Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

kerplun k wrote: »
    Has anyone played the VR Playroom?
    My niece (9) and nephew (11) were up over the weekend and we played this for about 4 hours straight. Its so much fun, It has a mini game format, each of us passing the headset between us, and playing different game types. Its excellent, and completely free. It's made by Japan Studio, the same guys who made AstroBot, and is absolutely fantastic. I'd love to see some more games like this.

Yeah it's kind mind blowing for a free game.
    The social screen aspect is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

AstroBot is 100% the top VR game for PSVR, probably for VR altogether. It's just perfect. And bear in mind the same team are making Everybody's Golf VR too.

That should be out of this world.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Never heard of it... Will check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

mrcheez wrote: »
    Never heard of it... Will check it out

Only the Japanese would do what your man did in the opening of this video! :pac:

Sugoi!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,995 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

PSVR really is killing it at the moment, all the most interesting VR releases are on this system right now

(obviously Beat Saber is still a big thing on PCVR, but all the good stuff is suddenly arriving for PSVR at the same time)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Do we know if there will be physical version or just digital?

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Do we know if there will be physical version or just digital?

By the looks of it, it will be extremely physical. We'll all be in top shape for Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

By the looks of it, it will be extremely physical. We'll all be in top shape for Christmas!

boom boom :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Hi - I bought this back at launch and haven't used it much if I'm honest. I was wondering if there are any cool experiences available on it like walking around ancient room - really I;m wondering if there is educational aspect to it.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Danick wrote: »
    Hi - I bought this back at launch and haven't used it much if I'm honest. I was wondering if there are any cool experiences available on it like walking around ancient room - really I;m wondering if there is educational aspect to it.

Thanks

Skyrim VR is a lot like being a Viking. Probably.

Thanks

There's a titanic thing coming soon. download NextVR there's plenty of VR documentaries, free too.

Thanks

If you're going to get only one game, get Astro Bot.

If you don't like that, you will never like VR, and then at least you won't be bothered selling it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Thanks

there's a free barcelona thing just released

sweetie wrote: »
    there's a free barcelona thing just released

LOL! I just tried it. It could be the worst **** I've ever seen. Don't go near it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sweg

Hi,

I'm looking at buying a PSVR with a basic PlayStation.

Just wondering is there any good bundle deals out there?

Also, what are the "must-have" games to get?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Best to wait until Black Friday if you can.

This list and its updates at the bottom will point you in the right direction for must-have games - https://uploadvr.com/best-psvr-games/

If you're not used to VR remember to pick a game that isn't too intense. I started with Rush of Blood and it's an excellent game.

Well that list is wrong. Astro Bot is better than everything on PSVR.

Well that list is wrong. Astro Bot is better than everything on PSVR.

Having just completed Res Evil 7 I wholeheartedly agree.

Res Evil 7 is an 8 at most. It's good, but not Astro bot good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Rdwrer

You're both wrong. Moss is the best VR game. Then Astro Bot :)

You're both wrong. Moss is the best VR game. Then Astro Bot :)

I haven't actually played Moss yet (beyond the demo), looking to pick it up on sale over BF

I'll be giving Moss a go soon too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 206 ✭✭JustAYoungLad

Theres an ad up adverts for a psvr 2 with move controllers and two games for 230. Is this worth getting?

Theres an ad up adverts for a psvr 2 with move controllers and two games for 230. Is this worth getting?

hmm it only has Skyrim afaik?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 206 ✭✭JustAYoungLad

mrcheez wrote: »
    hmm it only has Skyrim afaik?

He put another game up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Hey folks. The missus is picking me up VR for Xmas ( Took months of suggesting ;) ).

I'm hoping to pick up a deal during BF. Has anyone any idea of where I should keep an eye out for the best deal/bundle?

Can't wait to join the gang :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,995 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Hey folks. The missus is picking me up VR for Xmas ( Took months of suggesting ;) ).

I'm hoping to pick up a deal during BF. Has anyone any idea of where I should keep an eye out for the best deal/bundle?

Can't wait to join the gang :)

Amazon have a few good bundle deals available

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Littlewoods Ireland €199.99 Starter Pack plus astro bot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Cheers folks :)

Advertisement