Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Day 2

• 15-03-2016 9:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭

Will keep ths short as im supping pints!

I try to avoid backing favourites but i really cant see past Yanworth in the opener.
    His win lto was mighty and as impressive a win i've seen. I dont think Yorkhills form is all that either so lump on Yanworth.

I'll am thinking of the Yanworth / More of That double.
    If Jonjo thought MOT was a Gold Cup horse then he should win this. I think NMH wants soft ground so cant have him. And the rest look handicappers.

Really like 1 in the Coral Cup - Politologue. NIchols won this with a French import last season ( i backed it ;)) and he can do it again. Mullins Arbre dE Vie is well fancied by all accounts but 2 i also like at bigger prices are Beast of Burder and Call the Cops.

UDS wins the CC - simples

In the CC going to take a chance on Third Intention.
    I fancie Josses Orders to win and maybe if it drifts i'll back it. But TI could run well on his first attempt at this. DEf the best horse in the race.

In the last two i like Messire Des Obeaux and Castello Sforza respectively

Good luck to all!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

My big bet of the week, Long House Hall is going in the CC tomorrow, got it at 25/1 earlier in the month so I'm hoping to get something, I'm not getting any word so I don't know to be honest.

Otherwise, I'm going for Yorkhill due to the money back if it comes second to the winner PP.

More of That in the second. The CC is my big bet and I don't like putting 2 bets in 1 race so I'm not going to, if I had to put a bet on it'd be on Politologue.

Un de Sceaux wins the next and is the NAP of the day, I'm not a fan of doubles but if I was I'd be putting this with Josie's Orders.

I've no idea in the second last and might see how the day is going before deciding what to back, in the local sweep I'll probably go for Diego Du Charmil.

In the last I can't decide between Ballyandy and Castello Sforza, I leaning towards Castello Sforza cause of the money back offer on second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I also fancy Laphroaig.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Juxtapose

Won't be able to watch tomorrow so just stuck on a nice treble to tie me over!

Gone for Yanworth/More of That/Un de sceaux treble. Works out just under 11/1 i think.

Although Yorkhill looks a good punt for the first too.

Best of luck tomorrow lads :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

PP just enhanced UDS & Yanworth from 7/2->9/2 which makes me skeptical after they enhanced Min yesterday...

Still fancy Yanworth?

I wouldn't read too much into it.

Yanworth is a good horse. Competition is stiff though and its a toss up in class between Yorkhill. A toi phil and Thomas Hobson need to step it up but they are in with a shout too.

Think its a decent offer from Paddy. They were offering evens on Un De Sceaux up to a few days ago as an enhanced offer, so maybe they think Sprinter Sacre still has the legs ;)
    The odds aren't great on either favourite so this is prob just a way of getting the punters back involved.

• Advertisement

Went for the muggish treble.

Bad ride from Geraghty?
    Wide the whole way and must have gone 1/2 furlong further than Yorkhill.

Yorkhill really picked up well in that race. Yanworth didn't have the legs.

Would have preffered a 1/2 the other way round as my treble is now gone, but my trixie is still in play. Off to work at 3, so hopefully catch another 2 races and 2 wins ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Slattsy wrote: »
    Bad ride from Geraghty?

He was so worried about staying out of trouble he went awful wide, didn't seem to be jumping that cleanly either

Bad ride from Geraghty?

Definitely. Was too wide the whole race, had to cover more ground and Yorkhill had the inside route and the legs.

• Advertisement

Winner won well though in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Juxtapose wrote: »
    I wouldn't read too much into it.

Yanworth is a good horse. Competition is stiff though and its a toss up in class between Yorkhill. A toi phil and Thomas Hobson need to step it up but they are in with a shout too.

Think its a decent offer from Paddy. They were offering evens on Un De Sceaux up to a few days ago as an enhanced offer, so maybe they think Sprinter Sacre still has the legs ;)
    The odds aren't great on either favourite so this is prob just a way of getting the punters back involved.

I'm convinced they knew :L

What a ride!
    Rare you see an Eliott horse drift and win.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

I went EW on Sizing Granite. Only bet of the festival for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

tinodz wrote: »
    I went EW on Sizing Granite. Only bet of the festival for me.

Made an absolute balls of the first... there is no chance. Balls.

Will keep ths short as im supping pints!

I try to avoid backing favourites but i really cant see past Yanworth in the opener.
    His win lto was mighty and as impressive a win i've seen. I dont think Yorkhills form is all that either so lump on Yanworth.

I'll am thinking of the Yanworth / More of That double.
    If Jonjo thought MOT was a Gold Cup horse then he should win this. I think NMH wants soft ground so cant have him. And the rest look handicappers.

Really like 1 in the Coral Cup - Politologue. NIchols won this with a French import last season ( i backed it ;)) and he can do it again. Mullins Arbre dE Vie is well fancied by all accounts but 2 i also like at bigger prices are Beast of Burder and Call the Cops.

UDS wins the CC - simples

In the CC going to take a chance on Third Intention.
    I fancie Josses Orders to win and maybe if it drifts i'll back it. But TI could run well on his first attempt at this. DEf the best horse in the race.

In the last two i like Messire Des Obeaux and Castello Sforza respectively

Good luck to all!

Sorry lads, that was awful today :o:o

Sorry lads, that was awful today :o:o

I've been in meetings for most of the day but my account looks very happy at the moment. I think I'll go to the pub in a while

Advertisement