Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Not a fear of it. The processing power in the last of us is unreal, there's no way a PSVR could handle it.

Is it a PS4-exclusive?

Could maybe run it on my Rift with VorpX if on PC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It's exclusive alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,624 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Got faster broadband at home, and decided to download some things I had always overlooked before due to the delays in getting them.

Tried Jaunt......its pretty rubbish. Makes you appreciate good VR stuff more!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,620 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I picked up Superhot today and I must admit I’m a little disappointed. Perhaps it had been too hyped for me. While the game mechanics are so much fun, the short scenes are a little tedious especially when you get killed and have to go back. For some reason I had a more Goldeneye concept in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Mthor5

I’m Looking at picking up a psvr soon ( Smith’s bundle of extra game and move controllers for €50) is this current price just for the days of play event?, which is this Tuesday I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Mthor5 wrote: »
    I’m Looking at picking up a psvr soon ( Smith’s bundle of extra game and move controllers for €50) is this current price just for the days of play event?, which is this Tuesday I think.

Yes, will go back up in price after the 18th, so on Tuesday.

faceman wrote: »
    I picked up Superhot today and I must admit I’m a little disappointed. Perhaps it had been too hyped for me. While the game mechanics are so much fun, the short scenes are a little tedious especially when you get killed and have to go back. For some reason I had a more Goldeneye concept in my head.

Same as that. Being kicked back 4 levels is inexcusable. Got sick of playing the same ****e over and over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Same as that. Being kicked back 4 levels is inexcusable. Got sick of playing the same ****e over and over and over.

Total opposite for me, I enjoyed how the fact I'd be placed back at the start gave me more to lose and heightened the tension as I got through each level on a scene. For me, it wouldn't be anywhere near as enjoyable without this. It's not like each scene is that long, for me it's perfectly balanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Just reading that the BBC are broadcasting their World Cup coverage in VR.

I haven’t tried using it yet, but I’d assume it’s for UK viewers only and would involve setting up a UK PS account and using a VPN.

Has anyone tried this yet? Was it much work setting it up?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44038006

I completed the game on the first day I tried it... it's a challenge, but you have to keep at it.

Think of it as similar to an arcade game, they're not going to make it easy for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

Looks live the aim controller has / will have a decent library. Only played farpoint so far with mine and haven't got passed the giant spider, might pick up the Brookhaven experiment in the sale.

Doge wrote: »
    Looks live the aim controller has / will have a decent library. Only played farpoint so far with mine and haven't got passed the giant spider, might pick up the Brookhaven experiment in the sale.

Yeah I found Aim in Brookhaven was great fun. Different weapons to those you get with the Moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Dick Wilde is good fun with the Aim also

Where'd I pick up the aim controller cheap?

Dirt Rally plus VR is €13.99

Mind-boggles

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,620 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

mrcheez wrote: »

Mind-boggles

Would you rate it better than Gran Turismo VR?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Mind-boggles

Or the up grade VR DLC is €4.49 (if like me you bought the main game before owning PSVR)

well yeah, you get to race all tracks against all opponents :)

It's well hard though... more about precision steering than speed, but that's the way rally cars are.

FRom a VR perspective it's better as you can play the entire game in VR.

However the game is extremely challenging and not for casual players as they would probably get too frustrated with the difficult learning curve.

But once you master it it's very rewarding and the most immersive Rally experience to date.

It really shines if you use a force feedback steering wheel and pedal set with it like the Logitech G29.

I couldn't go back to playing racing Simulators with a gamepad now.

• Advertisement

FRom a VR perspective it's better as you can play the entire game in VR.

However the game is extremely challenging and not for casual players as they would probably get too frustrated with the difficult learning curve.

But once you master it it's very rewarding and the most immersive Rally experience to date.

It really shines if you use a force feedback steering wheel and pedal set with it like the Logitech G29.

I couldn't go back to playing racing Simulators with a gamepad now.

I'm still waiting for the Playseat Challenge to drop in price a tad before I get back to my G29.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Playseat-Challenge-PS4-PS3-Xbox/dp/B009ZELZDS

The ironing board approach worked a bit, but it's not great when you start pulling sharp corners and the board topples over!

I'm still waiting for the Playseat Challenge to drop in price a tad before I get back to my G29.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Playseat-Challenge-PS4-PS3-Xbox/dp/B009ZELZDS

The ironing board approach worked a bit, but it's not great when you start pulling sharp corners and the board topples over!

I went with the GT Omega Racing Wheel Stand and bought a Toyota Celica car seat for 20 euro.

Took a bit of elbow grease and DIY to make a wooden base for it but it turned out well.

You can see the result in the Racing Sims forum here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057721231

Might be an alternative for option for you!

I went with the GT Omega Racing Wheel Stand and bought a Toyota Celica car seat for 20 euro.

Took a bit of elbow grease and DIY to make a wooden base for it but it turned out well.

You can see the result in the Racing Sims forum here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057721231

Might be an alternative for option for you!

Looks good, but I need the pack-up-ability of the Playseat Challenge as I don't have the space to leave it out unfolded when not in use.

Added some Sugru yesterday to the mount for the PS4 camera to stop it falling off the top of the monitor all the time.
    The existing lip on the mount is a poor design by Sony and far too short.

455365.jpg

Added some Sugru yesterday to the mount for the PS4 camera to stop it falling off the top of the monitor all the time.
    The existing lip on the mount is a poor design by Sony and far too short.

455365.jpg

Tripod is best way to stand up the camera

Tripod is best way to stand up the camera

Yeah I saw people in the facebook group try that. Theres no room for it behind my telly though!

Yeah I saw people in the facebook group try that. Theres no room for it behind my telly though!

Well I mean it can be anywhere, remember the camera doesn't need to necessarily be in the same direction as your TV.

My camera and tripod is behind my TV for example, but pointing 45 to the left as I actually stand well over to the right on my lounge when playing VR, and not close to the TV.

You could also mount it on the wall using special non-marking stuff that won't damage the paint. Not sure of the name but it's prob in any hardware store.

Well I mean it can be anywhere, remember the camera doesn't need to necessarily be in the same direction as your TV.

My camera and tripod is behind my TV for example, but pointing 45 to the left as I actually stand well over to the right on my lounge when playing VR, and not close to the TV.

You could also mount it on the wall using special non-marking stuff that won't damage the paint. Not sure of the name but it's prob in any hardware store.

Ah the sugru is doing a fine job, i can move it anywhere on the TV i like and can tilt it also. :)

Dream Match Tennis looks like it might be good fun. Need a decent active game to play. It's 1 player too unlike sparc (which was ****e).

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/dream-match-tennis-vr-ps4/

• Advertisement

Advertisement