Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice servicing a German FZS600 in Dublin

• 15-03-2016 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,

Moved here not so long ago from Germany and brought my trusty FZS600 with me.
    Now I know it's funny to mention a 'German FZS600', but I do because it was super maintained the whole time being there.
    I tried to look around in Dublin and searched the internet, but haven't found many recommendations and the ones I did find were old.

Therefore I'm asking for advice for a motorcycle garage (maybe official Yamaha?) that you recommend for regular servicing. One that you trust to do the job well and clean.

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Notch000

have you got it convert to righ hand drive yet ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Service it yourself its the best service it will ever get as you know what was done and done right. And save yourself a fortune......its not hard to service a bike mate seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 arieljt

Notch000 wrote: »
    have you got it convert to righ hand drive yet ??

you're joking but the headlight beam is too much to the right..
    Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Service it yourself its the best service it will ever get as you know what was done and done right. And save yourself a fortune......its not hard to service a bike mate seriously.

I would, but since i recently moved here, you can understand I have zero tools with me.

Anyhow, i chose megabikes. hope all goes well :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

You'll do fine with Megabikes. Handy location too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Are you still looking? JP Motorcycles on Pearse Street in Dublin handle all my fsz600 servicing and issues. They seem to know lots about them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

slinky2000 wrote: »
    Are you still looking? JP Motorcycles on Pearse Street in Dublin handle all my fsz600 servicing and issues. They seem to know lots about them.

6 months ago he post and said its in with megabikes.
    Your post is weird.

goodlad wrote: »
    6 months ago he post and said its in with megabikes.
    Your post is weird.

Weird for answering a question...... yea right.

weird for answering a question when ya didnt bother yer hole to read the thread or ya would of seen the age of the thread and the dude saying its already been sorted.

weird for answering a question when ya didnt bother yer hole to read the thread or ya would of seen the age of the thread and the dude saying its already been sorted.

so I missed the age of the thread. Get a life.

Here lads. Would anyone recommend JP Motorcycles for servicing?

There could be a recommendation about em above but i cant be arsed reading previous posts :p:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Here lads. Would anyone recommend JP Motorcycles for servicing?

There could be a recommendation about em above but i cant be arsed reading previous posts :p:p

Funny you mention, they sat on their hole with my XJ6 for nearly 3 weeks swapping in and out parts and himming and hawing. So I guess experience ain't everything.

They also sold me a FACTORY RESTRICTED YAMAHA FZ6 that was not RESTRICTED at all when I was buying my 1st bike which is pretty ****ty thing to do. If I bought it private from done deal etc it would be my responsibility to make sure it was restricted for insurance purposes. But for a dealer to advertise a bike as factory restricted and then it not be is bad form TBH. Bike cost me €5k or so at the time for an 09 model.

If I had an accident I would have been proper ****ed.....I would never deal with them again.

It was about a month later another experienced biker took it for a spin and enlightened me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,357 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Oh I dunno, there must be some people who would be happy to have a bike that was restricted on paper with all the docs to prove it... but wasn't :p They should've charged you extra :pac:

Scrap the cap!

Oh I dunno, there must be some people who would be happy to have a bike that was restricted on paper with all the docs to prove it... but wasn't :p They should've charged you extra :pac:

Yes I would have been chuffed if I was biking for years with all the experience needed for a bike capable of doing 240kmh of the get go! But the reality of it was quite dangerous. And yes I know lads who bought restricted bikes and the 1st thing they do was to get rid of the restricted and thats their CHOICE.

But to advertise it as factory restricted and the bike not restricted is illegal.

I personally would not trust the place just my 2 cents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,357 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Oh I'm just kidding.

But when I was looking out for my first bike (which turned out to be a 100cc) I bought a "What Bike" with a CBR6 road test on the cover - "156 MPH" - that was me convinced :pac: three years to the day I took delivery of a brand new CBR6 and I did my best over the next few years to exercise it :)

They dropped the ball there, but still, bikers complaining about having too much speed and too much power is :pac:

Scrap the cap!

Advertisement