Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Why are his sabres like that and not Star Wars sabres?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭kegg

Anybody try beat saber yet? Very good but I had to give up due to a chest infection. ðŸ™

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Amazing game.

The campaign is actually really good I thought it was just be the 15 songs one after the other but its really tough and long will take a while to complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,757 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Burkie7 wrote: »
    Amazing game.

The campaign is actually really good I thought it was just be the 15 songs one after the other but its really tough and long will take a while to complete.

curious how the multiplayer works

• Registered Users Posts: 14,026 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Why are his sabres like that and not Star Wars sabres?

PS4 version so copyright?

• Advertisement

PS4 version so copyright?

I suppose, but it's allowed on the other versions. Was really hoping to hold a lightsaber.

Installing now, so I'm hoping the hype is real.

Pretty good so far, add me for highscores. Seems it only shows the top 10 in the world which is really ****.

PSN: hoorhouse

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Oh man Beat Saber is awesome. Really tough once you get to later tracks but so much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Hi all.

Long time ps4 player and see a good deal for VR in Smyths for €200.

I'm still a little worried that there doesn't seem to be any must buys.

Any recommendations from you guys?

Thanks

sticker wrote: »

:confused:

• Advertisement

I've only had the PSVR since Saturday and I'd already class Superhot, Astrobot Rescue and Beat Saber as must buys. Each fantastic games that make great use of VR, especially Astrobot which uses it in incredibly fun and imaginative ways.

I've spent more on gaming since I got VR than I ever have in decades PUT TOGETHER.

Must buys? There are ****loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

Astrobot Rescue Mission came today and now I can totally see what all the fuss is about!

For many, Mario 64 must have been a revelation in 3D platforming, Astrobot is the next revelation in the genre.

It's just perfectly executed and maximizes the use of VR, the tracking of the dual shock 4, and even the touchpad.

It's a legitimate work of art

What i'm playing in Astrobot is how I remember playing Mario 64. I know it wasn't in VR, but at the time it blew me away with the 3D, and this is the next evolution imo, and as Doge above agrees.

Has anyone picked up Creed: Rise to Glory? It's getting very good reviews, and I'm loving the look of it. Having not had a decent boxing game since, what was it, Fight Night Champion in 2011?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭kerplun k

What i'm playing in Astrobot is how I remember playing Mario 64. I know it wasn't in VR, but at the time it blew me away with the 3D, and this is the next evolution imo, and as Doge above agrees.

Has anyone picked up Creed: Rise to Glory? It's getting very good reviews, and I'm loving the look of it. Having not had a decent boxing game since, what was it, Fight Night Champion in 2011?

I honestly think its PSVRs killer app.
    I know some people will argue that VR is VRs killer app, but this really should be the face of PSVR. Its PSVRs answer to Halo, Mario, Uncharted, etc. Sony should really look into promoting the hell out of it, especially coming up to Christmas.
    You wanna feel like a child at Disney land? this is the game.

The music is pretty infectious too

Had this tune in my head for weeks after completing it: https://youtu.be/p3iXp9l67yk?list=PL4jUFKwCCT34wnO_0NHIM0ErPyCvHayA6&t=18

mrcheez wrote: »
    The music is pretty infectious too

Had this tune in my head for weeks after completing it: https://youtu.be/p3iXp9l67yk?list=PL4jUFKwCCT34wnO_0NHIM0ErPyCvHayA6&t=18

Ah yeah, what a tune.

That track really adds to the weird atmosphere of the cave with all the mushrooms and stuff.

I think it was the same and only track my friend hummed along to when playing it last night.
    He's a big Nintendo and Mario head and was seriously impressed by AstroBot.

But he won't invest in PSVR because he has a such a big back log and considers 200 euro for it "expensive" despite buying an iPad Pro a year or 2 back. :P

I was trying to point out that its next level tech and costs less than a mediocre Android Phone, but he's yet to be converted! ;)

The ambience of that tune reminds me of the underground cavern level music in Super Mario World

• Advertisement

The ambience of that tune reminds me of the underground cavern level music in Super Mario World

466646.png

No escape. :P

Someone may be able to help me. Issue I just discovered. I have the Turtlebeach XP510s. Great headphones. They have their own transmitter, Dolby support via optical. All still set up the same, but now the HDMI cable is going from PS4 through the processing unit for VR. I've set the audio on the PS4 to go via optical, as always, but I've lost Dolby support. If I change the HDMI to go straight from PS4 to tv, I get it back, but it just won't work with the PSVR.

Is this a known thing, or are my headphones too old? I know I need to upgrade, but I've had these about 6 years and they're brilliant! No complaints about them.

Should have mentioned, I'm not looking to use Dolby with VR, but it has worked on other games flawlessly. RDR2 is amazing with Dolby, but I can't use it now and I can hear the difference immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭kegg

Thought I'd give astrobot a go after all the hype.
    It's.....amazing! So immersive. A living cartoon.

Finally got an hour of Beat Saber last night. Just wow. I was grinning like a fool for the entire time. It's so well made, and even though I haven't had a 'hard' level yet, I can see how tough this is going to get. It's a must have for VR. Mind blown.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I already have an Oculus Rift, so hesitated for a moment before picking up a PSVR primarily for Astrobot and Tetris Effect yesterday.

After a few hours with each, I regret absolutely nothing.

I’ve only ever played a handful of non-Nintendo games I’d describe as ‘Nintendo-level good’, but Astrobot is one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Hi all.

Long time ps4 player and see a good deal for VR in Smyths for €200.

Any recommendations from you guys?

Thanks

Resident evil 7 would be the VR game I'd recommend more than any other I've played. It's a genuine terror inducing experience. I have Skyrim at home still in its plastic wrapper and I must give it a go soon.

Have any of you tried Déraciné yet? I'd love to hear people's thoughts on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Managed to get a couple of hours in astro bot last night and even with all the hyped up expectation I was blown away. It is just an unbelievable step up from anything else I've played.

Well just bought Beat Saber and couldn't put it down! PSVR is on a roll right now!

Man my shoulders are aching too. Great workout!

Well just bought Beat Saber and couldn't put it down! PSVR is on a roll right now!

Man my shoulders are aching too. Great workout!

Yeah was trying to do a level of beat saber where you have to move your arms a certain distance to pass the level. My shoulders are absolutely fooked and I still didn't pass the level

Such a fantastic game though. So simple but absolutely the type of game vr was made for.

• Advertisement

I had to google before I went to bed last night how to get 110 points per block, as I reckon the same level as you Penn got me. I played it about 6 times, and got 100% on the last go, but still not enough points. In case anyone wants to know:

Hitting the block at a 90 degree angle to get 70 points max. Cutting straight is not as important, but you have to follow through from the block by 60 degrees, so basically you have to swing backwards as if you were swinging an actual sword properly. That's 30 points more max. And the closer to the centre dot (imagine a dot on the ones that have directions) gives a further 10 points max.

The game can be easily played by barely moving your arms, and it's easier, but you get less points. Makes sense really, and the leaderboards will be very interesting as it's basically impossible to get 100% score.

Advertisement