Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Flight stick drop in price the day it shipped to me, only by €10.

Anyone want a stick for valyrie, star wars (maybe), or war thunder Amazon now have Hotas 4 for cheaper.

The old Hotas X still works, and is heavily discounted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

For the lads getting Move controllers , this is the cheapest charging station that I can find . The move's will charge much quicker with this than usb .

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/222249958045?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I just bought one for €10.36 all in .

I know Cex have them listed cheaper , but they have no stock.

Varik wrote: »
    Flight stick drop in price the day it shipped to me, only by €10.

Anyone want a stick for valyrie, star wars (maybe), or war thunder Amazon now have Hotas 4 for cheaper.

The old Hotas X still works, and is heavily discounted.

Are you sure it will work with upcoming titles ?

I can only find ppl commenting on Warthunder ?

We'll keep this among us ;)
    http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&productId=824506

Are you sure it will work with upcoming titles ?

I can only find ppl commenting on Warthunder ?

We'll keep this among us ;)
    http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&productId=824506

Nope, works currently on war thunder but that game will let you use anything you plug into the console.

Be far safer to get the hotas 4, generally upgrade over the hotas X in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I had the opportunity to try PS VR today in New York today.
    I played Battlezone and Farpoint (with the custom light gun).
    The only VR I've tried is Gear VR so cant compare the PS VR with Rift or Vive.
    As has been mentioned by plenty of people, the headset is a classy piece of kit. It's easy to put on and off and it never felt uncomfortable. I had heard about the reduced viewing angle but in practice, it was not an issue. It didn't feel "narrow" or restrictive in anyway.
    The resolution was noticeably less than playing on your TV but with the 2 games I played, it never affected the game.
    Battlezone is a fairly simple looking game and I didn't notice any slowdown. Farpoint is more ambitious but again, I noticed no slowdown.
    The light gun for Farpoint was brilliant and really added to the immersion. Aiming down the sights and hitting far away targets was a breeze. I made it to the end of the Demo (dying twice) but the guys running the demo were impressed with how I performed :-)

I didn't get to try a game using the 2 move controllers. The dualshock was all that was needed for Battlezone. It's great to see the DS4 rendered in game. Again, it helps the immersion.

I'm still in 2 minds about getting the PS VR. My 2 questions are around the amount of quality games coming down the line and whether I have the room my living room for more equipment.
    If games like Battlefront, CoD & Battlefield support the new light gun in the future, it could really sway my decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Did you have any issues with motion sickness on farpoint? I got queezy pretty much instantly on it but was fine on another game I tried. Crapped myself the first time a spider jumped at me! I can't remember the name of the other game I tried but it was pretty good, used the 2 move controllers and it was really slick changing magazines to reload.

Like you I think space would be an issue for me to get the most out of it currently.

Got my 2 used Move controllers, 1 was that special kind of child sticky so gave both a good cleaning.

When I get it I'll have to try out a few headphones/earphones, no need for a mic one.

rgb vs pentile screens as with the others seems to have paid off, and Pro (for far point) does have an improved resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Did you have any issues with motion sickness on farpoint? I got queezy pretty much instantly on it but was fine on another game I tried. Crapped myself the first time a spider jumped at me! I can't remember the name of the other game I tried but it was pretty good, used the 2 move controllers and it was really slick changing magazines to reload.

Like you I think space would be an issue for me to get the most out of it currently.

No motion sickness but I nearly fell over out of fright :-)
    It's weird and confusing at first as the game renders your legs so when you push on the analogue stick, you see the legs moving but your real legs need to stay still.
    I think Farpoint could be played sitting down easily enough though. All the games I've seen could be played while seated actually.

I have said it before on here that not long after the Pro is released , ppl will soon realize the performance benefits of the pro will trounce the vanilla PS4 . I know that Sony are saying that all is good with the vanilla PS4 , but what is the point of the pro if that's the case. The 4k thing is misdirection by Sony as they need to clear out vanilla stock .

Soon after release of the pro , Sony will release a firmware upgrade to unleash the Pro for VR ... or the update could be before the release .

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Are you saying that a more powerful console will IMPROVE how games perform? Thanks Nostradamus!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

pcadhain wrote: »
    Are you saying that a more powerful console will IMPROVE how games perform? Thanks Nostradamus!

Same as the way PC's blow consoles out of the water at the moment. Faster consoles will do the same thing.

Are these sold out have one reserved but don't want it at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Has anyone else signed up for the demo next week in Dublin? I'm booked in for 30 minutes on Thursday night, rightly looking forward to seeing what it's all about. It'll be my first experience with PSVR, but I have had some experience with the Oculus 2nd generation dev kit and was impressed but not overly so.

I'm looking forward to seeing what PSVR brings to the table. If I was to buy into VR it'd be the device that it would ride on because I would not be willing to spend what the Rift or Vive would demand, nor do I game on PC at all. It's great seeing how well the VR is reviewing so far though!

pcadhain wrote: »

If you bothered to read what some ppl have been saying in this thread you would realize that there seems to be an impression that the vanilla will be fine for vr . It will not be long before ppl see just how much vr is handicapped with the vanilla ps4 .

The vanilla is using an equivalent 7870 gpu whereas the pro is on an rx480 spec . The pro will be at least 50% faster than vanilla .

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

I really regret getting an Xbox this time round...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I was in gamestop today, just an FYI, they are selling the new camera for 60 quid, and double pack of move controllers for 80 quid. No mention of any bundles at the moment.

Just to keep people updated of (expensive) options

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Does anyone have this preorderes from Smyth's? I preordered ages ago but they have a notice on there website saying they won't be able to fill all the preorders.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭gmg678

iamtony wrote: »
    Does anyone have this preorderes from Smyth's? I preordered ages ago but they have a notice on there website saying they won't be able to fill all the preorders.
    when did you preorder this? from online or store? I think its for people preordering now.

gmg678 wrote: »
    when did you preorder this? from online or store? I think its for people preordering now.

Just checked my emails it was the 29th of March when I preordered so hopefully I am top of the list and shouldn't have a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Amazon promises to fulfil all the pre-orders by mid December, damn long time to wait, hopefully Smith will be more efficient.

• Advertisement

Just checked my emails it was the 29th of March when I preordered so hopefully I am top of the list and shouldn't have a problem.
    mine was in June. It was done in store though. so hopefully that will be a good sign.

mine was in June. It was done in store though. so hopefully that will be a good sign.
    Did you already give them a deposit or anything?
    Its Thursday when this is released isn't it? I had Wednesday in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

Thursday, 13th of October.
    I have an email from Smyths dates 22 of March with preorder, it says:

Thank you for placing your PreOrder with www.smythstoys.com

Your order number is: XXXXXXXXXXX

No payment has been taken. The price at the time of PreOrder may not be the price you pay when the item is available. As part of Smyths Toys Price Promise, we will always offer the lower price.

As this is for a preorder item that is not currently in stock, we will send you another email closer to the time that your order is ready to be collected in your chosen store.

The estimated availability date is Oct 2016.

Whats Next?
    You will receive an email confirming that your item is ready for collection.

but still haven't received any other emails in regards to this preorder.

yeah gave a deposit. yeah Thursday it will be released. we will have to see now what the story is on Thursday.

yeah gave a deposit. yeah Thursday it will be released. we will have to see now what the story is on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

lads Paid a deposit to Gamestop of 20 euro, whats the story with that if I decide to buy elsewhere say a good bundle becomes available in argos on the day, will they refund me the money as store store credit? obviously would not be looking for cash back as I understand the idea of a deposit

jontr wrote: »
    Thursday, 13th of October.
    I have an email from Smyths dates 22 of March with preorder, it says:

Thank you for placing your PreOrder with www.smythstoys.com

Your order number is: XXXXXXXXXXX

No payment has been taken. The price at the time of PreOrder may not be the price you pay when the item is available. As part of Smyths Toys Price Promise, we will always offer the lower price.

As this is for a preorder item that is not currently in stock, we will send you another email closer to the time that your order is ready to be collected in your chosen store.

The estimated availability date is Oct 2016.

Whats Next?
    You will receive an email confirming that your item is ready for collection.

but still haven't received any other emails in regards to this preorder.

Exact same as mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

If you bothered to read what some ppl have been saying in this thread you would realize that there seems to be an impression that the vanilla will be fine for vr . It will not be long before ppl see just how much vr is handicapped with the vanilla ps4 .

The vanilla is using an equivalent 7870 gpu whereas the pro is on an rx480 spec . The pro will be at least 50% faster than vanilla .

The PSVR has been reviewed by multiple sites already and has been given good-to-great review scores. How exactly does a new console being released make the experience you get on the original PS4 worse?

I agree, the PS4 Pro + PSVR will be a sight to see, but its release won't impact the performance of the original in any way.

lads Paid a deposit to Gamestop of 20 euro, whats the story with that if I decide to buy elsewhere say a good bundle becomes available in argos on the day, will they refund me the money as store store credit? obviously would not be looking for cash back as I understand the idea of a deposit
    I think it will depend on the store/staff. current theme is that it is non refundable. but you might get someone sound enough to let you change it up and have store credit.
    if you can get a bundle on the day without preorder far deuce to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭rabwaygal

I never pre-ordered. Said I would take my chance with Argos. I'm just hoping that they put a bundle together for Day1.

Advertisement