Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best breakfast sandwich on the northside?

Options
  • 14-03-2016 8:46pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Looking for recommendations for a top notch breakfast sandwich (or roll, bap, muffin, bagel, whatever) on the northside of the city.

A personal favourite is McMahon's in Glasnevin but looking to see what else is out there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

flogen wrote: »
    Looking for recommendations for a top notch breakfast sandwich (or roll, bap, muffin, bagel, whatever) on the northside of the city.

A personal favourite is McMahon's in Glasnevin but looking to see what else is out there.

If you want to go West a little bit then Hillview stores on the Ladyswell road is definitely the best breakfast roll ever.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I'm VERY partial to the breakfast ciabatta in cafe by day on Drumcondra road.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Hanley wrote: »
    I'm VERY partial to the breakfast ciabatta in cafe by day on Drumcondra road.

Don't think I've eaten there since it was a Munchies - which is a good while ago. Was always decent back then, though. Thanks.

January wrote: »
    If you want to go West a little bit then Hillview stores on the Ladyswell road is definitely the best breakfast roll ever.

Bit of a trek but sounds like it's worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Cowtown on Manor St. do a good bacon buttie. The breakfast pies in Love Supreme are tasty, but a bit pricier. Cure what ails you though.

Fresh in Smithfield do great breakfast rolls.

• Advertisement

OldBean wrote: »
    Cowtown on Manor St. do a good bacon buttie. The breakfast pies in Love Supreme are tasty, but a bit pricier. Cure what ails you though.

Fresh in Smithfield do great breakfast rolls.

Heard lots of positive things about Cowtown - it's definitely on the 'must visit' list.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

buenos dias bagel in seven wonders in the IFSC. so good!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Also, if you stretch your definition to "pancake" - the breakfast galette in Anderson's Creperie in Drumcondra is INSANE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Heard lots of positive things about Cowtown - it's definitely on the 'must visit' list.

The good thing about Cowtown is they do simple things right. Nothing fancy about the fry - just a good fry at a good price.

Small fry with toast and a cup of tea/coffee for five euro? With free refills on coffee?

Yes please.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

The sausage and rasher butty in Deli 147 on Parnell St. is superb.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Ciaran_B wrote: »

+1 to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Bit of a trek but sounds like it's worth it!

It has been discussed widely on the Dublin 15 forum.

Hanley wrote: »
    Also, if you stretch your definition to "pancake" - the breakfast galette in Anderson's Creperie in Drumcondra is INSANE.

I'm willing to consider pretty much anything flour-based! Am often in Andersons in Glasnevin - have yet to try the Creperie.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    The good thing about Cowtown is they do simple things right. Nothing fancy about the fry - just a good fry at a good price.

Small fry with toast and a cup of tea/coffee for five euro? With free refills on coffee?

Yes please.

So I hear - someone mentioned it to me when I was giving out about the demise of the greasy spoon (as much as I like the more modern fare, sometimes you just want a big-but-simple simple fry)

Ciaran_B wrote: »

Can't say I've heard of it but food looks really good. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

Deli 147 is quality but a little pricy.

Advertisement