also get changed a lot, particularly on seasonal lines.

ne point to note is Tesco now seem to have an aisle with all current offers in many of their stores - so a quck look there is the easiest route to the current offers.

If you had purchased them the promotion price would ahve been charged.

Im sure it can be difficult but its not really good enough for someone in customer service to tell you I don't know..... really they should check??

In the wind up, they phoned me back from the shop apologizing and said I could have the eggs at discount price, Ive bought all I need but the call was very much appreciated. Im happy the situation was acknowledged.

Advertisement