Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone know where I can get new batteries for a move controller that are cheap, probably won't explode, and won't be duds?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

2 move controllers for €50 plus shipping from Amazon Italy.
    For use with PSVR.

https://www.amazon.it/dp/B079JCLPBC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Just seen on the sale there now that resident evil bio hazard is 15€ great in vr...

Well first 2 mins is great I can't speak to the rest of the game as I noped the **** out of it after having a mild heart attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Great game.
    I would highly recommend playing it in VR. Scary as f**k

• Registered Users Posts: 13,757 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Finished it recently. Took me 14 hours. The game is huge!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

I've ordered a new psvr set from Smyths. I see the official TV mount in Amazon for the camera but says its not for version 2. I assume the camera bought today is not version 1?

Any good top mounted flat TV mounts out there from your experience?

Edit. This is the mount but comments suggest it won't work with ver 2 camera...

Playstation 4 Officially Licensed Clip for Playstation Camera (PS4) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00F63QTU6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_19JaCb4NJ7RRM

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

sticker wrote: »
    I've ordered a new psvr set from Smyths. I see the official TV mount in Amazon for the camera but says its not for version 2. I assume the camera bought today is not version 1?

Any good top mounted flat TV mounts out there from your experience?

Edit. This is the mount but comments suggest it won't work with ver 2 camera...

Playstation 4 Officially Licensed Clip for Playstation Camera (PS4) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00F63QTU6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_19JaCb4NJ7RRM

Thanks

You get one in the box with the psvr (at least I did!)

JimBurnley wrote: »
    You get one in the box with the psvr (at least I did!)

Thanks!

Anyone know of good deals on an external HDD for my PS4?

mrcheez wrote: »
    Anyone know of good deals on an external HDD for my PS4?

Dont shoot me but GameStop did on a 4tb Seagate may just have being a black Friday thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

In Death is so much easier with the DualShock. I liked using the move controllers for a bit but I was getting nowhere after a while.

The Mega Pack is on sale at the moment in Argos. HUKD have a deal on for the UK market, so might come across to the Argos.ie as well.

Anyone know where I can buy a physical copy of Tetris Effect in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,026 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Played a good 3 hours of Rec Room Paintball last night. So much fun. I couldn't put it down, and was standing in the 1 spot for about 2 hours without realising, until I went to walk and couldn't bend my legs! Serious good fun! Rec Room in general looks good, but I only really played the Paintball so far, and tried a few dunks in the community centre!

Rec Room still full of infants or has that been fixed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Adult babies and creeps

Really really to silence them, tell them to talk to the hand!

Paintball then Battle Royale is great craic didn't win a game yet, and laser tag.
    3areas I'd go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,026 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

There were a few dopes on it alright, specifically one who just wanted everyone to watch her fly. But met a few fine folks too, especially in the paintball. I'll give Battle Royale and Laser Tag a shot tonight.

Honestly speaking have any of you guys let young kids play psvr? I've one arriving next week and I've a 5 year old that loves my Samsung gear VR.

Is it a serious no no to let kids have short experiences of it.. Like a few minutes of suitable content?

Thanks

Honestly speaking have any of you guys let young kids play psvr? I've one arriving next week and I've a 5 year old that loves my Samsung gear VR.

Is it a serious no no to let kids have short experiences of it.. Like a few minutes of suitable content?

Thanks

Nobody knows what effects it would have on kids eyes as they are not fully developed, so 12 is the recommended age.

Grayditch wrote: »
    In Death is so much easier with the DualShock. I liked using the move controllers for a bit but I was getting nowhere after a while.

I bought it and it's a complete mess control wise. Bow is backwards infront of me and the highlight line is continuously veering to the left. Never had that before. What I did manage to play wasn't much good. Persistance is miles better. Hoping to get a refund. They shouldn't be allowed to release a game in that state.

• Advertisement

I bought it and it's a complete mess control wise. Bow is backwards infront of me and the highlight line is continuously veering to the left. Never had that before. What I did manage to play wasn't much good. Persistance is miles better. Hoping to get a refund. They shouldn't be allowed to release a game in that state.

Weird haven't heard anyone complaining about the controls. Perhaps post up on Reddit and see what others are saying.

I know they mentioned they have multiple control systems so perhaps explore the options.

Funny you mention The Persistence. That's the only PS4 game I've ever had to refund!

Was getting mad headaches from the blurry mess on screen. Granted I was playing on an OG so it might not be a problem on Pro, but Persistence was one I noped out of because of migraines and the weird focus issues with the menu being too close to your face.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

No, I thought the controls with the Move were fine, but it's very heavy on the arms to play for that long and intense when you get stuck with your back to the wall. The transport thing that you throw is good.

I just found for a long session and progress I went with the controller.

Nobody knows what effects it would have on kids eyes as they are not fully developed, so 12 is the recommended age.

OK thanks..

Anyone play space pirate trainer as yet?

Weird haven't heard anyone complaining about the controls. Perhaps post up on Reddit and see what others are saying.

I know they mentioned they have multiple control systems so perhaps explore the options.

Funny you mention The Persistence. That's the only PS4 game I've ever had to refund!

Was getting mad headaches from the blurry mess on screen. Granted I was playing on an OG so it might not be a problem on Pro, but Persistence was one I noped out of because of migraines and the weird focus issues with the menu being too close to your face.

Got it working now, it's ok. Game has no direction though, not sure how long it'll keep me interested.

Got it working now, it's ok. Game has no direction though, not sure how long it'll keep me interested.

It's essentially an arcade shooter although it does have levels that you complete with the aim of "finishing" the game, though in reality it doesn't really finish as you go through it with tougher enemies and more weapon unlocks. I believe they call the genre a "roguelike" or something where you die often but gradually get more powerful.

Be sure also to travel to the sanctuaries by shooting a teleport arrow into the holes where the phantoms come from.

It's really tough on the shoulders and I find it a great workout. The crossbow that you unlock later makes it a lot easier on the shoulders though and offers a completely different type of gameplay.

Anyone play space pirate trainer as yet?

I'm interested in this though I have loads of wave shooters.

If I didn't have any wave shooters this would probably be the one I'd go for.

I'm interested in this though I have loads of wave shooters.

If I didn't have any wave shooters this would probably be the one I'd go for.

It got a mention on a Youtube VR channel - But dont see a lot of reviews out there. Thanks

It got a mention on a Youtube VR channel - But dont see a lot of reviews out there. Thanks

Shugghead is good for in-depth reviews and pretty much my go-to for recommendations...

"PSVR Without Parole" are good too though they don't seem to have one up yet

• Advertisement

Shugghead is good for in-depth reviews and pretty much my go-to for recommendations...

"PSVR Without Parole" are good too though they don't seem to have one up yet

Many Thanks!

Advertisement