Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

gmg678 wrote: »
    people were saying yesterday, buy 3 games get batman free.

Think this deal is only if you purchase the VR in the store...

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

RedXIV wrote: »

It's cool but I'd be very surprised if you couldn't get a cheaper projector with a better resolution to be honest.

Its more the room to have a projector really..

• Registered Users Posts: 14 verbat

Smyths in Naas seem to still have some according to website.
    just ordered! thanks a million, had to return one to argos earlier for a refund as they had no stock to replace it

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭gmg678

verbat wrote: »
    Smyths in Naas seem to still have some according to website.
    just ordered! thanks a million, had to return one to argos earlier for a refund as they had no stock to replace it
    no worries hopefully this one works out for you.

RasTa wrote: »
    Those Cex are cheeky bastards selling it for €575

A fella I work with sold them 3 sets yesterday.
    made 80e on each then bough another for himself .

why dont they just get there own stock ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/video/2016/oct/14/great-white-smashes-through-shark-cage-during-diving-trip-video

Anyone else think of "ocean deep" when looking at this.

Great white shark manages to force its way into a shark cage, then escape out, followed a few seconds later by the diver who was trapped in there with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Ninjavampire

I just paid for it on Smyths for 1-2 day delivery. I'm skeptical they actually have it in stock but I thought it was worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭gmg678

I just paid for it on Smyths for 1-2 day delivery. I'm skeptical they actually have it in stock but I thought it was worth a shot.

i think smyths still have a few knocking around the place. you might be in look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Gamestop updated their website at some point and there isn't one to be had anywhere in the country now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Id like to at least give this a try for now but not even gonna think about buying it yet :pac:

I will be keeping very close eye on how the pro handles VR cause i think thats my next upgrade if anything.

That and Resident evil 7 next year has me very very interested in the VR side of things!!.

Horror games would be a massive draw for me with VR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Just a heads up. Seems to be a few in argos in dublin city at the moment. 4-5 spread across different stores

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Only got to mess around with it for about an hour. Those demos are super short. Loved Job simulator. Found myself making chomping noises when eating the donuts. Thought the previews of Batman from a few months ago sounded dreadful, but it really is a cool experience. Driveclub looks terrible, really hope the pro can significantly lift it. It really is amazing that the standard PS4 handles so much of the content so well. It's an amazing piece of optimisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Picked up the VR worlds full disk today, the shark dive is amazing. They really should have that as the showcase demo. Even though I knew it wasn't real and I knew it was coming I still jumped out of the way when it tried to bite me. :D

London Heist is ok, very short and not much game play. But an enjoyable tech demo.

VR Luge is terrible, if you think Drive Club looks bad the cars in this belong in Minecraft (maybe an exaggeration :pac: ) Ruins all sense of motion.

Tried the Little cinema thing, don't bother, you can barely see the videos they are such low res.

Watched some Netflix, on the large and medium sized screen. Very watchable. Quality looks fine. Not sure I would watch a movie in it though.

So far it has been hit and miss. Some really good experiences, some terrible. I hope there is a killer experience coming as the short tech demos are only something you play once or twice. And they really need some kind of glove so your hands are in the game. I keep trying to touch things.

I also have started to notice a haze, most likely from the screen. As the objects appear far away you forget the screen is inches away from your eyes. So the shine from the screen creates a weird mist effect.

The weirdest thing, is when you come out of VR after an hour or two. You kinda float around not knowing what is real. You get so used to the weird floaty controls in game. I was trying to put my coffee cup in the sink and was kinda hovering it around for a few seconds not understanding how to put it down.

How do you go into cinema mode? I just put headset on and used that I never changed anything?...

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Qreq

How do you go into cinema mode? I just put headset on and used that I never changed anything?
    You don't have to do anything to get in "cinema mode", it's the thing you see when you're not in "VR mode".

Qreq wrote: »
    You don't have to do anything to get in "cinema mode", it's the thing you see when you're not in "VR mode".

How do you change the size of the screen then cheers..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

How do you change the size of the screen then cheers..

Bring up the quick menu (that was added in the last patch or so) and you'll see the options for VR and it's there under screen size.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Picked up the VR worlds full disk today, the shark dive is amazing. They really should have that as the showcase demo. Even though I knew it wasn't real and I knew it was coming I still jumped out of the way when it tried to bite me. :D

London Heist is ok, very short and not much game play. But an enjoyable tech demo.

VR Luge is terrible, if you think Drive Club looks bad the cars in this belong in Minecraft (maybe an exaggeration :pac: ) Ruins all sense of motion.

Tried the Little cinema thing, don't bother, you can barely see the videos they are such low res.

Watched some Netflix, on the large and medium sized screen. Very watchable. Quality looks fine. Not sure I would watch a movie in it though.

So far it has been hit and miss. Some really good experiences, some terrible. I hope there is a killer experience coming as the short tech demos are only something you play once or twice. And they really need some kind of glove so your hands are in the game. I keep trying to touch things.

I also have started to notice a haze, most likely from the screen. As the objects appear far away you forget the screen is inches away from your eyes. So the shine from the screen creates a weird mist effect.

The weirdest thing, is when you come out of VR after an hour or two. You kinda float around not knowing what is real. You get so used to the weird floaty controls in game. I was trying to put my coffee cup in the sink and was kinda hovering it around for a few seconds not understanding how to put it down.
    I find watching tv on it is akin to watching a cam version of a new release and I'm expecting someone to walk in front on the screen.
    Ah it's not that bad but if you take if off and look at the image on your tv it's night and day.

Before this was released I was constantly playing Overwatch, now it seems I have brushed Overwatch aside and it's all about VR now... Only downside for me is the fact that Dangerball does not have an Online MP mode, man that game would be so insane with online multiplayer... I guess they had to take into consideration the numbers of people playing etc though but I would totally pay for them to add an online mode...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Before this was released I was constantly playing Overwatch, now it seems I have brushed Overwatch aside and it's all about VR now... Only downside for me is the fact that Dangerball does not have an Online MP mode, man that game would be so insane with online multiplayer... I guess they had to take into consideration the numbers of people playing etc though but I would totally pay for them to add an online mode...

There's a game that will be out soon on PSVR that is fairly similar to Dangerball, its called Holoball and I think it will support online multiplayer.

• Advertisement

nocoverart wrote: »
    There's a game that will be out soon on PSVR that is fairly similar to Dangerball, its called Holoball and I think it will support online multiplayer.

Doesn't look quite as fun as Danger Ball but will actually buy it if it's a reasonable price ... Is there any other online Multiplayer games worth checking out??..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Doesn't look quite as fun as Danger Ball but will actually buy it if it's a reasonable price ... Is there any other online Multiplayer games worth checking out??..

Holoball has been out for quite some time on the Vive, most people love it. Check out the reviews on steam but it won't be as fun on PSVR because of the lack of room-scale VR. I guess Battlezone and Rigs are the main two online games, the former has online co-op and the latter competitive multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Qreq

How do you change the size of the screen then cheers.
    No problem. On the cross media bar, choose Settings, then Devices, then PlayStation VR, and finally Screen Size. It might help any tracking issues you have if you go through all the other settings on the page where Screen Size is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

There really needs to be a positioning view for the camera, something with human/Vitruvian Man outline that you can use to mess with the camera rather than it giving an inverted view that you need the headset to position.

They have a couple of units in stock in Smyth's airside at the moment, 2 as of an hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

I have a reservation code for Argos Jervis Street, expires today, if anyone wants one

Varik wrote: »
    There really needs to be a positioning view for the camera, something with human/Vitruvian Man outline that you can use to mess with the camera rather than it giving an inverted view that you need the headset to position.

Yeah I think I know what you mean. When it shows you what the camera is seeing and asks you to adjust the camera so your face is in the box and to do it you need to move, blindly I might ad hands out looking for the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

iamtony wrote: »
    Yeah I think I know what you mean. When it shows you what the camera is seeing and asks you to adjust the camera so your face is in the box and to do it you need to move, blindly I might ad hands out looking for the camera.

Stolen from Reddit.....

When your VR headset is connected, you can look at yourself through the camera with 3 presses.

Hold the PS button to access the quick menu
    Select "Adjust Playstation VR" from the menu
    Select "Confirm Your Position" from the sub menu.
    Find your controller/beer/pet.
    Extra button: If you're in a game and want to view the non-inverted camera press the PS button once before to get to the XMB.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Is Amazon the cheapest place to buy the bundle of headset, camera and the handheld things?

• Advertisement

Stolen from Reddit.....

When your VR headset is connected, you can look at yourself through the camera with 3 presses.

Hold the PS button to access the quick menu
    Select "Adjust Playstation VR" from the menu
    Select "Confirm Your Position" from the sub menu.
    Find your controller/beer/pet.
    Extra button: If you're in a game and want to view the non-inverted camera press the PS button once before to get to the XMB.

Nice one, would be great if they had a camera in middle of the headset so you could activate it as I usually have to take headset off to reply to messages...

Advertisement