Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBAN Checksum Error

Options
  • 15-03-2016 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Just realized that I gave someone my IBAN but with the incorrect checksum digits.

I gave IE63 instead of IE71.

It's for a direct debit paid to me — so I'm wondering will payments still be made to me with all other details being correct?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

C-Shore wrote: »
    Hey,

Just realized that I gave someone my IBAN but with the incorrect checksum digits.

I gave IE63 instead of IE71.

It's for a direct debit paid to me — so I'm wondering will payments still be made to me with all other details being correct?
    Hi C-Shore

Thanks for getting in touch with us on Boards.ie

It's unlikely they will be able to make payment to you as all digits in IBAN need to be correct. We'd recommend making contact with the person you have given these details to and ask them to make the necessary amendments asap. 

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

Ok great, thanks — I'll follow up with them. Just wanted to check with you first rather than cause confusion if it turns out it would have gone ok.

Thanks for the speedy response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

C-Shore wrote: »
    Ok great, thanks — I'll follow up with them. Just wanted to check with you first rather than cause confusion if it turns out it would have gone ok.

Thanks for the speedy response.
    You're very welcome C-Shore, always happy to help with any general banking queries. 

Alison 

Advertisement