Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I highly recommend Dream Match Tennis. It's easily the best recreation of a sport on PSVR so far. It's pretty special.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I heard the tracking is a bit buggy at the mo?

mrcheez wrote: »
    I heard the tracking is a bit buggy at the mo?

Didn't notice anything.

Didn't notice anything.

Reviews saying that tracking resets between sets and needs to be patched

https://youtu.be/8CpYQQ6GJbE?t=153

https://youtu.be/ArJk8iip3JM?t=440

Turning off the the move and turning on again, IT crowd style works.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Apparently this is about to drop on the PS Store
    Minotaur Arcade Vol 1

Still no sign of Tempest though!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Apparently this is about to drop on the PS Store
    Minotaur Arcade Vol 1

Oh God yes!

This is precisely the sort of game that will kick ass on Oculus Go (sorry for non-PSVR post)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

This is precisely the sort of game that will kick ass on Oculus Go (sorry for non-PSVR post)

Quiet you!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Tempest 4000 dropped yesterday but no sign of a PSVR mode!

I'm a little disappointed, hopefully it is on the Hairy Yak's to do list, for a future update.

• Advertisement

Apparently T4000 is just T2000 again. Disappointing.

Minotaur looks ace though.

Apparently T4000 is just T2000 again. Disappointing.

Minotaur looks ace though.

As someone who still owns Tempest 2000, has owned a Nuon and Tempest 3000 and has TxK on both his Vita and PS TV, I can tell you Tempest 4000 really isn't just Tempest 2000 again.
    In truth it's far more like an update to TxK, which I believe was all but complete for release on PS3 and 360 as well as PC but Atari decided to be dicks about it.
    The new release adds in new enemies as well as a lot of new visual effects, designed specifically to induce moments of Wow! Wow, just before you get shot... again....

All of this completely off topic as they haven't made it PSVR compatible!

Jeff Gerstmann sounded pretty unimpressed with it. Said it was very similar. I will give it a go if comes to VR though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Bought drunken bar fight VR last night for PS4, that was the most stupid silly fun I've had with the VR in ages and I was sweating after it , I played it for about 40 minutes and in this heat , wasn't a good idea, loved it though especially when you're like 3 on 1 can be a real challenge to survive would like more like this

Jeff Gerstmann sounded pretty unimpressed with it. Said it was very similar. I will give it a go if comes to VR though.

I don't know who that guy is but it's a strange thing to say tbh.
    I mean, it's a Tempest game.
    Of course it's going to be similar.
    It's also a refining of the TxK project that Atari crapped on a couple of years ago, so it's going to be very similar to that.
    But it is a long march to T4K to be honest.
    And a development again from T3K, which a had for a good while on the Nuon.
    And, though some might consider T2K as the "original and the best" of the Tempest updates, I think TxK holds that for me, but with a patch or two T4K could be perfection, especially if a PSVR patch arrives as well as support for some sort of rotary controller.

Jeff is the owner of Giant Bomb and also a big Tempest fan.

Jeff is the owner of Giant Bomb and also a big Tempest fan.

I'm a Clinical Nurse Manager and also a big Tempest fan!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Finally got my hands on Wipeout last night , have to say it's easily one of the best VR games I've played to date

I'm tempted to pre-order Pixel Ripped for $20.

Getting great reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Getting great reviews.

It's only available in the US store is it? No plans for release in Europe?

• Advertisement

It's only available in the US store is it? No plans for release in Europe?

Hmm no idea.. I just have a load of credit on my US account that I won from playing that Glider Island game on Steam so need to use it up

Getting great reviews.

Bought it last night. Haven't been so excited to try a preorder since Superhot!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Has anyone played the persistence? I played the demo when I first got my PSVR a few months ago and thought it was a fairly awful game. However, it's been getting reviewed as a must have for PSVR now that it's released. Wondering what I missed in the demo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Has anyone played the persistence? I played the demo when I first got my PSVR a few months ago and thought it was a fairly awful game. However, it's been getting reviewed as a must have for PSVR not that it's released. Wondering what I missed in the demo!

^^This!
    I'm reading and seeing reviews for this, and I'm thinking god I thought the Demo was Sh1t.

coolisin wrote: »
    ^^This!
    I'm reading and seeing reviews for this, and I'm thinking god I thought the Demo was Sh1t.

Ditto, though Without Parole said he was looking forward to it BASED on the demo.

Maybe it's superb on a Pro vs the OG I played on. I thought the demo was a blurry mess.

Got into Pixel Ripped last night and it's great fun! So much creativity in this and Easter Egg heaven with references to many games from your past that all tie in perfectly. Lots of LOL moments.

I didn't want to put it down and got to level 4 before I decided to call it a night. It's pretty tough, though the checkpoint system is a good way to stave off frustration.

Despite being on the final level I see myself doing a few replays to get the hidden cartridges that open up new levels.

EU release is due in two weeks with a discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Got into Pixel Ripped last night and it's great fun! So much creativity in this and Easter Egg heaven with references to many games from your past that all tie in perfectly. Lots of LOL moments.

I didn't want to put it down and got to level 4 before I decided to call it a night. It's pretty tough, though the checkpoint system is a good way to stave off frustration.

Despite being on the final level I see myself doing a few replays to get the hidden cartridges that open up new levels.

EU release is due in two weeks with a discount.
    Do we know approx. price for EU release?  How much gameplay time would you say there is? cheers

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Do we know approx. price for EU release?  How much gameplay time would you say there is? cheers

So you could complete the main game in about 3+ hours (depending on your old-skool skills at platforming), but then there are many hidden cartridges that open up new levels in replays.

So perhaps 5 hours in total?

Great value for the price tbh.

No idea on price, but I'd say it will probably be €15 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Speaking of old school gaming, has anyone tried the Sega Megadrive Collection in VR yet?

• Advertisement

coolisin wrote: »
    Speaking of old school gaming, has anyone tried the Sega Megadrive Collection in VR yet?

I accidentally discovered I already had it on my Rift (got Megadrive classics for free a while back), so it's great on that and from all reports the PSVR version is as good.

Advertisement