Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know what this monstrosity is supposed to be?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

So ... following the uproar about the advertising hoarding on Mallow Street, the Council had it taken down. But since they had already 'agreed in principle' that it's ok for old phone boxes to be turned into advertising hoardings, they had to try and make it work.

This is the result ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

zulutango wrote: »
    So ... following the uproar about the advertising hoarding on Mallow Street, the Council had it taken down. But since they had already 'agreed in principle' that it's ok for old phone boxes to be turned into advertising hoardings, they had to try and make it work.

This is the result ...

What a joke. There is no way that they can put a structure like that so close to the road. Surely it will be a real distraction for drivers and safety risk for pedestrians and cyclists, so close to a major junction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

If they had brains they'd be dangerous.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Are the just twisting it a bit?

83921b30-8fc4-11e4-9ea9-f743008a4c63_Pivot.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I, for one, welcome our new monolith.

Skip to 1.12, tried and failed to make it do this automatically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

panda100 wrote: »
    What a joke. There is no way that they can put a structure like that so close to the road. Surely it will be a real distraction for drivers and safety risk for pedestrians and cyclists, so close to a major junction.

I totally agree, and in fact I contacted the RSA regarding moving signs by the parkway which I find a complete distraction to me driving as they are flashing different things there attitude not in our remit contact the council... nothing like this should be allowed at the side of a road...in a public walkway where there is no moving vehicles and plenty of space maybe...

Advertisement