Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,757 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

All I can say is I'm glad I got rid of my chandeliers!

Recessed lighting is a requisite for Beat Saber (or high ceilings!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

PSVR Frank has a good video giving tips on how to play better.

PSVR Frank has a good video giving tips on how to play better.

To be honest I think I've already reached my max capability and I'm only around level 11 :eek:

Will check it out as I think I need all the help I can get :)

Those disappearing arrows are a bitch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

mrcheez wrote: »
    To be honest I think I've already reached my max capability and I'm only around level 11 :eek:

Level 11 your alot better then me!, I cannot get beyond the first set of disappearing arrow levels, so level 7 i think!

Ramps up the difficulty fairly quick!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Level 11 is the one I'm stuck on. Hvaing to make your arms move more than 650m I think. The only time I even managed to complete the song I think I only got 380m or so and arms were wrecked after it.

• Advertisement

coolisin wrote: »
    I cannot get beyond the first set of disappearing arrow levels

The trick I've found with the disappearing arrows is that you need to keep your eyes focused on the distance and then hit the blocks using your peripheral vision.

Also you don't need to concentrate on "which direction" the arrows are pointing, rather "which side" had the last bit of white before it vanished. Then hit that side as it passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Rick n Morty 12.99 on PSN store. Any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Rick n Morty 12.99 on PSN store. Any good?

It's short but if you like Rick and Morty you'd probably like it.
    I enjoyed the cartoons so it was fun being in one!

The trick I've found with the disappearing arrows is that you need to keep your eyes focused on the distance and then hit the blocks using your peripheral vision.

Also you don't need to concentrate on "which direction" the arrows are pointing, rather "which side" had the last bit of white before it vanished. Then hit that side as it passes.

I've tried it about 10 times today, and every single time I hit 46. I can't do it.

I finally did it. Would much prefer a Guitar Hero style campaign for this.

• Advertisement

I've tried it about 10 times today, and every single time I hit 46. I can't do it.

what level?

That was 7 or 8 I think.

The music is pretty infectious too

Had this tune in my head for weeks after completing it: https://youtu.be/p3iXp9l67yk?list=PL4jUFKwCCT34wnO_0NHIM0ErPyCvHayA6&t=18

This has now become the latest tune stuck in my head

https://youtu.be/AsIStO2aifE?t=22

out.. OUT vile demon!

how many of ye are singing along with this while in game... admit it!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

This has now become the latest tune stuck in my head

https://youtu.be/AsIStO2aifE?t=22

out.. OUT vile demon!

how many of ye are singing along with this while in game... admit it!

That's the one that always gets stuck in my head too. Great tune in fairness.

I'm so glad "In Death" made the transfer over to PSVR faithfully

Now ye can all experience what I dubbed the greatest VR game of all time (recently dethroned by Astro Bot).

I've spent more time on this game on my Rift than any other in my life. Equally fun to pick up and play for short bouts, or extended sessions. It's a joy!

Looks good. Medieval Persistence.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Only 24 quid at the moment, so I took a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Was considering getting that. You just persuaded me to.... one day before payday. Damn you!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Can't do any of these games :( been waiting a month for Sony Support to get back to me on replacing a faulty #4 cable.

In Death is really good, but I think I need to play it sitting down, I keep losing my orientation with the camera.

I still have to wipe the lenses every 15 mins no matter what game too, that gets annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

Grayditch wrote: »
    In Death is really good, but I think I need to play it sitting down, I keep losing my orientation with the camera.

I still have to wipe the lenses every 15 mins no matter what game too, that gets annoying.

Is your room cold?

I find that leaving my Rift or PSVR above a radiator for a minute or 2, or less than a minute if its really hot helps eliminate the lenses fogging up.

It happens more with my rift as its in a colder room.

Also if youre just back from exercising or the gym that doens't help either.

Grayditch wrote: »

The best thing to do for fog is to just start the game with the headset on, then leave it down for about 10 minutes. Fog will be gone.

Cheers lads I'll give that a go. I think I used to do that but just forgor about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Lads and ladies,

Tetris VR or Beat Saber......which should I buy ? (only getting one for the moment as I already got Red Dead 2 and Battlefield 5 this month, and Super Smash is next week)

Can anyone tell me how good of a port Beat Saber is and how responsive it is to the motion controls....which can be awkward and not really responsive at the best of times....so I can only imagine when you have to swing them quickly how they'd work.
    I searched for reviews but there aren't many for PSVR as of yet.

Beat Saber if you have room and are prepared to work out.

Tetris if you prefer to sit down when playing.

Tracking is perfect on Beat Saber.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,026 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Lads is there any difference between the second and third choice here? I assumed the headset paired with Astro Bot was V1 as it's the same price as the V2 headset on it's own but they both seem to be V2.

Seem to be the same to me. Both appear to be V2, but i'd ask the seller beforehand just in case.

As for Tetris or Beat Saber, I can only recommend Beat Saber as I haven't played Tetris. Also didn't play Beat Saber on PC, so can't say how accurate they are in comparison, but I've had no issues that weren't my own fault so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,995 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Hmm to properly make that mega they should have included the Aim controller for Doom VFR

• Advertisement

That's real smart, PSVR has never been seen as so positive now. That could do well at Christmas.

Advertisement