Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice for building new PC

Options
  • 15-03-2016 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys. I am hoping to build a new PC. I am not that familiar with this so apologies if I say something stupid. My laptop is on its last legs and I am hoping to get something to replace it. I don't need anything that powerful. Most of the games I will be playing on it are pre 2007 and the newer ones are indies that don't require great specs.

Money is a bit tight at the moment so the 500 is a hard cap. Lower would be better in this case. Maybe something cheap that I could upgrade later. I have been putting money aside for something new but the laptop failing has kind of made me have to draw my hand earlier than I would have wanted. I am half tempted to buy a cheap laptop and wait until my financial situation has improved before I splurge on a PC.

1. What is your budget?

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer?
    It will mostly be used to play pretty old games and regular internet use.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows?
    Yes

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer?
    No

5. Do you need a monitor?
    No

6. Do you need any of the peripherals?
    Yes, I have nothing other than a monitor.

7. Are you willing to try overclocking?
    No

8. How can you pay?
    Debit Card/Paypal

9. When are you purchasing?
    Sometime in the next month or two.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

i3 6100 €120
    H170 board €60
    Case €50
    8gb RAM €50