Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

(Not hypothetical anymore) Leicester win the league!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

NO BIG ANDY :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Big point if they can score here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Lifeline! Stick it away, Leicester!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Ref is against Leicester yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Why's that?

Stoke are a very good side and have only lost 2 times at home since November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,310 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Blatant dive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

The ref is no longer an enemy of football!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

That's making up for the Huth decision. Shouldn't have been one by itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

So where is everyone complaining about that soft penalty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Good stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Could be vital

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

That ref tho

2-2! big point given the circumstances!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Wasn't a pen but who cares.

I bet he'll miss.....

Delighted he doesnt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

2-2 fair result

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Get in there. Lovely penalty and a hard fought point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Hearts of lions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Stuff that champions are made of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

A draw is a grand result for Leicester. They'll easily beat Swansea next week even without Vardy which brings them another week closer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

It was a legitimate penalty, it would have been a foul if it was outside the box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

A draw, but victory for football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

SlickRic wrote: »
    So where is everyone complaining about that soft penalty?

Too busy masturbatibg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Paully D wrote: »
    A draw is a grand result for Leicester. They'll easily beat Swansea next week even without Vardy which brings them another week closer.

Yeah, Spurs need to win tomorrow night at Stoke, which won't be easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

A dive but probably a fair result. Savage going from West Ham again.

• Advertisement

Ref is against Leicester yeah?

Decisions do not even out over a season.

Leicester have been brilliant this year, but even in this game, where they got on the slightly wrong end of things (even though the ref got most calls right IMO), they still get a soft penalty to rescue them.

They've got some amazing luck in this run in.

Hazys wrote: »
    That ref tho

the guy is clown shoes....

He'll be refereeing a championship game next week.

John Moss proving that he deserves big games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭vetinari

Soft penalty, another "big man punished for being big" type penalty.
    Carroll didn't do a whole lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Well done for the most ridiculous post of the day.

West Ham going ahead was not potentially a huge blow to Leicester's hopes? Or you don't believe the Hammers dominated possession after the sending off

Some second half, very soft penalty at the end, but probably makes up for the Huth one. Huge point for Leicester given the circumstances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Ref wanted to be the star today
    No penalty for Huth?!! Dreadful refereeing - just decided to give the match one way
    Hearts of lions

Decided to stay quiet on that last decision I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Wasnt watching so have to thank you for the comments on the referee in this thread.
    Biggest reason for cashing out.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99424162&postcount=837

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

When West Ham went 2-1 up I though that was it, the wobble starts here.

But now the wobble is on hold for another week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

When West Ham went 2-1 up I though that was it, the wobble starts here.

But now the wobble is on hold for another week.

Losing points at home to a team who played in midweek is a bit of a wobble.

Any dropped points is a wobble for the 2 teams at the top right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Delighted for Leicester but that peno was soft as ****........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Decided to stay quiet on that last decision I guess.

Justice was served ultimately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

If Spurs win all their remaining games then Leicester will need to find 8 points from their games which is a tough ask:

vs Swansea (H)
    vs Man Utd (A)
    vs Everton (H)
    vs Chelsea (A)

I can see them finding 6 points. I don't think they'll get anything away to United and Chelsea. Spurs can take the title if they finish with a 100 per cent record. Problem for Spurs is they also have to go away to Chelsea which will be a tough game to win and I'm sure Chelsea would love to derail their hopes and help their old boss.

It's still alive for Spurs but if Stoke can nick something against them that should wrap it up. Hopefully Sparky's team can do Leicester a favour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Ony caught the end of the game but good point leicester .how long is vardy out ?

Just seen the dive.

The ref nailed it. Vardy finally got found out on that move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Good point for Leicester in the end, it'll feel more like a win than dropped points. I thought the ref got all the decisions correct apart from not awarding Leicester for the foul on Huth with minutes to go.

Spurs have a tough game tomorrow so who knows, Leicester may come out of the weekend being a point better off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,310 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Sky showing some good examples of Huth and Morgans wrestling antics throughout the match and the ref had warned them a number of times before giving the penalty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

If Spurs win all their remaining games then Leicester will need to find 8 points from their games which is a tough ask:

vs Swansea (H)
    vs Man Utd (A)
    vs Everton (H)
    vs Chelsea (A)

I can see them finding 6 points. I don't think they'll get anything away to United and Chelsea. Spurs can take the title if they finish with a 100 per cent record. Problem for Spurs is they also have to go away to Chelsea which will be a tough game to win and I'm sure Chelsea would love to derail their hopes and help their old boss.

It's still alive for Spurs but if Stoke can nick something against them that should wrap it up. Hopefully Sparky's team can do Leicester a favour.

There's absolutely no reason to suggest that they can't get anything from either of the away games. The two away games are against no world beaters. United are very poor at home in many games, and could have drew with Villa yday, should have lost to Watford etc. Leicester will have no fear going there at all. And Chelsea are on the beach at this stage too, they really couldn't care and can't wait for the season to be over.

Anyways, I don't see Spurs finishing with a 100% record, so 6 points will be enough for Leicester. Their two homes games aren't the toughest, I'd rate the Swansea game tougher now due to no Vardy, he destroyed them in the game at the Liberty earlier this year.

If they win next Sunday, the league is theirs. They'll find another win from the last 3 games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

monkey9 wrote: »
    Good point for Leicester in the end, it'll feel more like a win than dropped points. I thought the ref got all the decisions correct apart from not awarding Leicester for the foul on Huth with minutes to go.

Spurs have a tough game tomorrow so who knows, Leicester may come out of the weekend being a point better off.

I've a feeling Spurs will **** up tomorrow.They have a whole day and more to think of how massive the game is for them, they would have been far better off playing right now.

They've been given other opportunities to take advantage of Leicester slipping up and failed to capitalise before.I just don't think they have the balls to win the title.

AdamD wrote: »
    Except he wasn't, created the contact on both occasions by changing his running line away from the ball.

No, Gabriel stuck his leg out that day and got nowhere near ball. That was a definite penalty and not similar to today. Different incidents, different game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I'd love to see the assessor's report on the referee's performance. Penalties not given that should have been (1 against Huth, and 1 on him), and an extremely soft penalty awarded at the death. Plenty of talking points, that's for sure!
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Geoff Shreeves really is the lowest of the low interviewer. Always desperate to get a rise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

I've a feeling Spurs will **** up tomorrow.They have a whole day and more to think of how massive the game is for them, they would have been far better off playing right now.

They've been given other opportunities to take advantage of Leicester slipping up and failed to capitalise before.I just don't think they have the balls to win the title.

As ol whiskey nose used to say for his team-talk before spurs matches.. "Lads, it’s Tottenham"...

SantryRed wrote: »
    Geoff Shreeves really is the lowest of the low interviewer. Always desperate to get a rise.
    People want interesting interviews and even though he's a weasel he'll sink low to liven things up.

Ah i think Spurs have a bit more about them this season. Not to say they won't drop points tomorrow. But i do think this is a different Spurs under the Pochettino than the Spurs that have gone before.

In saying that, they may have left it a bit too late. We'll know a lot more tomorrow night.

• Advertisement

Current Table:

Team P W D L F A GD Pts
    Leicester 34 21 10 3 59 33 26 73
    Tottenham 33 18 11 4 60 25 35 65

Remaining Fixtures:
    Stoke v Tottenham Monday 18th April 2016

Leicester v Swansea Sunday 24th April 2016
    Tottenham v West Brom Monday 25th April 2016

Man Utd v Leicester Sunday 1st May 2016
    Chelsea v Tottenham Monday 2nd May 2016