Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New account setup

Options
  • 15-03-2016 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

I'm sending you account numbers, could you look it up what stage is my process at? I was suppose change my payg meter to bill pay yesterday but waiting 35 mins on it just not acceptable! Sending a pm. Thank you!

Pm'ed to David.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi padyjoe,

Sorry to read of your unhappiness with your customer experience.

Was it that you were on hold on the phone yesterday?

Your private message will be responded to ASAP.

Thanks,
    Una

________

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Yes, at least I was one. Waiting for the code to type into the meter. I couldn't wait longer, had something else to do. I don't know who had the meters before me, they had problems with paying bills. Hopefully we can get this sorted. It's not a nice feeling moving into apartment then facing the gas meter card, no heating, no cooking only after top up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi padyjoe,

Thanks for your message.

Could you confirm that the Pay As You Go meter is gas rather than electricity? If so then a code is not sufficient to change the meter from a Pay As You Go meter to bill pay, instead the meter must first be removed.

In order to replace a gas Pay As You Go meter with a bill pay meter there is a charge to have the meter removed and replaced by Gas Networks Ireland.

We have responded to your message privately also.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

Hi Brige,
    thanks for the reply! I'm sorry, my mistake, called you with electric account but talking about payg gas. (I don't know why your agent didn't see that electricity is bill pay already?) I'm staying on payg gas then I'm not in position to pay the charge to change to bill pay(Catch 22: I'll be losing money on payg due to someone else negligence and I'd lose money if it was changed over. I know I'm the foolish one should have it checked before I moved in! Lesson learned: never ever take anything for granted!) Thanks!

Edit:
    2 more questions: what would be a tariff on this meter? (I didn't know the apartment has this type of meter fitted at all)
    There was already money owed on this meter, how would I know this meter was used to pay debt off? How is going pay the money owed on it back to me? Even if it was a standing charge I shouldn't be responsible for it while the meter not in my name. Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi padyjoe,

You're very welcome.

Should you have any other queries regarding your account, or your Pay As You Go meter please don't hesitate to contact us, we are happy to help.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

• Advertisement

I wonder is it possible to get a statement on the payg gas meter? Because I've moved into a new place and paid €14 for someone else's debt. First to up by €20, only €8 left for gas, second top up by €20, only 17.82 quid for gas. It's a pain in the neck! Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi padyjoe,

Thank you for getting in touch.

There are two reasons why money may be owing on the gas meter. If the meter was not being used for a period of time, standing charges may have accrued. These are deducted at 60% of your top ups until cleared. Do you know if the property was vacant before you moved in? How long were you in the property for before you topped up your meter? If there is debt for gas used by the previous customer, this will always be wiped but there may be an overlap between when you topped up and when it was wiped. Any debt for gas used is deducted at 25% of every top up until cleared.

Your meter can give you information such as how much standing charges are owed, if there is any debt for gas used and how much your last top up was for. You need to scroll through the different screens on your meter. You can find a handy guide for using the Pay As You Go gas meter screens here.

We can take a look at the account if you send us a private message with the following details:
    • your full name as it appears on the account
    • your account number
    • the first line of your address
    • your contact number or date of birth
    • confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)
    We will then be able to look into your query.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

Pm sent Aoife, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi padyjoe,

Thank you for getting back to us.

We will respond as soon as we can.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________