Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time period to activate Eir phone line (broadband)

Options
  • 14-03-2016 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Hi

I have moved into a property where the last tenant had Sky broadband. The account was closed last week. The phone line consequently deactivated. I am trying to open a new broadband account with Sky and they have told me that in order to reactivate the phone line via Eir, it will take 6 weeks. I found this strange so I rang the other fibre providers in the area. Vodafone tell me it takes me 28 working days to get the line from Eir, Pure Telecom, the same. Can you explain why it takes so long to reactivate the line and why it takes up to 6 weeks to get broadband?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

fg1406 wrote: »
    Hi

I have moved into a property where the last tenant had Sky broadband. The account was closed last week. The phone line consequently deactivated. I am trying to open a new broadband account with Sky and they have told me that in order to reactivate the phone line via Eir, it will take 6 weeks. I found this strange so I rang the other fibre providers in the area. Vodafone tell me it takes me 28 working days to get the line from Eir, Pure Telecom, the same. Can you explain why it takes so long to reactivate the line and why it takes up to 6 weeks to get broadband?
    Hi fg1406, 

The standard leadtime is 10 working days for a new line installation and a further 10 working days for broadband with ourselves. 

I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to comment on other providers, I wouldn't be aware of this.

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bobbert56

We tried to switch to eir fibre, technician arrived for visit booked by eir ( presumably they would be aware that they're going to need an active port). Fixed things up in house then switched over in the exchange. We promptly lost all phone lines! After contacting eir we've been told at least 48hrs before it'll be resolved! Come on lads ....it's an electronic setting on a database it should be instantaneous. Good job they're not organising the Christmas party for Guinness staff! Pathetic organisation, now can't worked for days until it's resolved.

Posted by mobile for obvious reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Bobbert56 wrote: »
    We tried to switch to eir fibre, technician arrived for visit booked by eir ( presumably they would be aware that they're going to need an active port). Fixed things up in house then switched over in the exchange. We promptly lost all phone lines! After contacting eir we've been told at least 48hrs before it'll be resolved! Come on lads ....it's an electronic setting on a database it should be instantaneous. Good job they're not organising the Christmas party for Guinness staff! Pathetic organisation, now can't worked for days until it's resolved.

Posted by mobile for obvious reasons.
    Hi  Bobbert56,

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced with your eir fibre installation. Please feel free to PM me if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Advertisement