Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

(Not hypothetical anymore) Leicester win the league!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Mushy wrote: »
    Ah he can be Pearson

Ha, I can totally imagine him delivering the Ostrich line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

What is wrong with a lot of football teams is that they have a stinkingly bad attitute of playing well against big teams and not turning up for the non glamour games. Ireland were horrendous for it. We always seen it as a good trait but their attitute stunk.

Leicester played the second half of last season on a win or die basis. It didnt matter if it was Saturday 3pm versus West Brom or Super Sunday versus one of the big teams, they played like their lives depended on it, like it was the biggest game of their lives. They continued that on this season and played with the right attitute. They had an attitute of 3 points versus Aston Villa in October is the same as 3 points versus Swansea in April.

There are plenty of teams that have littered football over the few decades that only bother turning up when the TV Cameras are about and a high profile team are in town. These teams had the ability to do so much more with the their careers but essentially didnt want it enough. Leicester wanted it from week 1. They put the same effort into every game.

I thought the last World Cup would change peoples attitute towards the old fashioned traits of intensity and hard work. Teams like the U.S.A, Algeria and Costa Rica showed what giving everything really looked like. Teams like Italy, England and Spain could not look themselves in the mirror and say to themselves "We gave it everything", because USA, Algeria and Costa Rica had shown them up as lazy and lax.

Leicester have completly shown up a lot of clubs and teams as lazy.

Love this post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,178 ✭✭✭✭josip

kevthegaff wrote: »

TLDR - Leicester's vice chairman explains how he was responsible for winning the Premiership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

josip wrote: »
    TLDR - Leicester's vice chairman explains how he was responsible for winning the Premiership.

that story is "half" b'****. Its been verified as thus. He had his demons but the spin and exaggeration on this article is just silly!
    Another element to add to the movie I guess!!

Nice forum to view the achievment reaction from the REAL fan's point of view! Been following it the last two months!

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/forum/1-leicester-city-forum/

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

Would Pearson have won the title if he had been left in charge? I have been debating this in my head since monday night and think he probably could have

Would Pearson have won the title if he had been left in charge? I have been debating this in my head since monday night and think he probably could have

definitely not, the tactical plan that Ranieri imposed on the team (and got so much out of the collective unity) would never have been considered by Pearson but Leicester would NEVER have won a title without him building that team. I rfeally hope he gets the appreciation he deserves.

Fans and players love him still which is great. Think he is taking over at Villa which is a great move from the Villa board. He will kick most of those lazy mercenaries into touch and build a proper old school team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

one player that seams to get little attention is Robert Huth , when he signed leicester were leaking goals , his arrival steadied the ship - so much so I'd say for 3 million one of the best signings in the Premiership since Cantona , (Mahrez at 400k not bad either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

thebaz wrote: »
    one player that seams to get little attention is Robert Huth , when he signed leicester were leaking goals , his arrival steadied the ship - so much so I'd say for 3 million one of the best signings in the Premiership since Cantona , (Mahrez at 400k not bad either

I'd say Mahrez or Kante has been their most important player (as to which depends on what time of day you ask me), followed closely by Vardy. After that though, the Schmeichel/Morgan/Huth trio at the back has been phenomenal and really do deserve credit - they've been playing on a level similar to Rio/Vidic/Van der Sar or Terry/Carvalho/Cech, both of which have to be among the best CB/CB/GK trios the country has ever seen.

• Advertisement

Billy86 wrote: »
    I'd say Mahrez or Kante has been their most important player (as to which depends on what time of day you ask me), followed closely by Vardy. After that though, the Schmeichel/Morgan/Huth trio at the back has been phenomenal and really do deserve credit - they've been playing on a level similar to Rio/Vidic/Van der Sar or Terry/Carvalho/Cech, both of which have to be among the best CB/CB/GK trios the country has ever seen.

I genuinely think the axis of the Morgan/Huth, Kante (even Drinkwater) and Vardy are the most important players in their tactics. Mahrez was the most talented offensive forward but without Vardy, (or a similarly extremely speedy and alert forward) the manner in which they play (enclosed and grouped up in the central areas of the pitch waiting for the opportunity to break or let Vardy away) would not have worked as well.

Mahrez had off days but if Kante had an off day (or Morgan or Huth), things could go very awry. Earlier in the season they were conceding lots of goals but because of Vardy (and of course Mahrez) they were able to outscore the team. But the goals dried up later in the season somewhat when they tightened up and Mahrez's influence diminished a lot.

Against Norwich in February and the next game against West Brom in March (the one games Kante went off injured and missed respectively) the importance of the axis was disrupted and they switched to a different more possession based tactics and it just about got them through with 4 points (including a last minute goal against Norwhich)

If kante had missed games against bigger teams who knows what may have happened.
    There is no doubt Mahrez was the most influential offensive player but I cant help but think players like like Kante, Vardy and the CB partnership were more important and gave Mahrez the platform to produce.

If I was given a choice......You have to lose Kante or Mahrez for this particular team I'd keep Kante. (not that you would want to lose either!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Check this out: http://cmoe.dk/leaguereplay/

It's basically a whole run through (including video of goals) of the season as time goes on!
    I thinks it's unreal - would be class to have something like this for previous and future seasons!

It's basically a whole run through (including video of goals) of the season as time goes on!
    I thinks it's unreal - would be class to have something like this for previous and future seasons!

Ha, Villa were top of the league at one stage!!!! Completely forgot they won their first game and they got great reviews after it!

It needs a fast forward or skip button!

Billy86 wrote: »
    they've been playing on a level similar to Rio/Vidic/Van der Sar or Terry/Carvalho/Cech, both of which have to be among the best CB/CB/GK trios the country has ever seen.

Not sure I'd agree with best ever, the two you compare them with did it over a few years, at European level etc.

Other teams have conceded less goals this season. Not that that's the be all and end all of their roles...but it's central to it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Not sure I'd agree with best ever, the two you compare them with did it over a few years, at European level etc.

Other teams have conceded less goals this season. Not that that's the be all and end all of their roles...but it's central to it...
    Oh yeah, I nearly threw in that disclaimer -- I was only referring to their league performance this season alone. They wouldn't compare at all with either of the other two trios in terms of their overall careers, time together as a group, etc. But this season, as a standalone and in isolation they have been at that level which is pretty incredible for a mid/lower table top flight journeyman and two guys who barely had a handful of top flight games between them in each of their decade long senior careers.

Schmeichel at 29 for a GK could have up to a decade left, but Huth turns 32 in August and Morgan 33 come January so both are likely to begin winding down over the next 2-3 years or so and it's got to be great for them knowing they've achieved something so incredible while there was still time.

Some atmosphere!!

Andrea Bocelli!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

This is downright strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Smash 'em up leicester!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Italia 90 all over again...

Love Bocelli though!

• Advertisement

This is downright strange.

This whole season is bonkers!!! Embrace the madness!!!!

You will never see this sh£t again!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Amazing atmosphere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Must be something else to be there....what an atmosphere....they deserve it players and fans alike...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,950 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

What's gas about this really is there's still a game of football to be played.. can't see either side taking it too seriously

Great atmosphere though and well deserved champions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Something oddly amazing about that :o

Everton are going to get murdered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

He's singing again :D

This is hilarious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

He's doing another!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

This is special! Amazing!

Is he singing "Time to win again".

Andrea bringing them Lols

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Time to win again hahaha

• Advertisement

time to WIN again!!!

ha, the cheese!!!! downright cheddar!!

f'in amazing atmosphere though!!

tears-of-joy.gif

Bocelli just won Twitter!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Literally Amazing

It's the ****ing Catalina wine mixer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Bocelli is definitely on PEDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Missed the start, but did Bocelli not sing 'Volare'?
    Surely the most obvious choice to get the crowd going.... :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

That was pretty special.

Leicester City should just retire today!!!

Cant get much better than this!!!!.........................................

or can it...............................

UCL-Trophy.jpg

Missed the start, but did Bocelli not sing 'Volare'?
    Surely the most obvious choice to get the crowd going.... :confused:
    nessum Dorma/ Time to """win"" again!!

• Advertisement

Nice by Vardy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Cracking goal by Leicester. Atmosphere is unreal as expected.

Very fitting I think that the guy who won League One, Championship and Premier League medals with them scores today.

Well done Andy King.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

They really are showing why they have been by far the best team in the league this season. Brilliant stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

As cracking as Leicester are, Everton are pure muck aren't they.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Everton, who have a good away record, are playing as badly as they do at Goodison when they're under pressure from their own fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Vicxas wrote: »
    As cracking as Leicester are, Everton are pure muck aren't they.

They're being outclassed by a team who have been on the booze all week, sums it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

5live commentator Pat Murphy damning John Stones. "useless Everton"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

wtf that's unreal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

3-0..... a canter against a fairly disinterested Everton.

And it's stopped raining.
    Nothing is going to spoil the party.

Advertisement