Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

(Not hypothetical anymore) Leicester win the league!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

It'll be close to Spurs and Man Utd fans against the rest of the World!

Yeah, Chelsea are going to be picking up slot of new fans as well.

:D

It'll be close to Spurs and Man Utd fans against the rest of the World!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Mint Sauce wrote: »

They should be fairly used to having short term fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Really hope today's the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Mushy wrote: »

You and the whole world except spurs fans!

Apparently should they win, the cup will only be presented after the home Everton game.
    Cups only get presented at away ground if winning team has no home games left.
    Tickets for that Everton game are probably astronomical anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Mushy wrote: »

Hehe, with a last minute Chris Smalling own goal to seal it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I am actually nervous/excited. I along with so many are emotionally invested in Leicester at this stage :pac:

There will be kids that will be grown up in 20 years time as Leicester fans. People will be asking "Why Leicester?" and they will get to tell them the greatest story ever told.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

I am actuakly nervous/excited. I along with so many are emotionally invested in Leicester at this stage :pac:

There will be kids that will be grown up in 20 years time as Leicester fans. People will be asking "Why Leicester?" and they will get to tell them the greatest story ever told.

Because they have family living there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Jayop wrote: »
    ...will it be the biggest upset in the history of sport?

They won't.

Come on you Spurs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Todayyyyyyyy this could beeeeee the greatestttttt dayyyyyyy of premiership history :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It's just an observation, but does anyone else think Leicester fans are very reserved considering the achievement they're going to pull off?

The clappers are pretty loud obviously but aside from that the atmosphere at their games hasn't been all that good, certainly not an atmosphere you'd expect from a club about to arguably pull off the greatest sporting achievement of all time, especially when you think about the atmosphere that fans of some clubs of a similar standing would be generating in their position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Paully D wrote: »
    It's just an observation, but does anyone else think Leicester fans are very reserved considering the achievement they're going to pull off?

The clappers are pretty loud obviously but aside from that the atmosphere at their games hasn't been all that good, certainly not an atmosphere you'd expect from a club about to arguably pull off the greatest sporting achievement of all time, especially when you think about the atmosphere that fans of some clubs of a similar standing would be generating in their position.

I think they are just nervous

This has been building for months and months, and even though Leicester coming second in the premiership would be a massive story back last August, if they don't win it now it will be a let down.

They will go wild once its secured.

Just added Leicester to my favourites on sofascore. Feeling quite giddy.

1 all

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Played better than Utd on first half imo. Problem at right back a couple times though which is a little worrying.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Inching closer

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,071 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Well that means that Spurs now must win their last 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

that really should be it - the dream - fantasy becoming a reality - Spurs must win all 3 games , and can't see them beating Chelsea tomorrow -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It has been 4 weeks in a row now that Leicester have played before Spurs. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Diego Costa is going to turn into full bastard mode tomorrow. Strolling around wrecking dreams and rubbing their noses in it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

They can nearly rename Monday Night Football to Monday Night Spurs at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Wrecked after that, haven't supported a team as much as I have leicester in yonks, their fans must be completely dazed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

in fairness when the fixtures were compiled no one would have had Spurs or Leicester as title contenders - just bad luck on Spurs , who in fairness have handled pressure well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Ranieri says he won't be watchig the Spurs match tomorrow as he will be on a flight back from Italy at 7, brilliant!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

No way Drinkwater deserved a red for me but a fair result. Leicester to win league tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Diego Costa is going to turn into full bastard mode tomorrow. Strolling around wrecking dreams and rubbing their noses in it.

Just a normal day at the office for him then....

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

thebaz wrote: »
    in fairness when the fixtures were compiled no one would have had Spurs or Leicester as title contenders - just bad luck on Spurs , who in fairness have handled pressure well

The times of the current rounds of matches were decided by Sky towards the end of February when both teams were definitely in contention. It's a bit unfair that they didn't even things up a little better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Zaph wrote: »
    The times of the current rounds of matches were decided by Sky towards the end of February when both teams were definitely in contention. It's a bit unfair that they didn't even things up a little better.

At the time Spurs were in Europa league so were always going to be given the graveyard shift

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

So they've answered every single question of them, no Vardy? Goals drying up? Going behind? Up against packed defences? Will they cope with the pressure?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,660 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ranieri says he won't be watchig the Spurs match tomorrow as he will be on a flight back from Italy at 7, brilliant!

https://twitter.com/sdouglas80/status/726800913474686979

What a guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Spurs will beat Chelsea then Chelsea will let Leicester win to seal it

Can see a draw against Everton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

So basically he cares about his mother.What an inspiration Ranieri is. I'd honestly never have expected that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

So basically he cares about his mother.What an inspiration Ranieri is. I'd honestly never have expected that.
    You seem to really love pi$$ing all over this thread don't ya? :pac:

In fairness he's only going to visit his elderly mother, it's hardly that great a thing to be doing.

It reminds me of Chris Rock's Nigga's v Blacks routine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

I think it's more of an attempt to always have the view that others don't have.

which is kind of ironic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

I remember reading before that Ranieri's mother's favourite player was Damien Duff and whenever he left him out she was on the phone complaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Nothing is dampening this coming moment. The haters standing against the tide just make it all sweeter.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

K-9 wrote: »
    So they've answered every single question of them, no Vardy? Goals drying up? Going behind? Up against packed defences? Will they cope with the pressure?

They haven't answered every question. The last question is can they clinch it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

dfx- wrote: »
    They haven't answered every question. The last question is can they clinch it...

It's job done I think, I don't think Spurs will win tomorrow. Draw at best.

• Advertisement

If Spurs play at their best they'll beat Chelsea.

They are a much better team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    If Spurs play at their best they'll beat Chelsea.

They are a much better team

They are missing Dele Alli on a ground they haven't won at in 26 years.

Johner wrote: »
    They are missing Dele Alli on a ground they haven't won at in 26 years.

True but it's also the best spurs team in over 26 years.

They have to win so it should be a decent game of ball hopefully

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Dier a doubt for Spurs as well.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

I would respect Ranieri more if say, they got about 8 elderly Italian women, to compete in a league formation, home and away, in cooking and cleaning and ironing, etc. Then at the end they could take the top 4, and they could compete in a 1st versus 4th, 2nd versus 3rd play-off (because this is how all things important are really decided) and the winner of the final should be the person that Ranieri actually visits. He's chosen the easy route here, if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

WTF!, I'm watching a game with Chelsea in it tomorrow... and I want them to win...:eek:

• Advertisement

jacool wrote: »
    I would respect Ranieri more if say, they got about 8 elderly Italian women, to compete in a league formation, home and away, in cooking and cleaning and ironing, etc. Then at the end they could take the top 4, and they could compete in a 1st versus 4th, 2nd versus 3rd play-off (because this is how all things important are really decided) and the winner of the final should be the person that Ranieri actually visits. He's chosen the easy route here, if you ask me.

Absolutely. That would be a good idea.

I honestly wouldn't find visiting your mother to be all that worthy of attention or praise but you'r idea of spreading the love around is much better.

In your playoff idea would they be 2 legged playoffs, one leg or maybe best of 3 series?

Possiblility of doping.
    Playoffs.
    Only winning it because others are poor.
    Ranieri visiting his mother.

Love it.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Possiblility of doping.
    Playoffs.
    Only winning it because others are poor.
    Ranieri visiting his mother.

Love it.

100% true whether people want to admit it or not.

Someone brought up Ranieri visiting his mother as evidence of what a great fella he is whereas myself (and I suspect 99% of the worlds population) wouldn't consider visiting you mother to be that big a deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

100% true whether people want to admit it or not.

Someone brought up Ranieri visiting his mother as evidence of what a great fella he is whereas myself (and I suspect 99% of the worlds population) wouldn't consider visiting you mother to be that big a deal.

I think you're missing the point - it's the very fact that at potentially the biggest moment of his career, on the cusp of achieving something completely unprecedented in the world of sport, instead of watching from behind a sofa, praying for a chelsea goal, he's popping off to Italy to visit his Mam. No fuchs given.

It shows a very nice grounded perspective on life, and is just too cool for school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,178 ✭✭✭✭josip

Spurs are still way shorter odds (between 10-1 and 20-1) to win the league than Leicester were at the start of the season.

• Advertisement
Advertisement