Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Speed-Guy Martin V David Coulthard

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Wall Of Death is on Channel 4 now LIVE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Wall Of Death is on Channel 4 now LIVE.

He's really scraping the barrel now..literally..

One of the least interesting things involving a bike imo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

Some challenge. Th e G- Force (6+) must be hard to deal with. And on an old tech BSA Rocket 3!! Amazing feat in my opinion.

He's really scraping the barrel now..literally..

One of the least interesting things involving a bike imo...

Bike was nice though...

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Only saw his second attempt.

Why was David Coulthard there?
    Moral support?

• Advertisement

Pugzilla wrote: »

Moral support?

He's his bezzy mate now:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,685 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I enjoyed the programme. The bike vs an f1 car is not really like for like but it was good to watch. I used to be a big f1 fan but when Jordan left I lost interest. I'm going to try and rekindle my interest in f1 this season.

Same here I followed it from the Senna days through to Schmacher but then it all seemed to get a bit boring and I dropped out of it then. Watched the Aussie F1 GP season opener a couple of weeks ago and they have this new (to me anyway!) thing of DRZ zones where a car chasing is allowed to flip a device to make their rear spoiler pop up. I think the idea is to allow a chasing car an advantage so he can out-brake the car in front and take them on a corner. It all seemed a bit bizarre to me giving one racer an advantage over the other. It must be that the differences between cars now is so tight that they had to do something to bring more over taking back into the sport.

Watched Guy Martins Wall of Death last night, good show. Poor Guy wanted to do a third attempt so he could get the extra few miles per hour out of it but live TV constraints meant the producer called it off. Guy seemed like he would have rode that wall all night if they would only let him!

Just read an article on him last night too- I never knew that he has slight Aspergers but it makes sense now. Seems he refused a job on Top Gear because it wouldn't have left him enough time to be a lorry mechanic.

Anyone know is his girlfriend Sharon McConville Irish? She seemed to have a bit of an Irish accent last night but then at other times spoke with Guys Grimsby accent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

Yes, Sharon Comiskey is Irish.

78mph on the wall in 4 seconds and pulling a G of 6.7.

Guy Martin has some balls indeed,and he wanted to go again,but C4 would allow it,due to it being a live show.
    The sound of that BSA engine aswell.:D

Pugzilla wrote: »

Moral support?

To compliment him on his tight leather race suit and his big gentleman vegetables.;)

If you dont believe me,then watch the end of the show again,where Coulthard catches the presenter off guard and says it to Guy Martin.
    TV presenter didnt know what to say.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Watched the Aussie F1 GP season opener a couple of weeks ago and they have this new (to me anyway!) thing of DRZ zones where a car chasing is allowed to flip a device to make their rear spoiler pop up. I think the idea is to allow a chasing car an advantage so he can out-brake the car in front and take them on a corner. It all seemed a bit bizarre to me giving one racer an advantage over the other. It must be that the differences between cars now is so tight that they had to do something to bring more over taking back into the sport.

Pretty much. DRS stands for Dynamic Rear Spoiler. Basically they open a flap on the spoiler that reduces drag which gives the chasing car up to 20kph more than it would otherwise have. Reduces downforce though, so they have at least one, sometimes two straights on a circuit to use it. Strictly there to allow more overtaking.

Missed the wall of death the other night, although to be fair even if I'd remembered I'm not sure I'd watch it. WoD has never held my interest as much as something with a name like that should.

Kev.OC wrote: »
    Pretty much. DRS stands for Dynamic Rear Spoiler. Basically they open a flap on the spoiler that reduces drag which gives the chasing car up to 20kph more than it would otherwise have. Reduces downforce though, so they have at least one, sometimes two straights on a circuit to use it. Strictly there to allow more overtaking.

Missed the wall of death the other night, although to be fair even if I'd remembered I'm not sure I'd watch it. WoD has never held my interest as much as something with a name like that should.

:).....bit like this....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

You can still see it on 4 on demand

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Judging by the new Top Gear trailer,
    Guy made the right choice giving it a miss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Never had any interest in the wall of death myself, bar Eat the Peach, but the explanation of the g forces involved in the attempt for the record made it interesting. Still no interest in a normal wall of death.

Del2005 wrote: »
    Never had any interest in the wall of death myself, bar Eat the Peach, but the explanation of the g forces involved in the attempt for the record made it interesting. Still no interest in a normal wall of death.

The boffins also worked out that the American fella who claimed he did 75mph on his normal wall of death only did 42mph in real life.

Thats him shot down in flames then.:pac::D

Advertisement