Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

I'd be very surprised if there isn't some extra stock around unless stock levels are very low. I'd say a lot of people won't even collect their pre order

• Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Money came out of my account but no email from gamestop yet hope it comes tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

stevexo wrote: »
    Their twitter said to check with their stores directly for more information.
    Smyth's said they won't have extra stock either.
    Argos will have them but does anyone have any idea when they update their site with new products? Should we expect a midnight addition to try nab one?

Not sure if the system will update at midnight, maybe the best time they would is after 6pm? ... Or possibly tomorrow?... I know from the catalog that it is available for €400 and the catalog number is there, maybe ringing the shops tomorrow they might have an idea of how much stock and may be fit to give us a reservation?...

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

rafi bomb wrote: »
    I'd be very surprised if there isn't some extra stock around unless stock levels are very low. I'd say a lot of people won't even collect their pre order

You will be surprised :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

TheDoc wrote: »
    Interested to see what the early adopters say.

Tbh I've no interest in this for gaming, but Netflix and Blu-ray through it sound really good .

I was looking forward to the cinema mode, but every single review I've read has commented on how poorly it comes across. Most seem to describe it as sitting close to a large standard def television. It's probably where the low resolution of the panel hurts it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

So any guinea pigs going to the PSVR demo in Dame Lane (apparently) tomorrow? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Got a PM about for the catalogue number for the PS VR in Argos so may be of use to others also, it is :

572/2015

Not showing up online at the minute anyways...

Just looking at the catalogue now it turns out it says the following on the page (page 1629) of the catalogue:

"Check and Reserve in a store of your choice, call (01) 216 1616"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Doge wrote: »
    So any guinea pigs going to the PSVR demo in Dame Lane (apparently) tomorrow? :D

Heading down on Thursday night after work, can't bloody wait!

Is their word on when the second batch of units will be available after the initial launch release on Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

Deedsie wrote: »
    Ya I'm booked in tomorrow after work. Looking forward to it now.

Be sure to let the rest of us know where the hell it is! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Not in today but will be in on Saturday, am hoping to get some ideas of what games to buy for the one I pick up tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,323 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

I was looking forward to the cinema mode, but every single review I've read has commented on how poorly it comes across. Most seem to describe it as sitting close to a large standard def television. It's probably where the low resolution of the panel hurts it.

Definitely. Even a Vive is not up to scratch with regard to movie playback, not to mention being an uncomfortable experience for such a sedentary activity.
    It's a novelty worth trying out, but that's as far as it goes with the current level of VR technology, and the PSVR is not likely to even measure up to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Caillte

I'm going on Thursday night. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Got a PM about for the catalogue number for the PS VR in Argos so may be of use to others also, it is :

572/2015

Not showing up online at the minute anyways...

Just looking at the catalogue now it turns out it says the following on the page (page 1629) of the catalogue:

"Check and Reserve in a store of your choice, call (01) 216 1616"

Rang that number there.

It reads out the correct price, but it does say the product has not been released yet.

It then goes on to say the item cannot be reserved, but it is available to purchase instore, so visit the store. Seems like a generic message to me.

I had prebooked with Amazon, and all along, they told me that the PSVR would dispatch on 15/10/2016, arriving 20/21st October.

Got an email off them last night, at like 12:35am, saying payment had been declined. Hadn't a clue what was going on, as they are not meant to charge until the item dispatches out. So I got on to them, and they attempted to charge an old credit card, that I had deleted off my account well over 12 months ago - strange. They also changed my delivery dates, so dispatch is now 13th October, with expected delivery 18th/19th October.

Think i'll still attempt Argos in the mean time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Just got a call from gamestop in the cresent shopping centre Limerick, Said my PSVR will be ready for collection tomorrow, I asked did they have any bundles or deals on offer and they said no... Ah well i'm sure there will be plenty of great deals on games between now and christmas, hopefully black Friday and the sterling exchange rate will be kind, also hopefully Sony might give a free psvr game with playstation plus... it would make sense to include VR worlds at some stage

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Sounds tempting, hoping Argos have there own bundle but if not may just get that deal... Still need to get the camera maybe Argos will have it for 50euro as its 60 in gamestop while 50 in smyths...

Amazon seem to be selling a new camera for £39 released tomorrow..Better value

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Got an email off them last night, at like 12:35am, saying payment had been declined. Hadn't a clue what was going on, as they are not meant to charge until the item dispatches out. So I got on to them, and they attempted to charge an old credit card, that I had deleted off my account well over 12 months ago - strange. They also changed my delivery dates, so dispatch is now 13th October, with expected delivery 18th/19th October.

Strange that. I had ordered something from Amazon and got card declined as well, despite the card being fine. I think Amazon were trying to cover their tracks as the item should have been delivered today, but hadn't even been sent. When I tried the card again, magically it went through, but the ship date moved out to the 24th......

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭gmg678

just got text from Smyths:
    PlayStation VR will be available at your local Smyths Toys Superstore tomorrow AM.
    please collect by COB Friday 14/10/16
    Failure to collect this item will result in loss of deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Went to the PS VR Demo in Dame Lane last night, and I suppose it would be fair to say that it was decent.

Overall there was some good experiences that could put you into a VR world and you could interact with things quite well, but nothing that stood out as an amazing game. We'll have a more detailed write up later on the site.

If it moved the needle on the Going-to-Buy-It-o-meter, it went from "Not Interested" to "This is OK, actually", but not as far as "Hell, yeah, I need this Day One"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Went to the PS VR Demo in Dame Lane last night, and I suppose it would be fair to say that it was decent.

Overall there was some good experiences that could put you into a VR world and you could interact with things quite well, but nothing that stood out as an amazing game. We'll have a more detailed write up later on the site.

If it moved the needle on the Going-to-Buy-It-o-meter, it went from "Not Interested" to "This is OK, actually", but not as far as "Hell, yeah, I need this Day One"

What demo's did you try ?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

gmg678 wrote: »
    PlayStation VR will be available at your local Smyths Toys Superstore tomorrow AM.

When did you preorder? Did you pay deposit in store or preordered online?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

jontr wrote: »

Sound like deposit in store. For the online orders they normally take the money the night before or on the morning and saying you will receive another email when its ready to collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Anyone received confirmation from Smyth?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

Not yet, preordered online, still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭gmg678

jontr wrote: »
    gmg678 wrote: »

preorder in store. 20 deposit. end of June was when it was preordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

VR arrived a few mins ago from Gamestop

Unearthly wrote: »

Sick Day tomorrow so? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You calling in dead to work?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'm so sickened I ordered from Amazon. Ordered on the 24th March, and won't get to play the feckin thing until Friday week.

Gerry,

Get it sent to a parcel motel address. You'll have it in 3 days. Or give prime a try and you have it next day.

• Advertisement

Should have ordered it online from GameStop. They have it in stock but won't give them out until tomorrow, despite posting them out early for online orders

Advertisement