Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Astrobot is easily the best thing in VR now. Honestly felt like I had been somewhere else when I took the headset off and had just just come back home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Depends what mood I'm in regarding sitting up or standing.
    Superhot standing
    Firewall standing but have played it sat down and it didn't make it any worse.
    Rec Room either!

Gran Turismo/Driveclub sitting down with the steering wheel!

Astrobot is sitting down, but at the same time leaning everywhere!

Astrobot is one of the better games for sure. Loving the run of games at the moment.

The beach level in Astro Bot had me grinning and laughing the whole time. And I'm a miserable ****er.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

The beach level in Astro Bot had me grinning and laughing the whole time. And I'm a miserable ****er.

£24.99 on Amazon, just ordered!

It's honestly up there with Mario 64 or Mario Galaxy in quality.

• Advertisement

It's honestly up there with Mario 64 or Mario Galaxy in quality.

How long is it?

Not sure, I doubt it's that long though. There's 5 worlds I think. About an hour each for the first 2 I've played.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

How long is it?

It's very re-playable though, to discover all the hidden secrets

Yeah, there's no way you'll find all the Bots on the first playthrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I bought Dirt Rally VR in the sale ages ago and only ever played it in flat screen. Couldn't really get into it and so never bothered with VR. Gave it a blast last night in VR and can't believe the difference, it is insanely enjoyable in VR!

• Advertisement

Tried it with a wheel? Fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

I adopted psvr early but kind of abandoned it due to real world ****, and now am getting back to it.

So after more than 6 months I've finally got some bloody room to move and have a few quid, I need you great souls to give me the must haves for the old vr now. And some general tips.

I have super hot
    skyrim vr
    And the flash point game with the gun.

Also anybody ever get anywhere with the whole motion sickness thing and getting a clear not blurry image etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭kerplun k

jcd5971 wrote: »
    I adopted psvr early but kind of abandoned it due to real world ****, and now am getting back to it.

So after more than 6 months I've finally got some bloody room to move and have a few quid, I need you great souls to give me the must haves for the old vr now. And some general tips.

I have super hot
    skyrim vr
    And the flash point game with the gun.

Also anybody ever get anywhere with the whole motion sickness thing and getting a clear not blurry image etc.

Here are some of my favorites.

Best VR game
    Astro Bot

Best VR experience
    The Inpatient

Best Shooter
    Firewall Zero Hour (Online only)

Best Blockbuster game
    Resident Evil 7

Game that is most fun
    Superhot

Best racer
    Wipeout

Other mentions
    Dirt rally VR
    Batman VR
    Doom VR
    Farpoint
    Job Simulator

jcd5971 wrote: »
    getting a clear not blurry image etc.

The image quality is improved if you have a PS Pro

Really the image quality will never be 100% as clear as your TV this gen, but they're getting there fast.

I have an Oculus Go as well and the image quality is superb, so I reckon PSVR 2 will have an excellent upgrade in visuals.

Saying that though, you don't really notice the visuals after a few mins once you're immersed in a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

So figured out my seating standing situation and am currently sat on my couch playing the beach level on Astrobot.

INCREDIBLE!!!

So much fun, id echo what others have said , that its up there with Mario. Hugely entertaining and by far the bedt game ive played so far in VR.

Think i might try Skyrim again after Astrobot but id be lying if i said it didnt seem like a daunting prospect.

I was hoping to finally complete Res Evil in time for Halloween but a little bot keeps pulling me back

*awwww

mrcheez wrote: »
    I was hoping to finally complete Res Evil in time for Halloween but a little bot keeps pulling me back

*awwww

Resident Evil will be played in the run up to halloween.
    Need a good scare fest :D

But I do want to play a lot more AstroBot I have done the first couple of levels

You should try the Persistence for a bit of Alien style horror. Turns out it's great game with or without VR. I'd put it top 5 easily.

You should try the Persistence for a bit of Alien style horror. Turns out it's great game with or without VR. I'd put it top 5 easily.

I was really looking forward to that but the demo killed my interest in that

• Advertisement

Was that the demo on the disc? I thought the demo sucked too, the full game is not that. It's one of the best PSVR games I've played. I've played most of them. I wouldn't lie to you :)

Playing Astro Bot solidly today and completely forgot to have lunch.

I can't get over how pristine the graphics are on my OG PS4.

Easily surpassing Rift and on par with Go. What an achievement!

Sony have always had a way to surpass the restrictions of their consoles with their exclusives. See the Last of us on PS3 and horizon zero dawn.

Tetris Effect demo is up. I like it...music is great. Full price is a little high though.

Tetris Effect demo is up. I like it...music is great. Full price is a little high though.

Yeah I looked up the price yesterday fairly shocked.

Glad the demo is up. Will give it a spin!

Any thoughts on Tetris?

I played it again last night and found a few cool things:

- pressing R1 (or L1 not sure) triggers a slow mo mode where you try to complete as many rows as possible within the time for extra bonus points

- you can swap out the incoming block with a different one by pressing another shoulder button

- move right up close to the blocks using left analog stick

Only downside for me (apart from price) is the pretty bad jaggies on my OG PS4

It's ok, but there's no chance I'm paying that much for tetris.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I downloaded the demo, and to be honest, I thought the graphics were slightly blurred looking.

Maybe just my old eyes!

But a very good game.

NIMAN wrote: »
    I downloaded the demo, and to be honest, I thought the graphics were slightly blurred looking.

Maybe just my old eyes!

But a very good game.

I think the full game is better than the demo ... also it does use adaptive blurring perhaps 20% of the time when the screen is very active (in order to keep up[ the frame rate)

But overall I was surprised how clear it all is. Makes it a little hard to go back to the other PSVR games in my backlog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Has anyone played the VR Playroom?
    My niece (9) and nephew (11) were up over the weekend and we played this for about 4 hours straight. Its so much fun, It has a mini game format, each of us passing the headset between us, and playing different game types. Its excellent, and completely free. It's made by Japan Studio, the same guys who made AstroBot, and is absolutely fantastic. I'd love to see some more games like this.

Advertisement