Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda sirens

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

In fairness it can't be helped at times. Traffic is traffic at the end of the day.

In as far as possible it's up to the EV driver to try to predict the road ahead and make his way through - I remember seeing a Lifeline Discovery trying to push through traffic when there was an empty bus lane to his left :rolleyes:

Capri wrote: »
    In as far as possible it's up to the EV driver to try to predict the road ahead and make his way through - I remember seeing a Lifeline Discovery trying to push through traffic when there was an empty bus lane to his left :rolleyes:

AGS instructors tell the lads not to use the bus lanes. I'd imagine it's the same with their instructors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

AGS instructors tell the lads not to use the bus lanes. I'd imagine it's the same with their instructors.

Funny, I've seen them use the hard shoulder on the N7 outside naas once.

Mycroft H wrote: »
    Funny, I've seen them use the hard shoulder on the N7 outside naas once.

Just because an instructor said it doesn't mean people will do it all the time. Sometimes it may be the best way to go.

We should teach this to drivers here;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Originally Posted by foreign

Funny, I've seen them use the hard shoulder on the N7 outside naas once

I regularly see one particular member use the bus lane/hard shoulder c.5pm to 'get home ?? ' (same car/similar time/same distinctive driver/..:rolleyes: ) when I'm stuck out on the motorway in bumper to bumper, but for emergency use then surely they should be trained to read the road/situation ahead - certainly if there's a line of buses in the bus lane then it's not wise to use it but if it's empty and the other lanes are blocked then it's quicker than hoping the ordinary motorist will move out of your way (buses and taxis will be more professional,know what to do, and yield quicker than other motorists)

• Advertisement
Advertisement