Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any idea where this is?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

That's a great video!

Bit of a guess on the location, but would it be somewhere like Lug?

Probably best way to be sure is to post on YouTube directly and ask the film makers.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Gasherbraun

Thanks

I should have thought of that :-)

Let us know though! I'm curious myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,634 ✭✭✭Enduro

Looks like Lough Dan to my eyes

Edit... Scratch that. Was looking at 1:13

1:13 is the Glenmacnass waterfall; one of my favourite spots in Wicklow.

• Advertisement

cdeb wrote: »
    1:13 is the Glenmacnass waterfall; one of my favourite spots in Wicklow.

Jeeze, I must have been having a total brain-fart last night. You're correct of course. It was the prior scene I was trying to reference (with total innacuracy).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I had an initial idea it might be Carrigshouk viewed from the south but it's not quite the right shape. The tree (rowan?) in the foreground is the clue I think, there's not that many around like that on open ground in that general area, so if you can identify the tree you'll have it.

Alun wrote: »
    I had an initial idea it might be Carrigshouk viewed from the south but it's not quite the right shape. The tree (rowan?) in the foreground is the clue I think, there's not that many around like that on open ground in that general area, so if you can identify the tree you'll have it.

Yeah, I was thinking along those lines too. Was trying to work out what the hill in the background on the right is. It's a useful clue as well, as it appears relatively large, and would appear to have a steeper cut in the middle (so possibly Tonlagee with the cut being logh Ouler)

The tree is what caught my eye Alun. It looks like an interesting scene and while I have photographed a lot of solitary trees in Wicklow over the years I do not know this one and it is bugging me. Having said that the ridge line with glimpse of higher ground behind is vaguely familiar.

Will post back if I get any further with it

It is apparently on the bit of land between Lough Bray upper and lower. The ridge is the Eagles Crag...perspective may be a flattened by the lens I suspect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I've been there many times, and I'm struggling to see how that can be it to be honest. Is that info from the author of himself?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

In the comment there is a description of the video
    Locations are Glendalough, A River beside Lough Dan, Lough Dan, Glenmacnass Waterfall, Tree near Lough Bray, Bray, Powerscourt House, Glendalough again, St Patricks Church, Kilbride Cemetry, Powerscourt Waterfall, Baltinglass Abbey, Lough Tay, Brittas Bay, Sugarloaf.

...Near Lough Bray off the old military road.

Stunning locations

I've been there many times, and I'm struggling to see how that can be it to be honest. Is that info from the author of himself?

I took a trip up on Thursday to take a look but had limited time and could not park anywhere near Lough Bray. May take a look during next week.

If I can find the tree I will get a photograph and post it here for comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭axe2grind

axe2grind wrote: »

Certainly looks like it.

I should get up there Thursday. Away photographing another well known tree in the Mournes tomorrow (as well as climbing Slievelamagan and Binnian) :-))

Advertisement