Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Got my adapter in the post this morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Anyone else get their adapter ? Coming up to day 6 and no tracking link

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Anyone else get their adapter ? Coming up to day 6 and no tracking link

Got mine this morning. No tracking or dispatch mail. Just acknowledgement when ordered last month, then arrived today

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Hoping to get it today. I've only had a launch day PS4 so never got to experience PS4 Pro VR. Looking forward to seeing the improvement in some of my games!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Waiting on mine. PS5 is sitting in front of the tv as decided to wait until I got the adaptor before rearranging things and messing with cables

• Advertisement

For anyone that got the adaptor, how big is the box? Like does it fit through the letterbox?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    For anyone that got the adaptor, how big is the box? Like does it fit through the letterbox?

Letterbox is fine. Not even a jiffy bag, hard cardboard flat package

Thanks. Have something on for work I can't leave tomorrow and would probably be the time the postman would come. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Thanks. Have something on for work I can't leave tomorrow and would probably be the time the postman would come. :)

Leave a note on the door to leave it in the green bin or something if worried about missing parcels :)

You can make arrangements or collect at the parcel office anyway. Nothing today either. Heard something loud being dropped through but was just a Christmas brochure/catalogue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I have been playing Wolfenstein Cyberpilot for a bit earlier. It's quite good.

Jordan 199 wrote: »

Played it last year. Really enjoyed it. Short but sweet

You can make arrangements or collect at the parcel office anyway. Nothing today either. Heard something loud being dropped through but was just a Christmas brochure/catalogue

Same , think all delivery services under pressure today anyway

€5.99 on the PlayStation Store until the 30th of November if anyone is interested.

Is it on rails, or do you actually control your mech?

Thought Archangel was a bit boring so wondering if this is similar

mrcheez wrote: »
    Is it on rails, or do you actually control your mech?

Thought Archangel was a bit boring so wondering if this is similar
    You do. I was ramming and burning Nazi's to death last night. I only really scratched the surface, but so far so good.

:confused: still no sign of my adapter

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

SomeSayKos wrote: »

Nor me.

Got an email on the 18th Nov saying its on the way. From where, Jupiter?:p

I am in the same boat, jesus be lucky to see it this side of xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Nor me.

Got an email on the 18th Nov saying its on the way. From where, Jupiter?:p

Same here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

SomeSayKos wrote: »

Same here!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 12 RareMan

Same here.

I do want to give a shout out to this lad on ebay. (https://www.ebay.ie/itm/PS4-AUX-Port-to-USB-3-0-Playstation-camera-adapter-Unofficial-PSVR-Dev-kit/143813295033?hash=item217bf0bbb9:g:ARAAAOSwgZJfdhR~)

He developed this years ago for PC development, but he confirmed it works with PS5. I picked one up there, just in case I run into further issues getting my adaptor from Sony. (I'll still chase after it, because I would rather use the first party option, obviously.) It does mean I will have a backup though :)

Speaking of, people are even scalping the PS Camera to PS5 adaptor on ebay :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

RareMan wrote: »
    Same here.

I do want to give a shout out to this lad on ebay. (https://www.ebay.ie/itm/PS4-AUX-Port-to-USB-3-0-Playstation-camera-adapter-Unofficial-PSVR-Dev-kit/143813295033?hash=item217bf0bbb9:g:ARAAAOSwgZJfdhR~)

He developed this years ago for PC development, but he confirmed it works with PS5. I picked one up there, just in case I run into further issues getting my adaptor from Sony. (I'll still chase after it, because I would rather use the first party option, obviously.) It does mean I will have a backup though :)

Speaking of, people are even scalping the PS Camera to PS5 adaptor on ebay :mad:

Fair play to that ebay chap - the scalpers - Jaesus H

you all have your PS5's yeah? Thought they were supposed to be unavailable

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Adapter arrived this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 12 RareMan

Not yet. I just want to have everything ready when it does arrive. I'm transferring all my PS4 games to a single hard drive as we speak.

No matter when my PS5 arrives, I want to be ready to just plug and play it.

Mostly unavailable

Was lucky got mine pre ordered Smyths night they went live , post Sony showcase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

My Camera adapter arrived in the post this morning. Astro Bot Rescue Mission is getting a blasting this evening once i'm finished work

Advertisement