Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Where'd you get the free disk?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

It's available from the PS store - https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/product/EP9000-CUSA09159_00-PSVRDEMODISC0002 (Sorry I naturally typed disk without realising it for some reason)

One annoying thing to note is that I downloaded the demo, then left it. However, when I came back to it, to actually play the games demos, they too had to download while inside the collection of demos itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Have the headset about a year now and haven't actually took it out the box in months! When Resident evil 7 came out i played half the game in VR taking breaks every while cause the feeling of being stuck inside this headset was becoming to much after a while.

Eventually got a pain in me arse of stopping and starting and just decided i really wanted to play the game more often so played the rest on the tv instead and since then between decorating the front room etc etc the camera is back upstairs and the headset is back in its box.

I think about it all the time especially since im not working now and could really do with the money but i know its lost basically half its value at this stage.

I really would love to start playing it again but the setup fiddly camera and having to have your head constantly feel like its in a little box just doesn't feel right for someone who loves to just throw games on and sit back on the sofa.

What do i do......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

Rec Room is getting a Battle Royal style mode free on all platforms.

https://www.roadtovr.com/rec-room-get-new-battle-royale-shooter-next-month-open-alpha-starts-weekend/

Anyone play it here? It's meant to be great fun!

• Advertisement

What do i do......

Buy Superhot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Doge wrote: »
    Rec Room is getting a Battle Royal style mode free on all platforms.

https://www.roadtovr.com/rec-room-get-new-battle-royale-shooter-next-month-open-alpha-starts-weekend/

Anyone play it here? It's meant to be great fun!

Rec room is alot of fun.

Played the paintball and laser tag alot, reload mechanic is a pain in laser tag.

Not so sure about battle royale mode in it really I'll be dead fairly quickly there!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Buy Superhot.

I've heard of it but that's bout it!

What makes It so good then?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Might be worth mentioning, Gamestop are doing a deal, whereby you trade in any PS4 (all cables and original controller required), with any 2 games, and you can get a PS4 Pro for €149.99.

https://youtu.be/52mw02PyooU

Astrobot full game coming. Looks decent.

• Advertisement

https://youtu.be/52mw02PyooU

Astrobot full game coming. Looks decent.

that could be a lot of fun in fairness.
    Playroom VR is great craic, and this was the first part of that I played.
    Yeah ill buy that!

Hard to explain, it's just incredibly good fun! 20 quid in Argos and it's well worth it for the enjoyment I got from it.

On Playstation Store Statik is 7 quid now. Might pick that up.

Other discounts include; Dick Wilde, Knockout League, and Apex Construct - Any of them worth picking up?

Hard to explain, it's just incredibly good fun! 20 quid in Argos and it's well worth it for the enjoyment I got from it.

Other discounts include; Dick Wilde, Knockout League, and Apex Construct - Any of them worth picking up?

Statik is Great, a nice puzzler, really well done. Think I picked it up for the same, very much worth it.

Knockout League will get you fit, that's for sure.

Had another go of Robot Rescue there now, it's so nice. I'm all over that Astrobot game now. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

What with college and general life stuff in the way I have not used the PS VR in quite awhile but today Pixel Gear VR from Limited Run Games arrived in the post so I'm hoping to set up the old PlayStation and give it a good gaming session.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

If you have an Aim controller you need to get Dick Wilde.

Tough game but spot-on tracking.

Superhot is the closest thing to being John Wick that you can experience.

It's also the first game I really felt full-on immersion, in that you duck behind desks and blind-shoot reaching your arm over the edge of the table, etc.

Essential game in everyone's collection.

The days of play sale has started, Farpoint with the Aim controller is down to 50 euro, is it worth picking up the Aim controller or will it just be left to the side picking up dust after using it with a couple of games?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭kerplun k

The days of play sale has started, Farpoint with the Aim controller is down to 50 euro, is it worth picking up the Aim controller or will it just be left to the side picking up dust after using it with a couple of games?

I’d go for it.
    The Farpoint experience with Aim alone is worth the 50 quid.

There’s other games that use the Aim controller like Bravo Team, DoomVFR, Arizona Sunshine, etc, but Farpoint is definitely the standout and sets the standard.

There’s more VR FPSs on the horizon, and if Farpoint is anything to go by, the Aim will be the best Experience.

kerplun k wrote: »
    I’d go for it.
    The Farpoint experience with Aim alone is worth the 50 quid.

There’s other games that use the Aim controller like Bravo Team, DoomVFR, Arizona Sunshine, etc, but Farpoint is definitely the standout and sets the standard.

There’s more VR FPSs on the horizon, and if Farpoint is anything to go by, the Aim will be the best Experience.

don't forget Dick Wilde and Brookhaven Experiment

Those are often on sale and the Aim implementation is great

• Advertisement

Bought Thumper, Batman Arkham vR, Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes and Doom VFR for 40 quid. Pretty good way to bulk up the VR collection. Plan on picking up the Farpoint and Aim controller bundle tomorrow. Supposed to be preparing for the summer modules of my Masters! :rolleyes:

Very disappointing E3 conference from Sony on the VR front this year.

Nothing shown besides Beat Saber and Tetris I think.

I was looking forward to seeing an update on Blood and Truth, the sequel to London Heist.

Could be a sign the PSVR is about to be Vita'd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,620 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Picked up Wipeout and Skyrim in the sale. Wipeout is fun and Skyrim brings back memories. Forgot it was a PS3 title, was wondering why the graphics were so bad at first!

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Picked up a ps4 pro last week so I borrowed my mates PSVR for a few days. While it is great, especially Doom vfr, I can see the novelty wearing off. It'd be something I'd buy and use rarely.

I play VR far more than flatscreen gaming now, so for me the novelty has worn off on flatscreen games.

The main issue is just the perceived hassle of having to organise the playspace and setting up the headset for a session etc, rather than just being able to pick up and play while on the couch as you do for traditional games so it does take a bit more "effort" per session I guess.

I reckon when wireless VR is the norm, getting into a VR session will become just as easy as picking up the controller for a traditional session.

faceman wrote: »
    Picked up Wipeout and Skyrim in the sale. Wipeout is fun and Skyrim brings back memories. Forgot it was a PS3 title, was wondering why the graphics were so bad at first!

Its more of case the graphics have to be downscaled to run on PSVR than it originally being a PS3 title.
    Sure it was rereleased on PS4, and on PC the graphics are amazing.

Its just the PS4 doesn't have the power necessary to run it in VR would great graphics.

mrcheez wrote: »
    I play VR far more than flatscreen gaming now, so for me the novelty has worn off on flatscreen games.

Same for me, I haven't played a flatscreen game since I got the PSVR. The fact that smaller development companies are (for the most part) the ones making VR content, makes it even more appealing. The monotony of triple AAA games has worn thin, very thin indeed.

Here's a run down of all the E3 trailers for PSVR I can find (some more might pop up in the next few days)

Table of Tales: The Crooked Crown

Space Pirate Trainer

Moss - E3 2018 Accolades Trailer

Déraciné

Trover Saves the Universe

Beat Saber

Ghost Giant

Jupiter & Mars

Tetris Effect

The Last of Us 2 would be so easily playable in VR.

Just look at Edge of Nowhere on the Rift

• Advertisement

Not a fear of it. The processing power in the last of us is unreal, there's no way a PSVR could handle it.

Advertisement