Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park

Options
  • 15-03-2016 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi
    Has anyone ever sat in Section 302 or Section 335? Just wondering if the view of the stage would be okay from this close and if you would be better with a low row or a high row?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Those blocks are at a very acute angle to the stage.
    They really should have been sold as "restricted view".

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ellie055

poundhound wrote: »
    Those blocks are at a very acute angle to the stage.
    They really should have been sold as "restricted view".

Hi there,
    Thanks for your reply. Have you actually sat there? Is it so bad that you would take a section down the back over it?

Lets put it this way, when purchasing tickets for Springsteen I turned down tickets in Block 334 as I thought that was at too much of an angle. And 334 is a better view than 335.
    Block 335 is almost looking directly across the stage. You would see none of the musicians. I'm surprised they actually sell tickets in those blocks

Regarding sitting at the rear of the venue, I sat in the Davin Road end for U2 in 2005, I'd never sit there again. The sound was awful and you were so far away from the action the atmosphere was flat.

With the price of concert tickets these days, I wouldn't settle for just anywhere, especially if it results in a less than enjoyable experience.

Depending on what gig your going to, I'm sure you could pick up a standing ticket or in a better section than the ones you mentioned.

Lets put it this way, when purchasing tickets for Springsteen I turned down tickets in Block 334 as I thought that was at too much of an angle. And 334 is a better view than 335.
    Block 335 is almost looking directly across the stage. You would see none of the musicians. I'm surprised they actually sell tickets in those blocks

Regarding sitting at the rear of the venue, I sat in the Davin Road end for U2 in 2005, I'd never sit there again. The sound was awful and you were so far away from the action the atmosphere was flat.

With the price of concert tickets these days, I wouldn't settle for just anywhere, especially if it results in a less than enjoyable experience.

Depending on what gig your going to, I'm sure you could pick up a standing ticket or in a better section than the ones you mentioned.

I know what you mean about the price of tickets! It's the Springsteen concert and standing isn't an option and I'm getting a little panicky about picking up decent seats! I would have snapped up Section 334! I was looking at Images of the Red Hot Chilli Peppers concert and though Block 335 didn't look too bad but maybe you're right and I should hold my nerve and hopefully get a better option.

There are seats available in Block 334 and 303 on ticketmaster right now (sunday night). You can get 2 together in either block.

While I turned them down on the day of sale, they are much better than block 335 or 302.

• Advertisement

There are seats available in Block 334 and 303 on ticketmaster right now (sunday night). You can get 2 together in either block.

While I turned them down on the day of sale, they are much better than block 335 or 302.

Thanks I saw that but I'm looking for Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,415 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Here is a rough estimate of what way the Hogan stand may go for a concert. This is from rhcp in 2012 I was in the cusack premium

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Here is a rough estimate of what way the Hogan stand may go for a concert. This is from rhcp in 2012 I was in the cusack premium

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I know Croke Park very well ... but only for matches!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I was in the cusack premium for one of the U2 gigs but the sound was complete sh1te. Was actually better down the back of the Davan the next night but you couldn't see sh1t back there.

Advertisement