Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saving account for children

Options
  • 15-03-2016 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Hi ,

Currently a customer and looking to set up savings accounts for my daughters wih a view toward saving for their future education , etc.

Could you advise what type of account and what's needed to open them? the amounts would be monthly and small like €20

Also just to check would I be able to do online transfers (not withdrawls) to them? and would I be able to view balance online for them?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

txt_mess wrote: »
    Hi ,

Currently a customer and looking to set up savings accounts for my daughters wih a view toward saving for their future education , etc.

Could you advise what type of account and what's needed to open them? the amounts would be monthly and small like €20

Also just to check would I be able to do online transfers (not withdrawls) to them? and would I be able to view balance online for them?

Thanks.
    Hi txt_mess,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

We have two types of deposit accounts aimed at saving for your child. You can open a Childsave account  (if your daughters are up to seven years of age) through your account holding branch, please find more information on this type of account here. With this account you can pay by direct debit and also lodge funds to it through your branch. You can view this type of account on 365 Online however it is not possible to transfer to it on 365 Online.

Our Youngsavers account is aimed at children aged 7-12 years of age, and you can pay into the account by standing order set up from your own Bank of Ireland account or by lodging funds to the account. You can open this type of account through your branch, or while you are logged into 365 Online under the "Apply Online" option. Please note it is not possible to view this account on your 365 Online, and more info on this type of account here.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement