Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Now now guys, if I somehow end up with a flu, it's by pure coincidence

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Should have ordered it online from GameStop. They have it in stock but won't give them out until tomorrow, despite posting them out early for online orders

Gamestop have no way of doing bundles for their online orders after the fact, missed out on PS4 bundle with them when I pre-ordered online.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Reading on reddit there's an additional optional calibration that improves things a lot compared to the basic start up one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

VR headset sitting at home but won't be able to play it for a month. Be like torture looking at box and not being able to use it!

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

VR headset sitting at home but won't be able to play it for a month. Be like torture looking at box and not being able to use it!

I suppose you can rent PS4 if this is so painful to wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Here is the link on Reddit about the advanced calibration:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/5731qk/psa_use_the_calibration_options_within_the_ps4/
    The initial startup calibration is very basic. There's a better detailed calibration in the VR options in the ps4 settings toolbox.
    It asks you to hold (not wear) the headset closely and towards the camera to calibrate each light from each side.
    Also, it calibrates each controller/move lighting.
    And the most important, I think, it calibrates your eyes. Finding the distance between them, within the center of your eyes (it takes a close up photo of your face). Then asks to move a crosshair to find the center of your eyes.
    I was using my VR for a few hours and noticed the far distant stuff seemed flat. After the calibration I was able to see depth much farther. And looking down over ledges seemed much more realistic. And stuff near you had an even greater effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Denisoftus wrote: »
    I suppose you can rent PS4 if this is so painful to wait.

Can you do that? I remember renting older consoles back in the day alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Just ordered the following from Amazon

Driveclub VR
    Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
    VR Worlds

Grand total of €70. They would cost €100 here give or take a few cents.

I did sign up for the Prime trial just there, but don't see any option to change the delivery. Might send them a cheeky chat there now.

Worth mentioning, that I for £2 off each of those games, as well as free delivery, for the Prime membership

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Tried out the London Heist demo at the Dame Lane event at lunchtime.

First impression was that it was very immersive and the controls were intuitive.

Shooting felt very natural and within a minute or so, you're fairly used to the whole feeling.

The game itself is very much a tech demo and the graphics were more functional than mind blowing.

Very weird feeling at the end taking off the headset and being back in a room with loads of people!

The thoughts of playing Resident Evil 7 with it fill me with fear though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭gmg678

I have decided to get Batman and either Here They Lie or Until Dawn.
    what are others getting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Tried out the London Heist demo at the Dame Lane event at lunchtime.

First impression was that it was very immersive and the controls were intuitive.

Shooting felt very natural and within a minute or so, you're fairly used to the whole feeling.

The game itself is very much a tech demo and the graphics were more functional than mind blowing.

Very weird feeling at the end taking off the headset and being back in a room with loads of people!

The thoughts of playing Resident Evil 7 with it fill me with fear though!!

Do you have a choice of what to play? I'm heading along later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Mine arrived this morning from Gamestop online - Anyone opened theirs up yet? Does it come with a demo disk or should I pick up VR worlds on the way home from work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Danick wrote: »
    Mine arrived this morning from Gamestop online - Anyone opened theirs up yet? Does it come with a demo disk or should I pick up VR worlds on the way home from work?

it comes with a demo disc

Thanks a million for your reply - what are your first impressions?

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭gmg678

Danick wrote: »
    it comes with 8 demos in eu. but if you have a US account you get 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Do you have a choice of what to play? I'm heading along later.

Think it was just the stuff on the PS VR Worlds demo that were available. I asked about DriveClub but they didn't have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 yunthunter

Has anyone heard from Smyths or been on to them today? I pre-ordered online for store collection at the end of March, but am getting worried as haven't heard anything yet.

yunthunter wrote: »
    Has anyone heard from Smyths or been on to them today? I pre-ordered online for store collection at the end of March, but am getting worried as haven't heard anything yet.

I haven't received anything, but if ordered in March you should be alright, I pre-ordered in July, I doubt I'd be getting anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Got my order has shipped email from Gamestop :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

The future is here :p

IMAG0249.jpgupload pictures online

• Advertisement

Just received from smyths:
    Smyths Toys Order In Progress
    Please do not travel to your chosen store until you have received a further email confirming your order is ready for collection!

Fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Just received from smyths:

Fingers crossed :)

Just got this aswell, roll on tomorrow! It better be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I need to lay down after playing drive club. My god

This is going to be great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Yeah played some stuff in Dame Lane today. The shootout demo was pretty cool, became intense once I knew what I was doing.

The shark demo thing was also pretty cool, I'd definitely be playing with headphones if I ever got one

Football one after that, was very tech demo style but it was responsive to different type of headers.

I wouldn't go out spending €400 on one just yet after today.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

Smyths taken the money about an hour ago from me, collection in store. Their email never mentioned being charged, only something about a 1c charge, best not be looking for money in store tomorrow haha.

lankz92 wrote: »
    Smyths taken the money about an hour ago from me, collection in store. Their email never mentioned being charged, only something about a 1c charge, best not be looking for money in store tomorrow haha.

Which bank gives you instant update? I can only know two days later when money taken from Visa :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Which bank gives you instant update? I can only know two days later when money taken from Visa :(

Most banks are instant. Smiths always take the money when they send that email, so if you got the mail the money is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Rang local Argos today (Monaghan) gave the catalogue number for her to check and she said you can't buy today but I asked would they have stock tomorrow to sell and she said yeah (was thinking Monaghan may get 0 stock as it's not a big place)... So if you go to Argos tomorrow at opening time I am sure all Argos stores will have stock...

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Rang local Argos today (Monaghan) gave the catalogue number for her to check and she said you can't buy today but I asked would they have stock tomorrow to sell and she said yeah (was thinking Monaghan may get 0 stock as it's not a big place)... So if you go to Argos tomorrow at opening time I am sure all Argos stores will have stock...

yeah was told there's no "pre-order" but they will be getting them tomorrow and it's first come first served.

• Advertisement

I love it - best bit of kit I have bought in years - even my wife liked it - especially when she went underwater in VR worlds - she has seen "Her" and she thinks the PS VR confirms her fears that I will be married to a VR machine in the next couple of years! Seriously though Drive Club makes you feel you are sitting in a real car - I was only using the dualshock but I imagine a wheel with force feedback, petals and gear stick would really fool you into thinking you were driving a real car. I also liked the tank game - that is all I have tried on the demo disk this evening - I have to say that I am well impressed! Looking forward to the new media player update tomorrow? Has anyone else got theirs yet and if so what demos/games did you like?

Advertisement