Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Day 1

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Good run from Holywell there for anyone that followed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Shows how poor this race is when The New One is 4/1 to win.
    Took Sign of a Victory for small money 100/1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

Absolutely demolished them

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Juxtapose

Great to see Annie win so well after last years mishap.

Well up for the day now, so gonna quit while i'm ahead!
    Bitofapuzzle and Noble Endeavour would be nice to place, but more a bonus than anything :)

Hope you all faired well today.

Did an e/w on keppols queen in the mares @40/1

• Advertisement

Serious performance that, great to see.

Annie just broke the track record for 2m at Cheltenham so track is flying fast.Horses with heavy ground form will be found out big time over next few days.

Imagine if the sun was shining how quick i would be.

The ****ers will water now and ruin the ground for Thurs / Friday.

VVM should win but Bitofapuzzle will adore the ground.

1-2-3 for ireland

• Advertisement

Vroom vroom indeed. Totally outclassed the field, even coming from behind.

The Govaness fall didn't look too good, didn't recover well. Fingers crossed nothing too bad.

Bitofapuzzle was never in contention, ah well.

That was impressive.

Imagine Min winning..

There cannot be anyone losing after day one.The last race was a serious pay day now Southfield Royale backed few days ago .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Can anyone clear this up for me (so I don't repeat the mistake) when combining horse/football in an accumulator if I pick e/w on the horses do I need to include a stake? had a free fiver bet with Coral, did 4 races today (3 wins and a 2nd) and 4 matches tonight .......the betslip showed as win or e/w on the horses but has vanished off my open bets (I didn't include an e/w stake)

Juxtapose wrote: »

The Govaness fall didn't look too good, didn't recover well. Fingers crossed nothing too bad.

Just read the fall was a fatal injury for The Govaness :(

Thought Noble Endevour was unlucky, just coming to challenge when fell. Typical.

2nd !!!!!!!!!!!
    And didnt i mention Ballyalton too lol

Im a mug.

Slattsy wrote: »
    May aswell get a thread going...

I'm not going to talk too much about the Grade 1's as they dont really appeal to me, however i do expect most of Mullins' hotpots to win. I think AP is possibly the least likely winner, but NC could win!!

In the first handicap, 2.50, i cant get away from the top 2 in the market, Holywell and Out Same.
    Out Sam gets in lighlty after an impressive win last time. And its decent form too.
    Holywell is extremely well handicapped on his old form, his 9l fourth in the Gold Cup last year is the best single piece of form available and clearly laid out for this. If he runs to that form he wins. Its Chel record is very good too. On the balance of things, its Holywell for me.

In the next big one, 4.50 i've gone for Noble Endeavor and I really cant see this one out of the frame with Codd doing the steering. A very good second here last year behind the very good Kilultagh Vic. The yard have won 2/3 last runnings of this race so looks another laid out for this race by Elliott. Step up in trip to 4 miles will suit too as looks like he stays all day. Good chance.

In the last, Im ****ing disgusted Thomas Crapper didnt make the cut as i really really really fancied him, im just glad i didnt back him AP like a knob. So in a race that lacks any real strength in depth and doesnt seem to have many horses that look overly well handicapped, i like the fav Aloomomo and the Nicholls trained Bouvreuil. (though Ballyalton worth a look on his form from 2 years ago behind Faugheen)
    I cant really split them tbh so im going for the bigger priced and the one with some Cheltenham form - Bouvreuil.

Holywell - 2nd
    Noble Endeavor - fell when getting into contention at 2nd last. Would have placed.
    Bouvreuil - 2nd (beaten by the horse i mentioned above haha) but :(

Good runs all round and money back as a free bet with PP as 2 came 2nd

Follow me tomorrow xoxo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

4 wins, two placed (had them each way:D) one donkey backed!!

not bad for someone who hasnt a fockin clue what they're doing :D:D:D

Advertisement