Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Finally got round to creating a US PlayStation account. It really is a bit ****e that they've 10 more demos than us. I've bought batman and driveclub on my Irish account. My VR isn't arriving till Tuesday. Half tempted to try Argos tomorrow but I probably wouldn't be able to cancel the amazon order. I see CEX are offering 480, but I'd rather not have two of them for even short while.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Wait, is it out tomorrow or Friday? Had it in my head it was Friday but get the impression reading the thread it's tomorrow? Not that it matters, mind. It's an Xmas present for my brother.

...that might need to be tested when he isn't around, I guess ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Wait, is it out tomorrow or Friday? Had it in my head it was Friday but get the impression reading the thread it's tomorrow? Not that it matters, mind. It's an Xmas present for my brother.

...that might need to be tested when he isn't around, I guess ;)
    You most definitely have to test it and update the firmware in advance of giving it to him, I recommend thoroughly testing the unit for many hours to make sure he won't suffer from a sore neck or eye strain.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

PS4 media player is getting updated tomorrow; 360 video/pictures. Also adding FLAC for audiophiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Well the headset fits well anyway lads. That's as much craic as I'll knock out of it until November, Jesus tis killing me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

No sign of the Argos site being updated with it as of yet, will be surprised if it's updated at 9am tomorrow, may be best off using the number and ringing nearest store to reserve...

The 01 number I previously posted may also work as I find it hard to get through to the actual store (rang Cavan about 3 times no answer but Monaghan answered on my 3rd call)...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Well the headset fits well anyway lads. That's as much craic as I'll knock out of it until November, Jesus tis killing me :(

You're not playing it till November because you only demoed it, or because of motion sickness and sh1t? this post confuses me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

nocoverart wrote: »
    You're not playing it till November because you only demoed it, or because of motion sickness and sh1t? this post confuses me.

Think he pre-ordered the PS4 Pro, which won't be out until november.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

F1ngers wrote: »
    Think he pre-ordered the PS4 Pro, which won't be out until november.

Oh fook! that's another thing on my wish list... and Nintendo haven't even shown off 'NX' yet. My wallet is on life support.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Oh fook! that's another thing on my wish list... and Nintendo haven't even shown off 'NX' yet. My wallet is on life support.

Going to be an expensive few months.
    PS4Pro, then 4KTV followed by PSVR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

My PS4 died last wkend, waiting for pro to replace it. Awful timing for it to die :(

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

Psvr is live on Argos. Got mine reserved!
    Because it's stupid o clock, i entered my mobile number incorrectly in the reservation haha, luckily i got my email address right though

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭rabwaygal

stevexo wrote: »
    Psvr is live on Argos. Got mine reserved!
    Because it's stupid o clock, i entered my mobile number incorrectly in the reservation haha, luckily i got my email address right though[/quote

Did you manage to reserve it online? Having a look now and not seeing it for selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

I reserved it online alright on my mobile browser.
    Search either using the term 'vr' or the product id 5722015

stevexo wrote: »
    I reserved it online alright on my mobile browser.
    Search either using the term 'vr' or the product id 5722015

Am on my mobile too and neither are bringing it up. Maybe they took it down again?

rabwaygal wrote: »
    Am on my mobile too and neither are bringing it up. Maybe they took it down again?

My bad. Got it there

Its up on the mobile browser only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

All of dublin bar ommi park seems out of stock already. Did anyone get one anywhere else in dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Managed to reserve one in Argos too.

Have requested cancellation from Amazon now too. Hope I got it in time

Edit... And I didn't. Amazon really screwed me over

• Registered Users Posts: 6,380 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

For the Dame Street event;

What are the chances of getting a walk-in slot? I'm booked for Sunday but would love to try it out after work today.

Also, where is it exactly? Dublin castle?

• Advertisement

If anyone got a code for Dublin their not using I would appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Just reported that to the advertising standards agency. Sick of that ****e from Argos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

corcaigh07 wrote: »

What are the chances of getting a walk-in slot? I'm booked for Sunday but would love to try it out after work today.

Also, where is it exactly? Dublin castle?

It's off Trinity street. Cross from the Central bank and you'll see a pub called The Bankers. It's right beside it and very very easy to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

corcaigh07 wrote: »

I was there yesterday - they said they have slots available for walk-ins, but you may have to wait before you get your turn.

I arrived there at about 12:30 yesterday without a booking and didn't have to wait at all.

It's well worth checking out for anyone that's still undecided on VR.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

I bought Arkham VR on pre order ages ago on the store went to download it this morning and no download link nothing in library anyone else got this issue, money was taken have e-mail confirming it.

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Wasn't many, managed to get 1 in limerick at 7am.

Woke up at 6 and groggy eye couldn't see it so when I actually got up at 7 was able to.

Thankfully I'm down in limerick today as there wasn't much around Dublin/wicklow.

WYpVxjq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Varik wrote: »

Woke up at 6 and groggy eye couldn't see it so when I actually got up at 7 was able to.

Thankfully I'm down in limerick today as there wasn't much around Dublin/wicklow.

WYpVxjq.jpg

I've one reserved in Wexford for my brother. If he gets one in Kilkenny himself I'll pass this on on to whoever wants it.

Should know later today.

Has anyone just walked into a game stop and got one? Showing on the site for click and collected but want money up front. Don't trust the site that there is stock in every shop

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭seany212121

Rang gamestop but they told me pre orders only for the headset I was going to try walk in and collect but dont think there is a point. If anyone has a spare code for south Dublin I would be very grateful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 sobs

Varik wrote: »

WYpVxjq.jpg

What site did you use to check the stock in all stores?

Advertisement