Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wordpress login Error

Options
  • 14-03-2016 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I am seeing the error below when I try to log in to my bands website.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function wp_removable_query_args() in D:\Hosting\12034606\html\wp-admin\includes\misc.php on line 900

I have googled it and the Wordpress website FAQ has suggested that I de-activate all plugins as one of them appears to be causing the issue. One small issue is that I haven't got a clue what I am doing. I am not a web developer, i basically log in and add shows and pictures. Could somebody give me some guidance as to how to rectify this situation. I have downloaded phpMyAdmin and also the latest version of Wordpress, purely because the solutions listed have suggested that the problem can be fixed using one of these. See below.

https://codex.wordpress.org/FAQ_Troubleshooting#How_to_deactivate_all_plugins_when_not_able_to_access_the_administrative_menus.3F

I would appreciate it if somebody could give me an idea of what needs to be done, i'd rather be able to fix it myself in the future if needs be, rather than bothering somebody else.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

Is your website online or hosted locally?
    Normally you do not need to download WordPress only install or update
    phpmyadmin on the server and is for access to the database

Assuming it is a plugin problem.
    Can you log in to your website? if yes login and go to plugins page and deactivate the plugins.

If you cannot login to the website login to the server and change the name of the plugins folder this will deactivate all plugins.
    Change it to xplugins then create a new folder called plugins
    You will find the plugins folder /whereeverwordpressisinstalled/wp-content/plugins
    You should then be able to login to the website
    then reinstall the plugins.

If it is not a plugin problem
    As wp-admin\includes\misc.php is a WordPress file and that section deals with canonical links I would suggest you back up your website before you do anything, so that you have a copy (even if broken) in case anything else goes wrong.
    And reinstall WordPress.

If you get a puncture on your car you can probably change the wheel, you might even be able to repair the puncture.
    If the fuel injector pump fails do you learn how to fix injector pumps just in case it happens again or take it to a professional.

If you want to learn WordPress do it on a practise site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

+1

Rename the plugins folder using an FTP client. That should get you back into the site.

Did you add any plugins recently that might have caused the issue?

I'm happy to help if you need, it's likely a fairly quick fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭moby1

Thanks for your advice guys.

matt-dublin, I think it may have happened when trying to update WordPress. It wasn't allowing me to upload images before that so it may well be one of those plugins which is causing the problem. I'll try renaming the folder and see how i get on. Thanks for your advice.

Advertisement