Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of installing electrical sockets

Options
  • 15-03-2016 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭

I hope I'm not breaking any rules by asking this. What should I expect to pay an electrician to install a couple of extra electrical sockets in a room? We have one socket in a room but not in a convenient position and we have extension lead to it instead. Now I am decorating and thinking its a good time to get the job done properly but I haven't a clue about these things, and neither has my hubby.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,097 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Best to get 3 recommended electricians & get prices from them. Lots of things will effect the price. Concrete wall & floor pushes the price up for example. It's much more important to get someone that is good at their job rather than the cheapest price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Thank you. I have no clue as to how I decide who is 'good at their job'. How would anyone know until after the job is done. I have got people in to do work before and it is always a lottery really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

50-80 euro per point guideline figure depending on a number of factors as previously pointed out.most rec should quote over the phone (provisionally)and give exact cost before work commences

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

meercat wrote: »
    50-80 euro per point guideline figure depending on a number of factors as previously pointed out.most rec should quote over the phone (provisionally)and give exact cost before work commences

I'd agree with this given that back in 1999 I was quoted 40 pounds for the same work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Grand, that gives me an idea for starters. I take your points about other conditions to be factored in. Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,097 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

One of the moderators here gave out a website of registered electrical contractors. I forget what it is called but maybe someone can post a link here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    One of the moderators here gave out a website of registered electrical contractors. I forget what it is called but maybe someone can post a link here

http://www.reci.ie/ConsumerServices/FindanElectrician.aspx

Advertisement