Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

coolisin wrote: »
    Speaking of old school gaming, has anyone tried the Sega Megadrive Collection in VR yet?

Is's 20 euro for 50 games so...it's already worth buying. The VR is ok you just need to move yourself a little closer to the VR tv to get a decent picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Anyone else get an email with a code to access the pre release of Dark Eclipse? I've never heard of it before, VR MOBA it says.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Anyone else get an email with a code to access the pre release of Dark Eclipse? I've never heard of it before, VR MOBA it says.

Yeah me too. Not interested at all so if anyone wants the code just PM.

And its gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

fixxxer wrote: »

Yeah me too. Not interested at all so if anyone wants the code just PM.

It's actually same code for everyone:
    EJH4-PBND-A6L9

• Advertisement

JimBurnley wrote: »
    It's actually same code for everyone:
    EJH4-PBND-A6L9

Or is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭bennyineire

fixxxer wrote: »
    Or is it?

Yep I can confirm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Seen Skyrim VR in Smyths today for 25 new. Haven't seen it priced that low before

Has anyone seen a reasonable price for a replacement HDMI extension cable? Started getting static and red lines on my PSVR last night. When I plugged it directly into the box it was fine, so it seems to be the cable that's the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Astro Bot Rescue Mission is nigh and already getting rave reviews!!

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/astro-bot-rescue-mission

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

mrcheez wrote: »

Oh boy. Looks like an essential purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

mrcheez wrote: »

Wow - just looked at some reviews - time to get back to my PSVR methinks.....

I never spend more than €20 on a game except for extreme exceptions. This will be one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭kerplun k

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Wow - just looked at some reviews - time to get back to my PSVR methinks.....

It looks like a VR Mario game :D

kerplun k wrote: »
    It looks like a VR Mario game :D

That's exactly what it is... can't frikkin wait to try it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

wow, they kept this hidden well.

Was there even a rumour going around?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,995 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

• Advertisement

Plus a VR sale on the US store

Wow... 4.5 pages of games on sale on psprices

https://psprices.com/region-us/games/vr/?sort=date&platform=all&dlc=show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Lads, have a look at the Tony Hawk challenge on Next VR. It's amazing. There's a live show coming on November 25th too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

Unfortunately the Firewall DLC does not mention new maps. It says new "items" which is pretty vague.

Still though PSVR is on fire lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

yeah this Firewall DLC is cosmetics only
    Maps/changes at a later date, FOC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I just cant figure out how to incorporate vr into my gaming habit. Its all set up but the only time it gets dusted off is when i want to show someone.
    Its about 3 foot too short to sit on the couch with and dragging the couch forward and messing around with the camera is just a pain in the arse.
    Sounds like im a right lazy btard but flopping down on the couch with controller in hand is far more convenient.
    Any thoughts?

weiland79 wrote: »
    I just cant figure out how to incorporate vr into my gaming habit. Its all set up but the only time it gets dusted off is when i want to show someone.
    Its about 3 foot too short to sit on the couch with and dragging the couch forward and messing around with the camera is just a pain in the arse.
    Sounds like im a right lazy btard but flopping down on the couch with controller in hand is far more convenient.
    Any thoughts?

I certainly use my Go a lot more than my PSVR / Rift purely based on these reasons.

Go is always-on, so I'm in VR in about 5 seconds after the thought enters my head to put the headset on. Great for quick 10-30 min bouts before nodding off at night.

I certainly see Oculus Quest doing very well purely because of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Any thoughts?

Im really lucky that it all fits into my room perfect, so I can flop onto the couch.
    Could you adjust your setup in anyway to make it closer to the couch for you?

coolisin wrote: »
    Im really lucky that it all fits into my room perfect, so I can flop onto the couch.
    Could you adjust your setup in anyway to make it closer to the couch for you?

or get a dedicated gaming chair that you can put in place when you want to play, this is what I do when I'm settling in for a session.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Thats actually one of the questions i wanted to ask . Would most of you play games comfortably sitting down?
    The only one ive tried sitting down was resident evil but i had to bring a kitchen chair for that.

Would i be right in saying that, that shooter from last month, cant think of the name would be better played standing up.
    ( im conscious of coming across like a right moany **** here) :):)
    But i does be tired at the end of the day :):)

• Advertisement

Thats actually one of the questions i wanted to ask . Would most of you play games comfortably sitting down?
    The only one ive tried sitting down was resident evil but i had to bring a kitchen chair for that.

Would i be right in saying that, that shooter from last month, cant think of the name would be better played standing up.
    ( im conscious of coming across like a right moany **** here) :):)
    But i does be tired at the end of the day :):)

Yeah a lot of games are better played standing up like the fps shooters and Superhot/Job Simulator.

But plenty can be played sitting too. Skyrim is one I played sitting as I don't think I could last 5 hours standing ;)

Advertisement