Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

For those that have the adapter and the PS5, what PSVR games have you tried on it? And have there been any major improvements?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Adapter arrived this morning for me as well.
    Been dreading this day. Having to mess with cables behind/under tv. :eek:

Wonder how long until it can be used on pc.

Find it funny that something as small and as obvious as the adapter comes with a 50+ page booklet.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Mine arrived aswell, now my backlog has doubled with the VR titles I have to play.

Will def try get more use out of it , have it in my small bedroom really wish I had more space for it.

Also I know its minor gripe but the whole being wired to it is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Find it funny that something as small and as obvious as the adapter comes with a 50+ page booklet.

There's only 2 pages really, when you consider it's in 25 different languages:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Mine arrived aswell, now my backlog has doubled with the VR titles I have to play.

Will def try get more use out of it , have it in my small bedroom really wish I had more space for it.

Also I know its minor gripe but the whole being wired to it is annoying.

Could be worth checking out the Quest 2 later on as it solves 2 of those issues you mention (can be used in any large space you have, even outdoors, and no wires)

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

I

I've just been informed my adapter has arrived so when I get home I'm going into virtual reality for the evening!

Huge difference in star wars squadron compared to the base ps4 vr experience. Resolution seems to be a lot higher

I'm not using hdmi 2.1 but does the VR box affect its usage? Or if you want to use it do you have to connect directly from PS5 to TV?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'm not using hdmi 2.1 but does the VR box affect its usage? Or if you want to use it do you have to connect directly from PS5 to TV?

It will almost certainly have to be plugged direct into the TV. The processor unit can't pass through HDR even (at least it couldn't on the first model of PSVR)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    It will almost certainly have to be plugged direct into the TV. The processor unit can't pass through HDR even (at least it couldn't on the first model of PSVR)

Correct, v1 couldn't but v2 can, or at least should. CUH-ZVR1 can't do passthrough, but CUH-ZVR2 does.

HDMI goes from PS4 to breakout box, and another cable from breakout box to TV. So if you have CUH-ZVR1 you have to swap out cables to use HDR, but with CUH_ZVR2 you don't.

Adapter came today, probably won't try it out until tomorrow, but will report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I just love playing Dirt Rally in VR :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Hitman 3 for PS5 will include a digital PS4 edition allowing access to that version’s PlayStation VR mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Will my current ps4 vr games - disk and online store bought work on a PS5? Thanks

Danick wrote: »
    Will my current ps4 vr games - disk and online store bought work on a PS5? Thanks

Yep, as long as they weren't on the very small exception list for backwards compatibility

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Hitman 3 for PS5 will include a digital PS4 edition allowing access to that version’s PlayStation VR mode.

It was confirmed that the PSVR will only work with PS4 games, and not with any PS5 version of games. So any PS5 game that wants to support VR will need to have a PS4 version. Hugely disappointing.

I have a standard PS4 - I know that PS 4 Pro adds improvements - will the PSVR games appear like they do on Standard PS4 on the PS5 or will they be on a par with the PS4 Pro on the PS5? Thanks

Danick wrote: »
    I have a standard PS4 - I know that PS 4 Pro adds improvements - will the PSVR games appear like they do on Standard PS4 on the PS5 or will they be on a par with the PS4 Pro on the PS5? Thanks

They'll be on par with the Pro, but the Pro running at 100% framerate at all times without slowdown.

So..er... like a "better Pro"

Also some games have been enhanced with additional details on display although according to some reviews I've seen it's very minimal difference

• Advertisement

mrcheez wrote: »
    They'll be on par with the Pro, but the Pro running at 100% framerate at all times without slowdown.

So..er... like a "better Pro"

Also some games have been enhanced with additional details on display although according to some reviews I've seen it's very minimal difference

Awesome! I held off buying a Pro so delighted with that! Thanks

Just seen this, time to revisit this VR gem...

"The “Boxing Day” update for SUPERHOT VR is out now, adding a bonus festive-themed endless mode level along with a stack of overall game performance improvements."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Just seen this, time to revisit this VR gem...

"The “Boxing Day” update for SUPERHOT VR is out now, adding a bonus festive-themed endless mode level along with a stack of overall game performance improvements."

It's good.
    It's tough, I cannot remember the controls.
    But throwing seemed better for me.

coolisin wrote: »
    It's good.

I found the crux of it is getting your head around moving v little. Don't think I ever quite finished it tho so will definitely whack it on over chrimbo and try the new update too. Might help me work off some of the Christmas pud!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭amacca

coolisin wrote: »
    It's good.

The throwing is God awful on psvr and ruins what would be an otherwise enjoyable for me .....gave up when I couldn't get past a challenge that required you to throw an object early on.....didnt really mind if it was counterintuitive just that there was a method that worked was repeatable....no combination of flicks, pushing in a straight line, frisbee toss8ng, holding move button releasing at the last second etc etc resulted in anything repeatable or accurate...no matter how hard I tried it objects ended up going at unusual angles or backwards .......the throwing in superhot on psvr is really unforgivable imo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

The thing that prevented me from continuing with S&S was the locomotion. I want to try the 3D Rudder, but support seems very slow, but until they figure out good locomotion, I can't stick with these games. It's why flying or static games are more suited to PSVR, or Astros/Blood and Truths style. Why hasn't anyone re-released all the Time Crisis games in VR yet? Seems perfectly suited for it! Oh, and Point Blank... What I wouldn't give for another Point Blank game. Any shooting games I've gotten on VR so far just haven't had the same fun as Point Blank.

amacca wrote: »
    The throwing is God awful on psvr and ruins what would be an otherwise enjoyable for me .....gave up when I couldn't get past a challenge that required you to throw an object early on.....didnt really mind if it was counterintuitive just that there was a method that worked was repeatable....no combination of flicks, pushing in a straight line, frisbee toss8ng, holding move button releasing at the last second etc etc resulted in anything repeatable or accurate...no matter how hard I tried it objects ended up going at unusual angles or backwards .......the throwing in superhot on psvr is really unforgivable imo

Had these issues with my initial setup of the PSVR but once I stuck the camera up high and pointing down into the play area I had no issues.

Had these issues with my initial setup of the PSVR but once I stuck the camera up high and pointing down into the play area I had no issues.

Thank you for suggestion. Mine is mounted on wall above TV approx 8 foot high

Maybe if I angled it so it's looking down more?

The thing is I never bothered because it tracks other movements fine like pointing aiming a gun and that requires camera to track the move controllers so if it can do it for that why cant it do it for throwing.....it tracks head movements including ducking etc fine too It just seems to be horrendous when you try to throw something regardless of the speed or technique and when you press/release move button.........I assumed throwing implemented horribly on that basis but I will give angling camera down a go and see if it improves things

You don't "throw" per se in Super hot. You move your arm in the direction you want the object to go and let go of the button before completing the movement.

No need to flick or throw quickly.

• Advertisement

mrcheez wrote: »
    You don't "throw" per se in Super hot. You move your arm in the direction you want the object to go and let go of the button before completing the movement.

No need to flick or throw quickly.

Genuinely tried that too, including the slow mo push shot.....the object I'm trying to throw usually just stays there in mid air before dropping after release

The only time I get some movement out of the object seems to be with a flick but the direction is unpredictable....actually scratch that it predictably won't be anywhere near on target, usually downwards away from target, im obviously doing something silly but cant for the life of me work out why, what makes it confusing is all other tracking/movement in game works fairly intuitively so that leaves two options in my mind

1) I'm just not doing it right - very possible I suppose, although I have cycled throigh a lot of options techniques etc

2) throwing is way too fiddly and poorly implemented in the game - also possible I suppose.

Advertisement