Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Has the performance on the original ps4 with VR been compared to it on the pro yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

The the performance on the original ps4 with VR been compared to it on the pro yet?

No.

But rest assured, anyone that has tried it in Best Buy and other stores, have been playing it on the original PS4, this much has been verified several times now.

People have nothing by good things to say about it. In fact, i was watching a Youtube video by a Rift user yesterday, and he tried out the PSVR recently, tying to poke holes in it.

He was amazed to find virtually no Screen Door effect at all (i have found this to be pretty noticeable on the Rift), but more surprisingly, he says that the FOV is better on the PSVR (despite being 10 degrees less than spec'ed on the Rift / Vive). He thinks this may be down to the fact that the lenses are closer to your eyes. Video here

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    No.

But rest assured, anyone that has tried it in Best Buy and other stores, have been playing it on the original PS4, this much has been verified several times now.

People have nothing by good things to say about it. In fact, i was watching a Youtube video by a Rift user yesterday, and he tried out the PSVR recently, tying to poke holes in it.

He was amazed to find virtually no Screen Door effect at all (i have found this to be pretty noticeable on the Rift), but more surprisingly, he says that the FOV is better on the PSVR (despite being 10 degrees less than spec'ed on the Rift / Vive). He thinks this may be down to the fact that the lenses are closer to your eyes. Video here

Good so! I remember hearing somewhere can't remember now that the performance on the ps4 wouldn't be good enough hence the reason pro coming out bascially the same time.

Good so! I remember hearing somewhere can't remember now that the performance on the ps4 wouldn't be good enough hence the reason pro coming out bascially the same time.

Ya, i read that too. That was one developer though. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a Microsoft plant if i'm honest.

But what he said was, the original PS4 WAS not going to be bad, but this was before they implemented the breakout box into the fold

The review embargo ended today, and some reviews have already started pouring in. All positive so far.

Tech Radar are complaining that if you get up and move about, the camera loses sight of the headset or move controllers. They give out about it a few times in their article.

It's been stated many times that this headset is not a room scale job, and is meant to be used sitting. Man, those kind of reviews really annoy me, when they give out about a function that doesn't work, when it has already been stated that it is not intended for that function anyhow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

It's been stated many times that this headset is not a room scale job, and is meant to be used sitting. Man, those kind of reviews really annoy me, when they give out about a function that doesn't work, when it has already been stated that it is not intended for that function anyhow.

It not being room scale is oddly enough a plus for me, as I don't have the room for a room scale VR headset sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

You can sign up for PS VR trials here: http://www.trypsvr.com/en-ie

The Dublin date is 12th October and is at 1 Dame Lane

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

I have PSVR pre-ordered but my PS4 calfed it at the weekend. I'll have to wait until Pro comes out before trying it!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Can u bring someone with u or do they need to have their own slot. Not to try but to just be there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Can u bring someone with u or do they need to have their own slot. Not to try but to just be there

Not sure as it didn't say. It does say there'll be walk up spots available too so assume that means people without slots can come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Not sure as it didn't say. It does say there'll be walk up spots available too so assume that means people without slots can come in.

I did it it NY last week and it was just walk in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Which games are the ones that impressed the people who have tried it the most?... Is Battlezone an online multiplayer game?... Or is Rigs the only online VR game that will be released on launch (other than Pool Nation which I assume is also online)...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Which games are the ones that impressed the people who have tried it the most?... Is Battlezone an online multiplayer game?... Or is Rigs the only online VR game that will be released on launch (other than Pool Nation which I assume is also online)...

Battlezone is online multiplayer too. Wondering which of the two I should go for.

I really want to try the Robinson game

RedXIV wrote: »
    Battlezone is online multiplayer too. Wondering which of the two I should go for.

I really want to try the Robinson game

Yeah I am in 2 minds about Battlezone or Rigs... Might try the demo's first then decide which one to buy, hopefully my copy of Until Dawn keeps me occupied for a day or 2 anyways...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got a wheel, flight stick ,2 used move, 1 used nav (maybe they'll support sharpshooter or I can use it on PC with mouse). Still have to get the camera and pick up the headset.

Varik wrote: »
    Got a wheel, flight stick ,2 used move, 1 used nav (maybe they'll support sharpshooter or I can use it on PC with mouse). Still have to get the camera and pick up the headset.

I don't think the sharpshooter or the Navigation controller will be supported.

There is a new gun peripheral coming out with Farpoint, and it has the navigation controls integrated into it.

What wheel did you get?

I'm thinking of picking up a Thrustmaster, for the Force Feedback, but they are crazy expensive. I'd definitely have to go the 2nd hand route.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

There is a new gun peripheral coming out with Farpoint, and it has the navigation controls integrated into it.

What wheel did you get?

I'm thinking of picking up a Thrustmaster, for the Force Feedback, but they are crazy expensive. I'd definitely have to go the 2nd hand route.

I got a "warehouse deal" t150 Thrustmaster from Amazon, for about £115. Absolutely perfect condition, including outer packaging.

They were showing it off with sharpshooter originally, small chance but I can always use it on PC as a cheap replacement for WASD on certain games where I want mouse rather than a full controller.
    What wheel did you get?

Got a G29, off amazon in a sale was cheap enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭gmg678

7 days to go till we can get our hands on this. although it will be Friday till I get to play mine stupid job :(
    still not sure what games to buy with it. will try a few of the demos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I picked up a nearly new t150 for €100 on Adverts a few months back in anticipation of VR .

I picked up a nearly new t150 for €100 on Adverts a few months back in anticipation of VR .

Great deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Maysa07

Just Booked mine for the 13th, the 12th is booked out but it looks like it's running for a week or so.
    Definitely need to try it before i hand over the cash.

Cheers for the link!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

wondering what I should go for now, 2 move controller in cex will cost me 24 euro or amazon for 70 pounds but I have a 25 pound credit for amazon. Then there is the fact that these move controllers could plummet in price a few weeks after the release of the VR and even a bundle with vr and these could happen at launch.. oh 1st word problems LOL

CEX seem to have copped onto this and bumped the price to 25 each!!

mik_da_man wrote: »

I knew they would - I got one off them less than a month back for just €12. They're getting to be as bad as Gamestop

I lucked out, order 2 and a nav on Monday.

Thought they already upped the price they were less a while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Yeah got them last week for €24 for two, traded in 2 games against them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

Thanks for the link!

So anyone know where the hell it is on Street View?

398538.jpeg

Going to take a trip up from Cork especially for it!

Yeah the move controllers used to be 8euro each in CEX... Why did I not buy them :( ... Thats just made up my mind anyways, won't pay 25euro for a second hand Move controller where the battery could potentially be bad...

• Advertisement

Free To Play game which seems to include VR compatibility (maybe exclusive not sure) ... Just saw trailer on Facebook doesn't look too bad and is also out when the VR launches...

Advertisement