Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will The Smiths ever get back together?

Options
  • 15-03-2016 12:55am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 277 ✭✭

I've just recently discovered them. My question for people in the know is, will they get back together again. I think Morrisey is an eejit but the guy is a musical genious

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

One of my favourite bands. Seen them twice live in their prime during the 80's. Doubt they could ever get back together as Morrissey only paid Rourke and Joyce 10% each of the Royalties and when they found out, many long drawn out court cases ensued. Morrissey is on record as saying that he would rather eat his own testicles than get the band back together.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,334 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I've just recently discovered them. My question for people in the know is, will they get back together again. I think Morrisey is an eejit but the guy is a musical genious

Lucky you. No.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

They have a definite place in the greatest bands ever,should they reform no.I think they are too old,the music was of the time and would lack context in 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

No. /thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

God I hope not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,747 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Not after the disappointment of their album 'Drawn To The Deep End'.

Niche Britpop jokes brought to you courtesy of Welsh Megaman :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

I'm a huge Smiths fan, but I absolutely hope that they never get back together. Too many bands play the reformation card and cash in on their legacy e.g. The Stone Roses and the Pixies. The music of The Smiths deserves to be preserved and not tarnished.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

Flaccus wrote: »
    One of my favourite bands. Seen them twice live in their prime during the 80's. Doubt they could ever get back together as Morrissey only paid Rourke and Joyce 10% each of the Royalties and when they found out, many long drawn out court cases ensued. Morrissey is on record as saying that he would rather eat his own testicles than get the band back together.

And given Morriseys views on eating meat that's saying something.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'm a huge Smiths fan, but I absolutely hope that they never get back together. Too many bands play the reformation card and cash in on their legacy e.g. The Stone Roses and the Pixies. The music of The Smiths deserves to be preserved and not tarnished.

Personally I don't think the music of the Stone Roses or the Pixies is tarnished. Also "Play the reformation card". Maybe they actually like making and playing music? Kind of what made them great in the first place.

I don't think we'll ever see them reform but I wouldn't be in any way critical of them if they did. Unlike a lot of people on here I'd love to see it happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,334 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

The Pixies post reformation stuff is rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭trashcan

In a word, no. And it's probably for the best.

Advertisement