Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monday Night Football - Leicester City v Newcastle United - SS1 - 8pm

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Better performance but we just don't score goals, simple. That has to change or we are still ****ed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Really hate negative soccer like that at the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Didn't deserve to lose that.

Oh well. Roll on the mackems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

I actually thought that was one of drinkwaters worst performances. Kante was easily motm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

1-0 to the arsenal foxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I love how a good few posters said Drinkwater was playing rubbish and he gets MOTM on Sky!

Kante was clear MOTM. Drinkwater was average enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I think Newcastle can take a lot of positives. That would have been a massacre under McClaren when they went 1-0 down. They deserved a point from that IMO and will only continue to improve the longer Benitez has with them. I know I've said it time and time again, but I just can't see them going down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Paully D wrote: »
    Drinkwater man of the match?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA.

What the actual ****?

Baffling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Love to see them go on and win the league, results like that could be huge towards the end of the season

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

That's the type of game champions win

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,114 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Headshot wrote: »
    Really hate negative soccer like that at the end

Smart football...you do realise the business end of the season. And they are top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Augme

I haven't watched a lot of their games but I thought Leicester were really really poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Johner wrote: »
    Kante was clear MOTM. Drinkwater was average enough.

Hes missing a certain flag beside his passport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭Ardent

Serious lack of quality in that Newcastle team. Benitez has his work cut out for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Got the result they needed so fair play to them. Hope they go on and win it although I can't see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

That's about as effective a last 5 minutes of holding up the ball as i've ever seen.

Huge win. 8 Games left. Gotta reckon 4 wins out of those would win it for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Drinkwater MOTM? Fúck right off with your English bias. I lost count of how many times he misplaced passes of more than 5 yards.

Kanté was easily the best player on the pitch. Drinkwater was merely a water carrier.

Huth was superb too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

That's the type of game champions win

they have eeked out a lot of one nils, very similar to Chelsea last season imo

Kante is unreal, £50m won't buy him,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Augme wrote: »
    I haven't watched a lot of their games but I thought Leicester were really really poor.

for a team spending a fraction of the top teams spend - Chelsea, United, City - think there doing alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Ardent wrote: »
    Serious lack of quality in that Newcastle team. Benitez has his work cut out for him.

They have a few players who i think have at the very least upper mid table ability. Wijnaldum i think wouldn't look out of place in any team in the league but there is just no identity to how they play. It's been pure scattergun the last few seasons.

Nice one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Augme wrote: »

Yeah, Newcastle were the better team tonight.

Leicester aren't the same when teams don't leave space behind. They're distinctly meh. But to be fair, they've somehow managed to eek wins out the last few games. You can't be too critical.

The differences tonight were Newcastle's lack of quality in the final 3rd, Okazaki's one moment of inspiration, and N'Golo Kanté.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Ah here, Vardy offside for the build up to their goal.

I'd kill for that type of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

listermint wrote: »
    Smart football...you do realise the business end of the season. And they are top.

I know its smart but its ****ing horrible to watch, so anti football for me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Got the result they needed so fair play to them. Hope they go on and win it although I can't see it.
    Who's going to stop them, Spurs? They've gotta be hot favourites now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I love how a good few posters said Drinkwater was playing rubbish and he gets MOTM on Sky!

Ah I wouldn't take much notice on that, Boards culture dictates that any player who is praised in the media must get an inordinate amount of abuse in order to show that "they don't take any notice of what Sky say". Pure contrarianism and doublethink at its finest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Ah I wouldn't take much notice on that, Boards culture dictates that any player who is praised in the media must get an inordinate amount of abuse in order to show that "they don't take any notice of what Sky say". Pure contrarianism and doublethink at its finest!

Yeah, but he was shíte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Headshot wrote: »
    I know its smart but its ****ing horrible to watch, so anti football for me

its not anti football - they for the most part have been a joy to watch - Mahrez has been the best player in the Premiership - at this stage of the season , squeaky bum time , its about closing shop when you go ahead - Leicester have been different class this season given there resources.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Drinkwater was shocking tonight. It was one of the worst Man of the Match awards Sky have ever given out which is some achievement.

He has been excellent all season but deserves to be called out on that performance tonight.

Advertisement