If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need speakers for running fitness classes - haven't a clue where to start!

Options
  • 15-03-2016 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭

Hi there,

Looking for some help regarding speakers.

I want something that is lightweight-ish and portable that I can stick my iPhone into to play tracks.

Have a budget of around €100 or less if at all possible. Class sizes are no more than 30 in community halls and sports halls.

Need good clear sound but nothing too hi-tech or complicated and I'd prefer something that would just play directly from the iPhone and not need a USB stick or anything.

Not great technology wise so as simple as possible to use would be great.

All suggestions much appreciated.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Hi there,

Looking for some help regarding speakers.

I want something that is lightweight-ish and portable that I can stick my iPhone into to play tracks.

Have a budget of around €100 or less if at all possible. Class sizes are no more than 30 in community halls and sports halls.

Need good clear sound but nothing too hi-tech or complicated and I'd prefer something that would just play directly from the iPhone and not need a USB stick or anything.

Not great technology wise so as simple as possible to use would be great.

All suggestions much appreciated.
    Hi tomhenryford

If you are wanting something basic to connect a phone/tablet to, and easy to carry, you are looking at bluetooth speakers. Any other option would require a separate amplifier.

The problem would be to get something capable of filling a good size room for a fitness class. There are a number of bluetooth speakers available around €100-€150, but they would be small personal speakers and not up to the job for what you need.

Realistically, to get something portable, with bluetooth, that would fill a room like that, you would need something like the Denon Heos 5 - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12833-heos-5-black.aspx#tabSpecifications-tab but you'd be up around €348 for that

have a look at this first and let me know what you think

regards
    Brian

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.