Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Just seen this reported on reliable PSVR page....

Blood & Truth from @LondonStudioHQ has been updated to take advantage of PS5 on PSVR.

Higher resolution
    Higher framerate (up to 90 fps)
    Highest detail assets used at all times
    Improved texture details
    Deadly, this is exactly the type of update I was hoping to hear! Hopefully more devs follow suit

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    Deadly, this is exactly the type of update I was hoping to hear! Hopefully more devs follow suit

apparently it's a patch to enable a "Boost mode" built into the PS5

https://www.psu.com/news/ps5-boost-mode-explained-how-it-enhances-ps5-ps4-games/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I was in 2 minds about getting rid of the PSVR, but with shops closed I can't trade in anyway, so happy to hear some VR games will be getting patches. Of all the VR games I've played, I don't think I've finished a single one, so will at least get to try them out on the 5 before I trade (which I definitely will at some stage, to make room for the eventual PSVR2... or a Quest 2)

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Anyone receive their adapter yet? Signed up for it but no word yet.

Anyone receive their adapter yet? Signed up for it but no word yet.
    No, haven't heard anything since the initial confirmation email from Sony that I had registered for it.
    Really hope it arrives soon though as once my PS5 arrives I want to put my PS4 into storage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I have a feeling it will be next week. Sony are staggering its release per jurisdiction so hopefully next week.

PS5 can't play 3D BluRay apparently... That's me out for upgrading unless they patch it in

3D BluRay is one of the most used things on my PS4 whether it's on my 3DTV or PSVR

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

mrcheez wrote: »
    PS5 can't play 3D BluRay apparently... That's me out for upgrading unless they patch it in

3D BluRay is one of the most used things on my PS4 whether it's on my 3DTV or PSVR

Isn't it pretty much a dead format though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭kerplun k

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Isn't it pretty much a dead format though?

I Think we’ll see a resurgence after the Avatar sequels.

Hollywood destroyed any enthusiasm when they start converting films to 3D that were never intended to be viewed in 3D.

They converted almost every tentpole so they could lump on an extra 5 quid, just so we could see some cheap 3D effect, through a dulled down screen because of the glasses. It wasn’t great value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

As much as I'm of 3d blurays myself this is a pain but not a reason to drop out.
    Very few new 4k TV's come with 3d capabilities.

Which is a pity, as the extra pixel count would make the likes of passive setup great, which obviously benefits an upgraded headset.

Granted I do prefer the passive setup over the flickering, another thing to charge setup/sync but that is a different chat altogether :D

• Advertisement

coolisin wrote: »
    As much as I'm of 3d blurays myself this is a pain but not a reason to drop out.

It's reason enough for me. Pretty much every BluRay I own is 3D and I only buy 3D BluRays.

The PS4 will remain in place until it can be fully replaced, but that means the replacement has to do everything the existing one does.

It's reason enough for me. Pretty much every BluRay I own is 3D and I only buy 3D BluRays.

The PS4 will remain in place until it can be fully replaced, but that means the replacement has to do everything the existing one does.

I have a ton of 3d blurays so I feel your pain.
    I got a 4k Tv with its matching Bluray player that plays 3d blurays but just not on my 4k TV!
    I always used the PS3 or 4 as my 3d player to watch on my 3d TV in a separate room.

I love holding onto electronics :D

I got a 4k Tv with its matching Bluray player that plays 3d blurays but just not on my 4k TV!

I might actually go the projector route if 4K 3DTVs become extinct! Get the added benefit of more space if the TV is removed from the living room and replaced with a fold-up ceiling projector screen

Well I've just dug out several of my old Game and Watches from the 80s to compare to my new Super Mario Game & Watch so I think I've still managed to hold onto any electronics I've received since I've been alive ;)

has anyone head anything at all about the PS5 PSVR adapter yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Very few new 4k TV's come with 3d capabilities.

I thought they went the way of the dodo two or three years ago?

I thought they went the way of the dodo two or three years ago?

The industry does appear to be moving away from them, which is odd as watching Gravity or Doctor Strange or Blade Runner 2049 in full 3D on my 55" are some of the most enjoyable home cinema moments I've had.

I wonder was there a motion sickness problem for some similar to those that don't like VR :)

The industry does appear to be moving away from them, which is odd as watching Gravity or Doctor Strange or Blade Runner 2049 in full 3D on my 55" are some of the most enjoyable home cinema moments I've had.

I wonder was there a motion sickness problem for some similar to those that don't like VR :)

Throw Avatar in there also, for an amazing 3d experience.
    Huge fan of 3d movies at home.

3d at home never took off as peoples experience of 3d was in the cinema and it was meh as they started to add it to everything.
    Watch Sense and Sensibility in 3D (never happened)
    But to watch it at home is a completely different experience and a better overall experience.

The next hurdle was the active glasses, convince someone to spend €1k on a 3D tv with 2 sets of glasses each pair of glasses need to be synced and charged up to watch the TV and they are a little expensive to buy more sets.
    Active glasses could give you a headache/motion sickness a little.

Passive glasses reduced image quality.

Final hurdle is getting people to sit at home and wear the glasses!

Also to confuse the consumer with 2 standards has people not buying into it.

There is new really fascinating tech coming regarding 3d/holograms/projectors but I imagine that will be more for museums public display and theme park rides.
    The glasses will sync individually to a system so everyone has a different angle as to what they are looking at.

Its not a dead tech, but slightly dead for home use!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

has anyone head anything at all about the PS5 PSVR adapter yet?

Was thinking the same thing, has anyone got theirs yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Was thinking the same thing, has anyone got theirs yet?

Nope - Got a confirmation email from Sony but nothing arrived as yet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I always used the PS3 or 4 as my 3d player to watch on my 3d TV in a separate room.

Didn't realise the PSVR played 3d, anywhere I can check out reviews or could ye recommend some please? they seem pretty cheap on CEX. cheers

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote: »
    Didn't realise the PSVR played 3d, anywhere I can check out reviews or could ye recommend some please? they seem pretty cheap on CEX. cheers

What sorta flicks are you into?

Dredd 3D is amazing. Avatar, Life of Pi, Gravity, Blade Runner 2049, Doctor Strange... actually most of the Marvel movies are great, especially Guardians of the Galaxy 1 + 2

The Hobbit flicks are good too... go for the extended editions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Dredd 3D is amazing. Avatar, Life of Pi, Gravity, Blade Runner 2049, Doctor Strange... actually most of the Marvel movies are great, especially Guardians of the Galaxy 1 + 2

cheers, seen a few of those mentioned. I like arthouse, indie, sci-fi, horror, thrillers mainly but am partial to a superhero blockbuster too now and then.
    Will try a couple of those thanks

cheers, seen a few of those mentioned. I like arthouse, indie, sci-fi, horror, thrillers mainly but am partial to a superhero blockbuster too now and then.
    Will try a couple of those thanks

Prometheus is one on my must-buy list too.. haven't seen that one in 3D yet, but I do love that flick so I'd say it's great in 3D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

This was my go to guide when I went on a binge of buying 3D Blurays:

https://www.cinemablend.com/3d/

Just bare in mind that its reviewing the 3d effect solely and not the movie itself.

Use IMDB ratings to see if the movie was any good.

Only watched Avatar 3 weeks ago with my friend in Bigscreen, Hugo next, and Jurassic World a few days ago.

Still getting some mileage out of the Bluray drive i bought for my PC. :)

Doge wrote: »
    This was my go to guide when I went on a binge of buying 3D Blurays:

https://www.cinemablend.com/3d/

Just bare in mind that its reviewing the 3d effect solely and not the movie itself.

Use IMDB ratings to see if the movie was any good.

Only watched Avatar 3 weeks ago with my friend in Bigscreen, Hugo next, and Jurassic World a few days ago.

Still getting some mileage out of the Bluray drive i bought for my PC. :)

Hugo is amazing... not the sort of movie I would have bothered with but it's a superb watch in 3D and great story to boot

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Forgot I had Dredd 3D and Hobbit Part 1 EE in 3D. Must try Dredd out. The Slo Mo effects in the cinema were some of the best use of 3D I've seen

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Just got a mail from Sony confirming that my camera adaptor is on the way and will take 3-6 working days. Great news.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Just came to post that. Sweet!

Just got a mail from Sony confirming that my camera adaptor is on the way and will take 3-6 working days. Great news.
    Same here! Deadly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Same here! Deadly!

Ditto. Soon be able to psvr with extra juice!

Advertisement