Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Printer has stopped printing - says 'error printing on HP Envy 5530'

Options
  • 15-03-2016 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭

My printer was in perfect working order yesterday. I just turned it off as normal and when I turned it on to print something today it wasn't working.

My computer didn't even have any updates since I used the printer yesterday.

Today when I went to print I got a message saying 'offline'. I tried everything to get it back 'online' but most if not all of the internet solutions didn't work. I uninstalled and reinstalled the printer and re-entered the wifi password to re-activate the wireless function.

The 'offline' message disappeared and it said 'online', so I thought bingo!

Went to print again and got this message 'error printing - HP Envy 5530' and then the job got struck in the print queue.

I went into the printer spooler and paused printing, cancelled all documents and the job disappeared. Turned computer and printer off completely and turned them back on and still getting the same message.

Anyone able to shed some light - losing my patience.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Download the Solutions Framework from HP and this will allow you to run diagnostics

• Registered Users Posts: 82,682 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Have you tried using the USB cable to connect instead or use a different computer to connect with it wirelessly?

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭tomhenryford

Have you tried using the USB cable to connect instead or use a different computer to connect with it wirelessly?

Tried both of those. I totally uninstalled the software and re-installed the newest version there. Got as far as the network connection and it says the network cannot find the printer when I enter the IP address. Just going round and round in circles.

I re-entered all the wifi info again and it still says cannot find printer in the network.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭tomhenryford

degsie wrote: »
    Download the Solutions Framework from HP and this will allow you to run diagnostics

I tried this several times today, it keeps saying your product cannot be detected.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Can the printer print out a network diagnostic page? It's usually a menu item from the printer lcd display.

• Advertisement
Advertisement