Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,118 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

General consensus seems to be it's good but expensive, and will depend on what games get released for it long term. Horizon looks great and is a good showcase for the headset but is kind of dull as an actual game, pretty much what I was expecting.

I'm in the minority of people who own a sim racing rig and in the minority of that group in that I only play on console so I'm mainly just getting this for Gran Turismo (and hopefully future support for some non Sony racing games), anything else on top of that is a bonus as far as I'm concerned. I had originally just pre-ordered the standalone headset but changed it a month ago to the Horizon bundle as I may as well check out some other VR games while I'm at it. I doubt I'd have shelled out €550 for a headset if it wasn't for the racing games so I can see why the reviews all mention the steep price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I'm giving serious thoughts to a wheel set up for GT7 later in the year.

The only negative any reviewers seem to be giving is the price but for the hardware involved I don't mind paying it. It's the backlog of games that will get to me, I've a good few bought and ready for launch but with Drums Rock being announced for next week aswell as Switchback in a few weeks it's gonna be the usual story of too many games and not enough time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

are any of the upgraded psvr 1 titles that are available on psvr2 launch day , essential purchases ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Essential is subjective but of the upgraded titles I'm looking forward to Pistol Whip, Synth Riders, Thumper and After The Fall

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

GS emailed me today, it's on its way! Maybe I'll get lucky and get it a day early :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Received mine at 7am this morning. Unfortunately my company mandated a return to 5 days in the office this week so its going to be a long day of waiting to try it.

Booked tomorrow off work, straight to Gamestop in the morning to collect it and vegetate for the day. Or as much as my kids will allow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Looking forward to hearing peoples opinions on this.

I don't have a PS5 yet, but I am coming around to the idea of getting one.

Just had a call from GS that my headset is in store and ready for collection tomorrow, no stopping the hype now!

Although he did have a cheek to say that after the €50 deposit paid, I "only" owe €600 !! Good job for trade ins and a gift card from work :-)

I was hoping they'd call to say come and get it today since lots of people had theirs delivered from Gamestop today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,824 ✭✭✭jj880

Some sound boards member will send yous their proof of delivery. Straight to the store to chance yer arm 😂.

10 more games announced... be interested how the Air Guitar game feels with the controllers rather than a guitar, many happy memories of Guitar Hero back in the day

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/02/21/10-new-ps-vr2-titles-revealed-launch-window-lineup-now-over-40-games/

I got a call to say it's ready tomorrow, that will have to do. Hopefully they have the charging stations in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Watching Gran Turismo I'm beyond hyped for it.

Some people got the headsets today.

Very jealous.

It will be a little while before I pick it up

New State of Play announced for tomorrow to include 5 new PSVR2 games slated for release later in the year.

Well, seems like there are no games that support it as of today. Guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to try it

GT7 and Village are the only 2 ready right now.

Village shows as VR, but isn't enabled yet, i assume it will get a small update to unlock it tomorrow. GT7 I've heard ad well but i don't own that one as i don't like racing games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

What’s the chances of Argos having this tomorrow folks, or is it exclusive to Gamestop? I know Argos is leaving the country soon so not sure if that’s a factor. The big kid in me wants this at the last minute but its quite a bit of money…. probably better for me if they don’t have it 😁

• Advertisement

It's exclusive to GameStop in Ireland is my understanding

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

I got mine this afternoon, still haven't had the time to give it a go though. Everything is set up now though so I'll definitely be on it at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Set it up and gave GT7 and Horizon a go (there is a trial for Horizon that lets you play the intro).

Set up was simple. Plug in the head set, plug in the controllers, set you room and eye tracking and off you go.

The eye tracking is weird. The amount of times I've been on a setting and went to press X but my eye looked at another setting and I hit the wrong one 😂

Very impressive. I'm still getting used to it. I'm getting a goggle effect where I am seeing the black in between my eyes. Likely need to just get the fitting right.

GT7 was great. Took me a while to realise that the race is in VR but the rolling start is in Big picture mode. I searched high and low for the setting to turn it on and then gave up and said I'll do one race in big picture mode. Rolling start in that view and then all of a sudden I'm in the car. Got some actual motion feeling for the first few corners.

Horizon is amazing looking, not sure how much of a game it could be. There is lots and lots and lots of climbing. It is really good but not sure how long I want to actually keep doing it for.

But overall an incredible piece of kit. High-end VR for a low-end VR price. Even though 550-600 is expensive it's up against head sets far more expensive.

Had a blast for an hour or so over lunch, first impression is it's a very impressive piece of kit. Setup takes 5 mins to do the eye tracking (felt like in Specsavers looking for the hot air balloon!) and room setup. Then and going forward its just plug and play. Headset definitely feels lighter than the previous, and the look through toggle is really useful (touch of a button lets you see through the headset to your room, and then back to the game screen again).

Games wise, had a lash at Pistol Whip and Synth Riders first. The Sense controllers feel so natural immediately, a mighty step up from the Moves. Graphics definitely significantly sharper, but what struck me most was the tracking of movements was bang on and smoother; before with PSVR1 I found it be hit and miss, sometimes you almost had to adapt your playstyle to always hit a bit lower/later etc then what felt right to allow for bad tracking, not so here.

Unfortunately I didn't charge my controllers, so they didn't last long after only started on one bar. Not to worry, banged them on charge whilst booting up GT7. And here is where the graphical difference with PSVR1 is super evident. It may hit more for those us who had the previous headset, since it is a step down from PS5 flat graphics, but only a minor one imo, and certainly a huge step up from PSVR1 graphics, both in terms of fidelity and smoothness. Which for GT7 gives a great sense of speed, and when you get chance physically looking behind you to see the car you just overtook is mighty satisfying.

Looking forward to diving in more this evening, but as this very early stage, so far delighted with this purchase.

One thing I noticed in GS when I picked up my headset earlier. They had a short printed out list of upcoming physical PSVR2 games. One that caught my eye was Resident Evil 4, this hasn't been announced as PSVR2 compatible to the best of my knowledge. Now its not official, could easy be a mistake by GS, but maybe find out more at State of Play tomorrow? Here's hoping...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

It's official, available some time after launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

It's more like 600-650, not 550? Unless you can get it for 550 somewhere in Ireland?

Got stuck into Horizon this morning, unbelievable so far even if my shoulders are starting to ache.

The main thing I noticed is the weight of the dual sense in comparison to then vr controllers when you go back to using it for GT7.

Enjoying it too but I keep whacking the controllers against the front of the headset in the heat of battle :D I hope its sturdy enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Has anyone played zenith the last city? Toying between getting that or after the fall...maybe even both if reviews are decent

Advertisement