Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

(Not hypothetical anymore) Leicester win the league!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

13124878_10154180151679914_4446649354704383530_n.png?oh=926d9e459a51c44b538ea9e615a840de&oe=579BBA40

Chelsea FC - ruining title dreams since 2014.

Bitters!

Go on Leicester

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Comedy gold on Twitter and Facebook

Apparently James Milner doesn't want to go to Vardys party because he doesn't like WKD

love a bit of "@boringjamesmilner", me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

They may not have anything resembling the same level of success but i think they will do well to be honest. They have honesty in abundance and great team spirit.

The CL is going to hit them hard next year. Man City, Chelsea, Man United and Liverpool are going to be far stronger next season. They'll spend big this summer. You'll be fighting for 3rd or 4th, as usual. They had a once in a lifetime chance to win the league this season and they took it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

8 seasons ago Leicester were playing in League One. The magnitude of what they've achieved tonight simply cannot be understated. Now if they can do a Forest and win the Champions League next season it would be really something. :D

And if Leicester can do it, who knows, maybe Leeds can again some day. OK, I'm probably getting a little too carried away now...

• Advertisement

Those lads are gonna be **** faced for a month!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

All in on Everton this Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Kirby wrote: »
    Is Okazaki there?

:P

I just got that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,206 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Delighted for Leicester and delighted for Ranieri. Remarkable achievement.

Berserker wrote: »
    The CL is going to hit them hard next year. Man City, Chelsea, Man United and Liverpool are going to be far stronger next season. They'll spend big this summer. You'll be fighting for 3rd or 4th, as usual. They had a once in a lifetime chance to win the league this season and they took it.

Ah yeah but the increase in finances will help them a bit. I dont expect them to compete but at the same time I think they will be a tough team to beat, and could well fight for a Europa spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

The #VardyParty may go to dark places....

https://twitter.com/FUTWIZ/status/727251355409240072

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

JPA wrote: »
    All in on Everton this Saturday.

Have you watched Everton play on the road lately? Eleven drunks would beat them.

Seriously magnificent. The montages of this season are going to be brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

A completly unthinkable, unlikely and simply astounding achievement for Claudio and the lads.

I'm sitting here and I genuinely cannot wrap my head around it.

Its astonishing, simply astonishing and its unlikely we will ever see the like in the premier league again.

Fantastic stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

This is wonderful. Many, many people laughed their asses off (including myself) when they appointed Ranieri last summer but they way they've played and the togetherness in that team have been a joy to watch. Congrats Leicester, ye bloody well deserve it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

thebaz wrote: »
    what is the BPL ??

no other league gives such excitement & entertainment , course many here like to sneer at those that enjoy. anyway enjoy a great football story.

Nah.Pure rubbish.

The bloody thing is over with 2 games to go.It's going down to wire in Spain and Germany.

I hope Nigel Pearson gets the credit he deserves for putting this team together. The momentum he built up at the end of last season was a huge telling point in their team spirit.
    They wouldnt have won the league with him, I am sure about that. But I don't think they would have won it without what he done for that club.

The fans absolutely love him, as did the players. He deserves some serious appreciation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Wow.

"Hadn't seen this great stat: Man United have spent more on players in 2 years than Leicester in 132 year history"

https://twitter.com/iankatz1000/status/727248598426079232

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

vvfVAm8.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Zaph wrote: »
    8 seasons ago Leicester were playing in League One. The magnitude of what they've achieved tonight simply cannot be understated. Now if they can do a Forest and win the Champions League next season it would be really something. :D

And if Leicester can do it, who knows, maybe Leeds can again some day. OK, I'm probably getting a little too carried away now...

You mean Super Leeds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Still not forgiving Neil Best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Ill be sticking a few quid on Everton this weekend. Leicester wont care and id say they will be dying of a hangover

shrewdness wrote: »

Thats ridiculous coincidence!! Both first league medals for them also! Some achievment for Schmeichel Junior. Not easy coming out of his da's shadow.

The night won't be complete under a SSN reporter gets a dildo in his face!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Nah.Pure rubbish.

The bloody thing is over with 2 games to go.It's going down to wire in Spain and Germany.

Bayern Munich are 5 points and 11 goals ahead of Dortmund with 2 games left. Thats a mooring rope, not a wire.

EDIT. and Leverkusen in 3rd are 20 points adrift of Dortmund

Great result for Newcastle also in their relegation battle. Can't see them losing at home to a Spurs team completely distraught and may be a few bans also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Great result for Newcastle also in their relegation battle. Can't see them losing at home to a Spurs team completely distraught and may be a few bans also.

4-6 points incoming for them. They've done superbly the last few weeks with 2 wins against Swansea and Palace and 2 draws against Liverpool and City in their last 4 games. Villa to come next weekend and then Spurs minus Alli, Dembele and any motivation on the last day.

Safe as houses now, IMO. I'm glad I got on at 3/1 last week to ease some of the pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Bayern Munich are 5 points and 11 goals ahead of Dortmund with 2 games left. Thats a mooring rope, not a wire.

EDIT. and Leverkusen in 3rd are 20 points adrift of Dortmund

2 defeats can happen you'd never know.

There was a miraculous comeback today that should give Dortmund some hope.

• Advertisement

Neil lennon on talk sport: "we wont see this again, 5000/1 to win the league...what are the odds"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Wow!!!!

Congrats Leicester !!!

amazing stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

2 defeats can happen you'd never know.

There was a miraculous comeback today that should give Dortmund some hope.

and 3 could have happened. Theres 4 games less in the Bundesliga, the PL went to the wire as much as the Bundesliga.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Thats ridiculous coincidence!! Both first league medals for them also! Some achievment for Schmeichel Junior. Not easy coming out of his da's shadow.

Some coincidence alright! I'd say Peter is a proud da tonight. Can't have been easy for Kasper with the big shadow of his father looming over his whole career. Just the second father and son combo to win the Premiership(after Ian and Shaun Wright-Phillips).

original

Paully D wrote: »
    4-6 points incoming for them. They've done superbly the last few weeks with 2 wins against Swansea and Palace and 2 draws against Liverpool and City in their last 4 games. Villa to come next weekend and then Spurs minus Alli, Dembele and any motivation on the last day.

Safe as houses now, IMO. I'm glad I got on at 3/1 last week to ease some of the pain.

Not quite safe as houses, still think Sunderland can get 6 points out of their remaining three quite easily and they havethe far superior goal difference advantage.

and 3 could have happened. Theres 4 games less in the Bundesliga, the PL went to the wire as much as the Bundesliga.

I wouldn't bother having this "debate"!!

• Advertisement

shrewdness wrote: »
    Some coincidence alright! I'd say Peter is a proud da tonight. Can't have been easy for Kasper with the big shadow of his father looming over his whole career. Just the second father and son combo to win the Premiership(after Ian and Shaun Wright-Phillips).

original

First with a biological link.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

mansize wrote: »
    First with a biological link.

True.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Kasper has won a Premier League,Championship and League 2 just League 1 needed :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭Ardent

I think Danny Drinkwater will become Danny Drinkeverything tonight somehow :D

LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Leicester won't give any Fuchs about their remaining games now ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

A preseason of beer and Thai hookers is the key to success. Can see many teams following suit .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

They may not have anything resembling the same level of success but i think they will do well to be honest. They have honesty in abundance and great team spirit.

Doubt it, great that they've done it this year and all, but I remember 15 years ago Ipswich came up and came 5th, only losing out on CL last day of the season. They were then relegated the year after.

Freak of a season, the top teams will be better next year, and mid table of the PL is so competitive, if the luck doesn't go you're way you're slipping down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Leicester to win Champions League only 100-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

titan18 wrote: »
    Doubt it, great that they've done it this year and all, but I remember 15 years ago Ipswich came up and came 5th, only losing out on CL last day of the season. They were then relegated the year after.

Freak of a season, the top teams will be better next year, and mid table of the PL is so competitive, if the luck doesn't go you're way you're slipping down.

Depends on how much Ranieri is given to spend and how the Champions League impacts on them.

Leicester won't give any Fuchs about their remaining games now ;)

Did you know Fuchs is the german word for fox!!

On another note, Fuchs has a clothing brand and merchandising gear out called #nofuchsgiven.

I have a feeling the "fuchs" and "drinkwater" jokes will take their toll on me over the next fortnight!

Ardent wrote: »
    Eden Hazard will never have to buy a drink in Leicester!

Cracking goal:
    https://streamable.com/e7e0

ha, probably because he will be living in Paris or Madrid next season if the mercenaries have their way!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

mansize wrote: »
    Neil lennon on talk sport: "we wont see this again, 5000/1 to win the league...what are the odds"...

ha in fairness, he has a point! The odds of a future 5000/1 winner of the league are actually a lot lower than 5000/1! Think about it!! ;)

It is a good quote though!

ha in fairness, he has a point! The odds of a future 5000/1 winner of the league are actually a lot lower than 5000/1! Think about it!! ;)

It is a good quote though!

Not really, the odds will be 5000/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Congratulations, it is so well deserved. We will never see the like again. Weird in so many ways.

• Advertisement
Advertisement