Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ancapailldorcha singling me out

Options
  • 15-03-2016 7:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭

He has banned me about 4 or 5 times from politics. This time was absolutely ridiculous. I said nothing that would constitute a breach of the rules and if I can get banned for it then surely others would have to have been banned on the same page of posts for similar. You would think if I was breaking the rules some other politics mods would have banned me but no. Please review and sort it out.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭walshyn93

Originally Posted by Black Swan View Post
    Former US President Dwight D Eisenhower, 5-star general, and the one who warned the American people about the power and influence of the Military Industrial Complex was Irish?

Originally Posted by walshyn93 View Post
    Quote:
    Stupid comment.

That was one of the earlier ones.

This is the most recent one.

Originally Posted by Akrasia View Post
    I didn't tell my henchmen to kill him, i told them to take care of her

Originally Posted by walshyn93
    If Trump's supporters wanted to protest Bernie's rallies they'd have to take time off work.

Now, maybe calling a facetious comment "stupid" is a breach of the rules. But surely responding to sarcasm with a light jab at Sanders supporters, if you could even call it that, is not deserving of a ban.

He did say it was for my "last few posts" whatever that means. I can't go back and look at them but there's nothing in there ban worthy, I'm sure of it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

As per the graphic above, please confirm if you have PMd the mod in question to see if this can be resolved between you. If you have not, please do so and post here if you are unable to come to an agreement so that a CMod can investigate this for you.

Zaph wrote: »
    As per the graphic above, please confirm if you have PMd the mod in question to see if this can be resolved between you. If you have not, please do so and post here if you are unable to come to an agreement so that a CMod can investigate this for you.

Yeah I have but no response.

So he said he banned me for accusing another poster of being a liar. I think he's referring to a post where I was accused of saying George Soros was supporting Bernie Sanders even though in a previous post I said the exact opposite. I accused the other poster of lying because he was lying, and I also provided the proof that he was lying.

EDIT:
    Also worth mentioning that I was accused of lying 5 or 6 times by this poster in the lead up to this ban and no mod came to my defence.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

OK, one of the relevant CMods will look into this for you.

• Advertisement

A few of my other bans from ancapailldorcha

Your post:
    walshyn93 wrote: »
    Just like all the anti-refugee guys say "we should machine gun them all at the border".
    (And I want the borders closed now before you start again putting hyperbolic nonsense into people's mouths)

It's not really hyperbolic what I'm saying. These people are genuinely willing to accept a spike in the number of rapes. For them it has now been factored in to the cost benefit analysis.
    [/QUOTE]

another

Your post:
    First Up wrote: »
    Isn't that what Fox News is for?

Hardy har har. Don't you mean Faux News?
    [/QUOTE]

What you'll notice with a lot of these posts is that I'm responding to someone in kind which leads me to believe I'm being singled out unfairly for bans or at the very least the mod's admitted left wing bias is causing him to shut down right leaning posters. Perhaps further investigation of all his bans are necessary.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Hi walshyn93, I will be looking into this for you. Please can you forward me the PMs you received in relation to you ban?

Thanks.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I've received the PM's, thank you. Please allow me some time to investigate.

Hi walshyn93, I've had a look into this and I can't see any evidence that you are being singled out by ancapailldorcha. Looking at your record, you've had 2 yellows, 6 reds, 10 forum bans, and 1 site ban applied to your account by a variety of different mods.

These are the posts that earned you your most recent ban:
    Dirty stinking lies. I'm sick of you.
    If Trump's supporters wanted to protest Bernie's rallies they'd have to take time off work.

Both of these posts are in breach of sections 1 and 2 of the International Politics Charter:
    1. High standards of debate and quality posts / threads are required. New threads require significant contribution, with citations or a logical and coherent argument. Replies require something that adds substance to the debate. A reasoned single line adds more than an incomprehensible ranting essay. However, a one line reply that is no more than a quip or asserition that doesnt advance the debate is beneath the standards. Repeating the same point over and over without engaging with other posters is not permitted. This is also not a suitable forum for ranting.
    2. Don't be rude, offensive, disruptive. Address the post not the poster. Stay on topic. Be courteous to other posters and do not personally abuse others. Attack the post not the man.

I mean, come on, that "dirty stinking lies" comment was blatantly attacking another poster.

As to your comment that other posters should be banned too, that's not really relevant to the situation here. If there were posts that you saw which you felt went against the charter, then you should use the report post function.

You've previously been banned for posting below the standards in the forum. If you've had previous mod action in relation to your posting standards, but yet continue to post in the same way, it's obvious that either you're not getting the message, or that you are choosing to deliberately ignore it. When it gets to that point, the mods have little choice other than to increase ban length for subsequent offences, until the poster either cops on or else ends up permanently banned from the forum. Any of the forum mods would have applied the same ban, it just happened that ancapailldorcha was the one who was on the thread at that time.

I'm upholding your ban, and would advise you to be more conscientious when posting in International Politics in future, otherwise you will most likely find that you end up permabanned.

So I was banned by the same mod again. This time from After Hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Please start a separate thread about your AH ban.

Also, can we mark this one as resolved?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

No indication that OP wishes to take this further. Marked as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement