Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

(Not hypothetical anymore) Leicester win the league!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Only two league games Leicester have failed to score this season!! Versus City, and, Bournemouth! That is pretty impressive and hardly the form of a backs to the wall team!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

sarcasm...? :D:D:D:D

Its not out of order, I can see why people may point to all the 1 - 0s to back up their point but Leicester control midfield and get forward a hell of a lot. Some of those games they won 1 - 0 could have been 2/3 goal victories!
    No I'm serious, Zagorakis was the only Greek player I would call creative on that team. Leicester's mindset has been nowhere near as defensive during the majority of this campaign.

Not comparing the style of football, just the attitude that you have to be inspired by a team succeeding against the odds. If you want a better example, ask Leeds fans from the 70's if they were inspired by Clough's Forest the same way you are by Leicester's run

Considering Leeds fans despised Clough both before he joined them and after he left them to join Forest I'm pretty sure there is no surprise in why they wouldn't be inspired by his success at Forest!!

No I'm serious, Zagorakis was the only Greek player I would call creative on that team. Leicester's mindset has been nowhere near as defensive during the majority of this campaign.

Oh, no I agree with you! Even Leicesters centre midfielders are creative and you rarely see them passing the ball nehind them, Kante is always looking for the forward pass when he has the opportunity. Drinkwater less so but he is not a sitting MF in any sense.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Why is everyone basing the upcoming 4 games on the last game by either side? Leicester kept a clean sheet and were leading WHU until the red card, and fair play to them for getting vs a CL chasing team with an extra man. Spurs may have blown nothing left to play for Stoke away but that's not to say they'll have a game like Leicester next week.

It's a really exciting finish and whoever wins, it'll be nice to see a different name on the trophy for once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,178 ✭✭✭✭josip

marno21 wrote: »
    It's a really exciting finish and whoever wins, it'll be nice to see a different name on the trophy for once.

Like when Chelsea and Man City won it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Only two league games Leicester have failed to score this season!! Versus City, and, Bournemouth! That is pretty impressive and hardly the form of a backs to the wall team!

And Liverpool.

It'd be crazy now if they lost it. I can see them dropping some more points - but not enough to let Spurs win it (as they'll also be dropping points at some stage)

Umaro wrote: »
    And Liverpool.

It'd be crazy now if they lost it. I can see them dropping some more points - but not enough to let Spurs win it (as they'll also be dropping points at some stage)

Oops sorry. It's extremely impressive though.

Yeah that Newcastle game, if it comes down to it, will be some match. Just like QPR City game. Relegation/Title playoff! Newcastle looked very good last two games and I wouldn't like to be going to St James' Park needing a win when a loss could mean Newcastle going down.

I'd actually take Leicester game at The Bridge ahead of that as Chelski won't have anything to play for and I'd say a few of the diehard Chelsea fans will even get behind Leicester considering the alternative winners!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

josip wrote: »
    Like when Chelsea and Man City won it?

Nah, Leicester will have won the league without the backing of limitless funds, same with Spurs to an extent , - regardless of who wins I expect Spurs to push on and become a serious long term contender to the big boys , Leicester not so much so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,178 ✭✭✭✭josip

I think whoever is the first to drop points over the next 3 games will finish second.

• Advertisement

thebaz wrote: »
    Nah, Leicester will have won the league without the backing of limitless funds, same with Spurs to an extent , - regardless of who wins I expect Spurs to push on and become a serious long term contender to the big boys , Leicester not so much so

As a United fan I'd love if we went in for Kane and even Delle Alli, of course! But, as a soccer fan, Id love to see that Spurs team stick together for another season.

There will, no doubt, be a few more Summer aquisitions. A striker that is a worthy replacement for Kane, if he needs a rest is badly needed. I'm amazed they have been so lucky to get away with shortage of another one or two out and out strikers. I like Son but not sure he could fill the void of Kane for a period. They showed how low they are in backup when they rested players against Dortmund. Its still a good bench but not at a level if they are in Champions League next season

Its amazing how lucky both Leicester and Spurs have been injury/suspension wise also. It made a huge difference in this race, not sure you can dispute that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Umaro wrote: »

Against whom? Their fixtures are below. I hope that Leicester win the league but I am starting to get worried now. Have nothing against Spurs. They are a great team to watch.

West Brom (H)
    Chelsea (A)
    Southampton (H)
    Newcastle (A)

Berserker wrote: »
    Against whom? Their fixtures are below. I hope that Leicester win the league but I am starting to get worried now. Have nothing against Spurs. They are a great team to watch.

West Brom (H)
    Chelsea (A)
    Southampton (H)
    Newcastle (A)

Well Chelsea is far from a gimmee! I wouldnt back against them winning but I wouldnt back them to win either. They should win on paper and form but such aspects can go out the window,

That St James' Park game is impossible to call. Newcastle are starting to look like they are picking up some fight in themselves and it will more than likely be a relegation playoff for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Big challenge this Sunday without Vardy. Wouldn't be entirely surprised to see Ranieri start Demarai Gray off Okazaki to keep that threat of pace in behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

West Brom (H)
    Chelsea (A)
    Southampton (H)
    Newcastle (A)
    They're tricky fixtures maximum of 10 points imo minimum of 6
    get 10 points and Leicester need more than 7 points which is looking more difficult with vardy gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

West Brom (H)
    Chelsea (A)
    Southampton (H)
    Newcastle (A)
    get 10 points and Leicester need more than 7 points which is looking more difficult with vardy gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

West Brom (H)
    Chelsea (A)
    Southampton (H)
    Newcastle (A)

12 points there is comfortably attainable.

Chelsea are already on the beach..... and Gus will be playing some younger squad members

A trickier game will be Newcastle, so long as they have not been relegated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

kevthegaff wrote: »

I see 12 points there if they keep their wits about them

Toon showing serious fight again today after being 2 down. If they keep up this form that final game versus Spurs is going to be some match if its a Championship winning/relegation avoiding scenario!!

Andros Townsend in fine form also and will be keen to prove Spurs wrong for not giving him too much opportunity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

kevthegaff wrote: »

If they get 10 points, Leicester only need 2 wins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

got a feeling they might drop points tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

1-0! the dream continues!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

who needs Vardy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

What's the deal with Albrighton bring left out ?
    Reward for Schlupp for the last day maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Can't really see it being a case of "if" any more now. It would take a serious implosion now for them not to win it, notwithstanding their (on paper) tricky last three games.. Also, Chelsea are none too keen on Spurs winning it. And they're playing Spurs next weekend, aren't they? Leicester could be two points from the holy grail by the end of the next set of fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Not enough assists in his last few games, according to Commentators

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Get in 2-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

They're not missing Vardy here anyway!

2-0!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Hopefully that's the Swansea hurdle overcome.

Nice 2-0! The games still not over yet though and plenty of sides have thrown away 2 goal leads before but great position for Leicester and hopefully they keep going and add a third.

Claudio:

On Jeffrey Schlupp’s inclusion: “I wanted to push a little more on the left, and give Albrighton some rest. Jeff is very fast, can cross and gives us width.” (I’m paraphrasing slightly)

I guess he presses more.........

Been justified now, been very bright!

what a bloody cross by Drinkwater! Christ him and Kante are the perfect partnership!!

What are the fans slapping on their hands?

Are they match programmes or are they purposefully made 'clackers'?

very close to 2-1 there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

My god, they're going to do it arent they.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Ashley Williams utterly sh1te for both goals :pac:

What are the fans slapping on their hands?

Are they match programmes or are they purposefully made 'clackers'?

purpose made.

used them all season.

10954272.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

All over Leicester have the league sewn up.

1 win and 2 draws from the last 3 will be piss easy.

The perfect half for Leicester really.

As the table stands at half time:
    Team P W D L F A GD Pts
    Leicester 35 22 10 3 61 33 28 76
    Tottenham 34 19 11 4 64 25 39 68

Maximum Points Total
    Leicester: 85 Points.
    Spurs: 80 Points.

Remaining Fixtures
    Remaining Fixtures:
    Leicester v Swansea 2-0 Currently
    Tottenham v West Brom Monday 25th April 2016

Man Utd v Leicester Sunday 1st May 2016
    Chelsea v Tottenham Monday 2nd May 2016

Leicester v Everton Saturday 7th May 2016
    Tottenham v Southampton Sunday 8th May 2016

Chelsea v Leicester Sunday 15th May 2016
    Newcastle v Tottenham Sunday 15th May 2016

Comment
    Assuming Leicester hold on to win here then they will be 8 points in front with 3 games to play while Spurs have 4 games remaining.

If Spurs were to win all 4 of their remaining games then Leicester would need 5 points from their last 3 games to secure the title.

1 Spurs draw though and Leicester would need just 3 points from their last 3 games to secure the title!

So securing the win today is vital and being 2-0 up at half time they're in a strong position. Another solid 45 minutes in the second half and the pressure will be back on Spurs in a big way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,307 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Thierry Henry squirming on Sky when asked to give a view on the 'helping hand' for the Mahrez goal :D

• Advertisement

I didn't notice at the time, but Mahrez did seem to handle that before he scored.

All over Leicester have the league sewn up.

1 win and 2 draws from the last 3 will be piss easy.

I also think they will but I still feel it MAY come down to last day as I have strong feeling Utd will beat them. Still not over. Spurs away to Chelsea could decide the league I think.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Yep definite handball :p

Fair play to Ulloa, 2 big goals he's gotten now with Vardy missing.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hopefully United will already have missed out on CL and will be saving their energy for the FA cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

I also think they will but I still feel it MAY come down to last day as I have strong feeling Utd will beat them. Still not over. Spurs away to Chelsea could decide the league I think.

I'm a complete cynic and think Chelsea will lie down and let them win and Everton have been sh1te for ages and have clearly given up so I suspect they'll win both those games.I'd agree about the Man Utd game.I can see Man Utd getting a draw and probably even winning that game.

• Looks like LC are not getting a dose of the Slippys

Fair play to them

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Hopefully United will already have missed out on CL and will be saving their energy for the FA cup.

eh, Leicester's next game is agains United and a win for Utd puts them within 5 points of Arsenal with a game in hand or maybe even within 2 points if Arsenal play as bad as they did today so United will be 100% focused on the game. And they always seem to pick up a result against a top team when its badly needed.

Thats why i'd fancy United at home to win. They will definitely be favourites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

I'd be confident of United beating them but Everton are just plain bad and Chelsea will lay back and let Leicester have their way with them

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Ahahaha how did that go in

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

3-0 should be that. Fantastic Leicester. Big pressure now on Spurs tomorrow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement